• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guddha

Sep 5, 2019
Imagine if another country brazenly killed the CIA director without even a flimsy cover story to explain it. This administration and the braindead cultists who support them are literal human garbage. I hope they all die of cancer and burn in hell for all eternity.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did we ever expect the dumbass in chief to respond accordingly?
Well, he hasn't done anything like this before. He's just de facto declared war on Iran with no congressional, NATO or UN approval assuming the US really has drone striked the head of Iran's armed forces. Even W didn't have the stones for that.

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
starting a war with Iran will also slow and maybe kill any movement Democrats had with the impeachment.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
I bet Trump is licking his chops right now. The egotistical fuck would just LOVE to play war. He's been dying for this.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
People attacking Hilary when she literally warned y'all Trump would do something stupid like this.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I'm not sure there's enough information yet to make assumptions about the extremely important question of who is behind this and why it happened.

Only thing that seems certain is this is a very serious and likely consequential situation.

Oct 27, 2017
London
The guy was was a terrorist and assassin. The US should never have escalated at all but no RIP for him. RIP to all the innocents that will pay the price for this.

Exactly, why the FUCK are people here sympathizing with this motherfucker. Who shot 1000+ protesters in Iran last month? The Revolutionary Guards. Escalation isn't smart and so many innocents will die but well I don't give a fuck that he's dead.

Oct 25, 2017
Iraq has a choice now. They have to either kick the US out or face destabilization from Iran, which in turn would bring in more US troops.

There is no planning or diplomacy being conducted

Guddha

Sep 5, 2019
Anyone who thinks this won't result in an escalation of violence in the region is a fucking fool.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The guy was was a terrorist and assassin. The US should never have escalated at all but no RIP for him. RIP to all the innocents that will pay the price for this.
He was a general in their head of their CIA (kinda).
He has blood on his hands, of course, but I think the fact that we insist on talking about generals and spooks from countries the US want to go to war with like they're comic book villains is a big part of the reason why America always manage to get public support for those shitty wars.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I'd wait until we get another source on Naaem Qasem's death, before we treat it like the gospel. I'm currently watching Al Mayadeen (Lebanese based news channel), and they have yet to say anything on his death. Still talking about Qasem Soleimani.

Soleimani's death alone is going to caus a shitshow but if Hezbollah's Deputy leader is also dead, this is going to become a nightmare. Neither Hezbollah or Iran will take this while sitting down.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
We just assassinated their top military officer, and the #3 in their government. Declaring war is but a formality at this point
Iran has absolutely zero to gain in any military conflict with the US. I have no doubt there will be a retaliation, but that is not the same as war.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Exactly, why the FUCK are people here sympathizing with this motherfucker. Who shot 1000+ protesters in Iran last month? The Revolutionary Guards. Escalation isn't smart and so many innocents will die but well I don't give a fuck that he's dead.

I think you're missing the point. No one is grieving for this guy. It's not about him, it's about what his death means if the US are responsible, which appears to be the case.

Ando

Apr 21, 2018
it's a really really really terrible outcome, i pray it is a mis-identification. genuinely can't think of a single geo-political provocation like it in my lifetime. the best case scenario still involves a significant and nasty escalation in the region. what are they doing?????

Deleted member 26398

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Another thing being overlooked is that there are reports that US is arresting Iraqi politicians who are close to Iran.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
I'd wait until we get another source on Naaem Qasem's death, before we treat it like the gospel. I'm currently watching Al Mayadeen (Lebanese based news channel), and they have yet to say anything on his death. Still talking about Qasem Soleimani.

Soleimani's death alone is going to caus a shitshow but if Hezbollah's Deputy leader is also dead, this is going to become a nightmare. Neither Hezbollah or Iran will take this while sitting down.

Doesn't the OP say it was the deputy head of Hashed al-Shaabi, and not Hezbollah? Or were there three targets in this?

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
donald trump is anti-establishment who isn't cozy with the military industrial complex, or so i hear
Who is this aimed at, trumpers? Or is this some sort of bizarre Hillary sHe tOlD U crowing that is going on elsewhere in the thread?

A lot of people are going to fucking die, folks, and we're going to be treated to more press ghouls masturbating about how beautiful the night-vision contrails are while a bipartisan effort to manufacture consent goes on out in the open. Fuck your little political grievance footballs. This is serious.

Typhon

Oct 25, 2017
Iran has absolutely zero to gain in any military conflict with the US. I have no doubt there will be a retaliation, but that is not the same as war.

Retaliation means escalation which increases the risk of war and at this time neither side has any reason to deescalate.

Status
Not open for further replies.