• It's the most wonderful time of the year! Make your list and check it twice. The ResetEra Games of the Year 2019 Voting Thread is now live. Voting will be open for the next 6 days, 7 hours, 46 minutes, 36 seconds, and will close on Jan 26, 2020 at 9:00 AM.

US Department of Defense confirms it targeted/killed Qasem Soleimani, commander of Iran's Quds Force, outside Baghdad Airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleepnaught

Oct 26, 2017
Can't say I blame Iran, but this isn't going to end well for them. I was hoping cooler heads would prevail. But after endless US antagonism, they really had no choice but to respond.

fadedbones

Oct 25, 2017
Why was the other thread locked????

Got word from friend that their family member evacuated before missiles hit the base but fuck, this shouldn't be happening

Fat4all

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
bork land
the other thread will reopen but will be strictly moderated, which is a good thing because it was getting bad with the drive-bys

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
CNN reporting Trump may address the nation from the Oval Office? Fucking hell.
While it's true that Trump's escalation is what led to this there was never a real chance that this would not receive a response. I can't imagine any other president would have stumbled into this situation (tearing up the Iran deal was the worst move along the way) but once in a situation in which Iran fires dozens of missiles at US troops I can't picture any president not responding militarily at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.