• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
User banned (3 days): trolling, inappropriate jokes in a sensitive thread
I know this is supposed to be a serious situation but these memes have me cracking up man

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I.....I'm honestly scared. The thought of this escalating into full-on war is terrifying.

electricblue

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like this will backfire surely
Killing randos is one thing, but important leadership? We haven't done that in a minute

Oct 27, 2017
I know this is supposed to be a serious situation but these memes have me cracking up man

The sad thing is that a lot of kids to think war is that way. I first hand knew a 17yo guy who wanted to get into military school 'so he can get to shoot guns like Halo and Call of Duty', and his father encouraged him to go. I shit you not.

Fergie

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
England m8.
He's definitely desperate.

Guess all those Iran tweets about Obama was just something he was going to do himself, especially after the air of impeachment around his ass. He's unhinged and has no-one to stop him.
Also ton of money to be made in war. Some in Washington are salivating.

They've already started with the 2020 messaging as well.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
1. Israel and the U.S can bomb Iran from the air, enough to disrupt Iranian nuclear enrichment if it comes to that.

2. Israel is quite hawkish on Iran and Hezbollah, the opportunity to be attacked by them would be welcomed to have the moral hand to destroy Hezbollah's base in Lebanon.

3. Backing militarily? You mean diplomatically? Thing is, Soleimani is a Iranian general, but Quds Force has been well established as a funder of terrorist activities, its not gonna be that unprovoked for his death.

4. Yes, Americans will be dying in some fashion in Iraq and Syria.
Edit: Probably throughout the Middle East.

5. It won't be a ground invasion, the U.S does not have nor needs to invade Iran, just bomb it from the air that damage Iran. Iran's ground military can't be deployed to Iraq, there's not really a U.S presence to force out that can't evacuated, attacking U.S bases in Kuwait is, general war but again Iran loses there as well.
doesn't US need Iraq as an ally to be able to do anything to Iran? the militias that attacked the US embassy only got that far because Iraq let them.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
1. Israel and the U.S can bomb Iran from the air, enough to disrupt Iranian nuclear enrichment if it comes to that.

2. Israel is quite hawkish on Iran and Hezbollah, the opportunity to be attacked by them would be welcomed to have the moral hand to destroy Hezbollah's base in Lebanon.

Iran won't move directly against the US or its allies. They will use Hezbollah or other proxies which will trigger retaliation and civilian casualties. Expect to see a wave of violence through the Middle East as a result of this.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Wut the hell did I just read here?
I mean, it's an honest question. The EU has a lot more diplomatic relationship with Iran than the US does. (Not a hard threshold to achieve, granted.) But if conflict escalates between the US and Iran, is it unreasonable to question what side of everything that the EU comes down on? Especially during a Trump Presidency?

Or am I drastically giving the EU too much credit for not falling in line with stereotypical US posturing?

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
And the irony is Bolton is nowhere in the WH.

Oh joy, this is gonna make Iraqi Freedom look tame.

Also, the tweets supporting this are from the dozens of Trumpers or Russian Bots, I'm sure the majority of America are groaning or scared.

Barzul

Oct 25, 2017

3. Backing militarily? You mean diplomatically? Thing is, Soleimani is a Iranian general, but Quds Force has been well established as a funder of terrorist activities, its not gonna be that unprovoked for his death.

4. Yes, Americans will be dying in some fashion in Iraq and Syria.
Edit: Probably throughout the Middle East.

5. It won't be a ground invasion, the U.S does not have nor needs to invade Iran, just bomb it from the air that damage Iran. Iran's ground military can't be deployed to Iraq, there's not really a U.S presence to force out that can't evacuated, attacking U.S bases in Kuwait is, general war but again Iran loses there as well.
Is the assumption that Iran can't bomb back? At some point they might simply decide that the repercussions are worth it. Leaders have made irrational decisions before, especially when power is very centralized.

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
We killed an Iranian official on Iraqi soil because killing Iraqi people apparently wasn't enough. He's going to send the world further into hell before we kick him out.

Fucking christ

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I mean, it's an honest question. The EU has a lot more diplomatic relationship with Iran than the US does. (Not a hard threshold to achieve, granted.) But if conflict escalates between the US and Iran, is it unreasonable to question what side of everything that the EU comes down on? Especially during a Trump Presidency?

Or am I drastically giving the EU too much credit for not falling in line with stereotypical US posturing?
Does it really need to be explained to you who is more important to the EU between the US and Iran?

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
This is the thing we all feared Trumps would do, but here I was hoping that since he managed three years without starting a war, he could somehow manage to finish his term without doing so.

oh how naive we were

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
doesn't US need Iraq as an ally to be able to do anything to Iran? the militias that attacked the US embassy only got that far because Iraq let them.

A U.S Carrier group in the Indian ocean is enough to hurt Iran. Depending on whether Iranian action targets Saudi Arabia, our bases in S.A can be used as bases in that event as well.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
This is the thing we all feared Trumps would do, but here I was hoping that since he managed three years without starting a war, he could somehow manage to finish his term without doing so.

oh how naive we were
Oh, he was saving this shit for the last year in case since we reached the big election year

RoninZ

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't the Iranian Revolutionary Guard considered terrorists because of their funding organizations and what not? The US better have all the proof in the world that this embassy attack was done in the Iranan Commanders direction. Doing a fucking airstrike in a Iraqi airport is insane imo

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
looking forward to seeing all the people who were freaking out the embassy situation coldly explaining how lucky it is that only Americans currently stationed in the middle east will have to senslessly die as a result of this

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
Less than five years ago, we were on the road to forging a deal to have Iran abandon nukes forever. Now we are on the eve of what could be war and a nuclear arms race in the Middle East. On top of that North Korea is on the verge of building ocean-spanning nuclear ICBMS and Russia has developed hyper sonic nuclear missiles that can evade our missile defense systems. Shit is fucked. I don't have much hope. Climate and change and war probably for the next 50 years if we last that long.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
You know it's a bad idea when the Pentagon immediately blames the President

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
Iran won't move directly against the US or its allies. They will use Hezbollah or other proxies which will trigger retaliation and civilian casualties. Expect to see a wave of violence through the Middle East as a result of this.

Yes, but it won't be a ground war.

Is the assumption that Iran can't bomb back? At some point they might simply decide that the repercussions are worth it. Leaders have made irrational decisions before, especially when power is very centralized.

They can bomb, but the U.S can end their air capability afterwards. Likely, like others have stated, they will launch terror and proxy attacks.

How? ICBMs? Or after years of extended strikes, taking down the entire air defense, and moving in tens of thousands of troops?

No need, bombing Iranian refineries, closing Iranian ports would damage Iran greatly.

cartographer

Oct 25, 2017
Even without open war this is going to lead to increased deaths of innocents from the retaliation and the US responses to that retaliation. More needless deaths in a region that's already suffered more than it should in a thousand years.

Oct 27, 2017
US about to do what it does best. Funnel a shit ton more money into the military industrial complex and kill brown people.

so sick of the people that run this country. Voting doesn't change shit.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Trump is a shitstain, but it's hard to be up in arms over this. The man was and was continuing to be a threat to U.S. forces and personnel abroad. He's responsible for many attacks against US citizens abroad.

I'm not sad he was taken out.

Kinggroin

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uranus, get it?!? YOUR. ANUS.
Are there bots in those tweet threads? Do any of you scroll through them carefully? You've got patterns in posting the same rhetoric. Even the usernames are ridiculous "JanDeplorable" "Dave deplorable" and even some left side stuff is repeated word for word by different accounts.

Social media scares the fuck outta me. Is any of this shit real.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
Wasn't the Iranian Revolutionary Guard considered terrorists because of their funding organizations and what not? The US better have all the proof in the world that this embassy attack was done in the Iranan Commanders direction. Doing a fucking airstrike in a Iraqi airport is insane imo

The PMUs that invaded the embassy are widely pro-Iranian and backed by IRGC. There are rumors that Hezbollah had a commander killed, that would be very a mark against Iran, and against the narrative they were not terrorists or terror backers.

Status
Not open for further replies.