• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Not condoning this action but with family members in the military, I will definitely have to support them on the field if necessary. Unfortunate situation done by a bad leader in the USA.
You definitely seem really sad about being super psyched about going to war to kill people like a sociopathic anime character.

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
Again, the consequences aren't the same. Iran will obviously likely respond, but there are ways for them to do so that won't bring war TO Iran.
Yeah, but Iran is allies with Russia. Russia wouldn't stand for U.S. invasion of Iran proper unless we want to go to war with Russia. There could always be proxy wars/battles in Syria and Iraq, but thanks to the U.S. invasion of Iraq, Iran basically controls the region. Our only allies in the area are the Kurds and...well....we burned that bridge with a metric ton of gasoline. So basically a clusterfuck, especially if the Saudi's get involved.

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
Killing a military commander of a country you're not at war with is one thing, but the US fucking fired rockets at a civilian airport? What in the absolute fuck?

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A few more thoughts on this:
1. Kiss goodbye any notion of keeping Iran from becoming a nuclear power. Russia will be feeding them as much uranium as they need after this, I would imagine.
2. This is tremendously dangerous for allies in the region. What's to stop Iran from retaliating by having Hezbollah start sending wave after wave of attacks into Jerusalem?
3. This puts the EU in an IMPOSSIBLE position where they might honestly have to back Iran during a military conflict with the US if this is seen as completely unprovoked.
4. You also put a bullseye on any number of Americans working in Iraq. Americans will likely die because of this when they didn't need to, at all.
5. Iranian military is not the Iraqi military. This isn't a third world bunch of scrubs. It's a 400k strong standing military backed with technology from Russia and China with allies in the region (and outside of it.) Any American who thinks this is basically Iraq Pt 2 is fooling themselves, not least of all because Iran has been training the very troops that the US left in Iraq to be in charge! Do these idiots think that Iran doesn't understand American Operational Capabilities in theater right now? smh.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
Eh, tbh this is a shocking state of events, but I can't think of Iran starting a general war. Heres the thing, escalation to war, Trump does not want, but Iran is understandably worried about a general war that will result in Iran's devastation.

Covert ops, except if I were Iran I would be worried any deaths of Americans would result in airstrikes on Iran proper, that Iran isn't likely able to counter. Iran can close the Strait except that would harm Iran's oil income, and the U.S once again can missile strike Iran to bloodiness.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's the biggest sign of a war we've ever seen between Iran and US.
Maybe you heard the name of Soleimani before, but you really don't know the important of him for Iran's regime. He was much more than a simple general and was one of the biggest symbols of Iran's regime these years and that scares me a lot. :(

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
I want to get the fuck out of this country.

Can someone explain what killing this guy actually means to the Iranians?

Avinash117

Oct 25, 2017
Nah it's in no one's best strategic interest as of now.

Iran definitely will send some covert ops into overdrive starting this second though. Cyber attacks and the like
Iran has a massive amount of assets in the Middle East, it wouldn't be just that. Bombings, rocket attacks, and assassinations of US personnel in the region is a huge possibility.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Continuing the tradition of destabilizing the Middle East!
Now we wait to see how Iran retaliates, because we all know they will.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
A few more thoughts on this:
1. Kiss goodbye any notion of keeping Iran from becoming a nuclear power. Russia will be feeding them as much uranium as they need after this, I would imagine.
2. This is tremendously dangerous for allies in the region. What's to stop Iran from retaliating by having Hezbollah start sending wave after wave of attacks into Jerusalem?
3. This puts the EU in an IMPOSSIBLE position where they might honestly have to back Iran during a military conflict with the US if this is seen as completely unprovoked.
4. You also put a bullseye on any number of Americans working in Iraq. Americans will likely die because of this when they didn't need to, at all.
5. Iranian military is not the Iraqi military. This isn't a third world bunch of scrubs. It's a 400k strong standing military backed with technology from Russia and China with allies in the region (and outside of it.) Any American who thinks this is basically Iraq Pt 2 is fooling themselves, not least of all because Iran has been training the very troops that the US left in Iraq to be in charge! Do these idiots think that Iran doesn't understand American Operational Capabilities in theater right now? smh.

1. Israel and the U.S can bomb Iran from the air, enough to disrupt Iranian nuclear enrichment if it comes to that.

2. Israel is quite hawkish on Iran and Hezbollah, the opportunity to be attacked by them would be welcomed to have the moral hand to destroy Hezbollah's base in Lebanon.

3. Backing militarily? You mean diplomatically? Thing is, Soleimani is a Iranian general, but Quds Force has been well established as a funder of terrorist activities, its not gonna be that unprovoked for his death.

4. Yes, Americans will be dying in some fashion in Iraq and Syria.
Edit: Probably throughout the Middle East.

5. It won't be a ground invasion, the U.S does not have nor needs to invade Iran, just bomb it from the air that damage Iran. Iran's ground military can't be deployed to Iraq, there's not really a U.S presence to force out that can't evacuated, attacking U.S bases in Kuwait is, general war but again Iran loses there as well.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Fucking hell, can we not go to war? Jesus the anti-war movement needs a resurgence in this country.
I'm making a sign and I'm gonna stand in the intersection where the (very few) anti Iraq war protesters stood in the lead-up to that stupid war.
I think anyone that can do it should consider doing something similar. You're gonna be the hipster of the anti-war protests who was into being against pointless death before it was cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.