• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
Well thank fuck there was no announcement of retaliation. Will be curious to see how Iran handles the new sanctions, what NATO even says about the request to intervene in the Middle East, and the response from our allies to the moronic request to pull from the Iran deal.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No war for now. Good.
Happy to see him saying that Iran is a natural enemy of ISIS and that the US should work with them. Which is true, and the US should 100% do more of that.
The sanctions are shit, but we'll see what they mean in practice, and the US still need to GTFO of Iraq, but this could have been waaaaaaaaaaaay worse.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly not nearly as bad as I feared.

If the only retaliation is more sanctions then that's honestly probably the best possible outcome of this from the Trump administration.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
Fucking infuriating rhetoric. Iran deserves our ire because they threaten "the civilized world" and want nuclear weapons. As if the US doesn't have a history of meddling in world affairs including toppling democracies. As if the US doesn't impose its will with threats and acts of mass destruction.

And starting the whole thing with "as long as I'm president", confirming what everyone already knew, he risked war because of the impeachment.

Jul 18, 2018
Well thank fuck there was no announcement of retaliation. Will be curious to see how Iran handles the new sanctions, what NATO even says about the request to intervene in the Middle East, and the response from our allies to the moronic request to pull from the Iran deal.
Sources yesterday before the attacks have all said that troops were being moved and bases were on alert. There was a 100% warning from Iran where they would be targeting. This was just a chess move by both countries, with Iran having the queen in check the entire time.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
No war for now. Good.
Happy to see him saying that Iran is a natural enemy of ISIS and that the US should work with them. Which is true, and the US should 100% do more of that.
The sanctions are shit, but we'll see what they mean in practice, and the US still need to GTFO of Iraq, but this could have been waaaaaaaaaaaay worse.
Trump's greatest ability is being able to squirm his way out of any situation. I just don't understand it.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Words fall from his mouth like shit from ass.
tenor.gif

You are a poet.

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
He is a bully, he isn't used to anyone standing against him.
When it happens, he just can't take it.

I'm glad there is no war.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
yay. CNN mentioned that Iran actually fucking had a large hand in fighting ISIS with us, including Sulemani helping to fight Al Qaeda and ISIS as opposed to "being the state sponsor of terrorism"

PRBoricua23

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
A little off-topic, however, I'll ask it here because it does pertain to this thread after-all.

But does anybody else dread going to work the day after an incident like this takes place? I had to take a half-day because I just cannot stand all the xenophobia, racism and rhetoric that gets spouted off by people who have no idea what they're talking about. It's so frustrating.

kess

Oct 27, 2017
This doesn't resolve anything in Iraq and Iran just showed the world there are consequences for fucking with them. I wouldn't call that wriggling out. There will be no new nuclear deal.