• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't watch the bastard speak because it makes my ears bleed, but I tuned into MSNBC just afterward and hear Chris Matthews basically saying "Trump is doing well politically, is at his highest ever approval rating, and his speech today might bring some non-Trump voters to his side."

Fuck off.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
We love to make normal faces, don't we folks?

tg8skirm.png

Deleted member 41638

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
Speech was generic and safe. But that's only because someone else wrote the entire thing. Now we just have to wait for Trump to tweet and reverse everything he got from the speech.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
As long you are fine with Iran sees this as escalation, not de-escalation. Iran will just keep on going too.

Iran has literally said that they're done with attacks if the US didn't respond. Iran got its impressive show of force last night to placate the public and now gets to sit back and watch as the US's position in Iraq quickly deteriorates and likely forces a withdrawal allowing Iran to move in and dominate the region like never before. They won.

Kin5290

Oct 26, 2017
yay. CNN mentioned that Iran actually fucking had a large hand in fighting ISIS with us, including Sulemani helping to fight Al Qaeda and ISIS as opposed to "being the state sponsor of terrorism"
You're one of those people who who believes all Muslims are the same, aren't you?

There's no contradiction between saying that Iran's chief terrorist wrangler supported terrorists from its own religious subdivision while opposing the terrorists formed around the religious sect based in its primary geopolitical rival in the region.

Hell, even Al Qaeda and it's spin-off Al Nusra Front got into fighting against ISIS in Syria. The enemy of your enemy is never your friend.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
9 min ago
President Trump announces new sanctions on Iran
From CNN's Sarah Westwood
President Trump announced his administration will hit Iran with new sanctions in the wake of its attack on two Iraqi military bases housing US troops, as well as in response to its broader aggression in the region.

"The United States will immediately impose additional punishing economic sanctions on the Iranian regime," Trump said.
He noted that his administration is continuing to review other options to respond to the Iranian missile strikes.
"These powerful sanctions will remain until Iran changes its behavior," Trump said. "In recent months alone, Iran has seized ships in international waters, fired an unprovoked strike on Saudi Arabia and shot down two American drones."

The opposite of peace talks.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I think it will be enough to deescalate but I am still fearful because the way talked about Soleimani and Iran. It sounds like he wanted to further humiliate the iranians

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
You're one of those people who who believes all Muslims are the same, aren't you?

There's no contradiction between saying that Iran's chief terrorist wrangler supported terrorists from its own religious subdivision while opposing the terrorists formed around the religious sect based in its primary geopolitical rival in the region.

Hell, even Al Qaeda and it's spin-off Al Nusra Front got into fighting against ISIS in Syria. The enemy of your enemy is never your friend.

Sunnis are not Jihadi Wahhabists...my main priority is that USA should have nothing to do with threats that are not directly against America..which is primarily wahhabi fundamentalist terror.

I am aware of the complicated history which has had them against us. But i am far more interested in the reality of showing the situation as grey instead of black and white propoaganda

I am aware, but i am saying i am happy that they did not subscribe to black and white rhetoric in order to paint "Iran" as the enemy, and give credence to the idea that the strike was justified.

Last edited:

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
hang on

as a Scot I thought all American news channels had rusty brown tongues from trumps arse? CNN is actually being fair?
The problem with American media in general is its propensity to portray both sides of any argument as equally valid. There are plenty of rightwing owned media outlets, mind, but the general American problem isn't the same as the BBC'S kowtowing to the administration in power. It's letting the right wing's bad faith actions go unchallenged.

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't watch the bastard speak because it makes my ears bleed, but I tuned into MSNBC just afterward and hear Chris Matthews basically saying "Trump is doing well politically, is at his highest ever approval rating, and his speech today might bring some non-Trump voters to his side."

Fuck off.

He's not wrong. The economy keeps humming and Trump being teflon Don, what could have been a huge foreign policy blunder will now be used as a political asset in November because cooler heads in Iran prevailed. I fucking hate it but this whole Iran thing played absolutely perfect for him, he gets to take out a high level general and "Bad guy" and Iran didn't start a war over it.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
If the US actually cares about terrorists they would've done something to Saudi Arabia for the roles they had with Al Qaeda.

Anyway hope this ends with just sanctions.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017

Imagine having a president that makes Facebook Lives to watch other president's speeches...

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018

Fuck off.

06256-BD1-A0-E6-4-F9-B-B0-D5-7-D6-BDD301-B16.png

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
anyone who would deny iran and soleimani's role in the fight against isis doesn't know anything about anything.

Pretty much everyone does. Which is why Saudi arabia has been protected with downplaying their far more active role in terrorism and dictatorial control in the region being protected by USA.

Iran and its people is the enemy who doesnt deserve to even be treated like human with diplomacy, Saudi arabia is the one to be protected at all cost.

xplatformer

Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
He's not wrong. The economy keeps humming and Trump being teflon Don, what could have been a huge foreign policy blunder will now be used as a political asset in November because cooler heads in Iran prevailed. I fucking hate it but this whole Iran thing played absolutely perfect for him, he gets to take out a high level general and "Bad guy" and Iran didn't start a war over it.

Bingo.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Also, as much Iranian government sucks, i am not a fan or how Trump is basically holding the lives of the Iranian civillians as hostages.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I watch 5 minutes of this and he blamed Obama within those 5 minutes. I turned it off after. Bullshit this helped him in the eyes of the public.

BabyMurloc

Oct 29, 2017
Whew, laziness and cowardice won over which is good for the people of earth. Also I'm surprised at how well Iran managed to navigate this, despite last night.

Mar 27, 2019

Not only that, but if we do end up leaving Iraq it lets Trump claim to deliver a campaign process of withdrawing.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
This speech was about his re-election...which (thanks to a poor democratic field) he may actually win. (I'm about to lose $100 from a bet)
Who exactly would make this a good democratic field, then? Are you disappointed with who we ended up with as frontrunners, or did you see it as poor since the race began? (I'm not trying to be snooty, I just don't know what people wanted when they looked at the whole lineup of candidates we had and went "meh.")

stew

Dec 2, 2017
His speech was poor. He's unable to read a prompter, it was sloppy and toneless. He didn't say anything substantial. He didn't appear tough.

How in hell could this appeal to anyone? This is not what his base wants to see, they prefer him when he's unhinged. And sane people will just see a moron.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
9 min ago
President Trump announces new sanctions on Iran
From CNN's Sarah Westwood
President Trump announced his administration will hit Iran with new sanctions in the wake of its attack on two Iraqi military bases housing US troops, as well as in response to its broader aggression in the region.

"The United States will immediately impose additional punishing economic sanctions on the Iranian regime," Trump said.
He noted that his administration is continuing to review other options to respond to the Iranian missile strikes.
"These powerful sanctions will remain until Iran changes its behavior," Trump said. "In recent months alone, Iran has seized ships in international waters, fired an unprovoked strike on Saudi Arabia and shot down two American drones."

The opposite of peace talks.
The US don't do peace, they do bombing and sanctions. Sanctions sucks, but it's better than bombing.
Also, let's see what is in those sanctions, because the US already have some pretty serious sanctions on Iran. The main thing America was complaining about is that other countries aren't participating in those sanctions, or I should say in all those sanctions, since many countries still have some sanctions on Iran that were put there on America's behest. I could imagine the US going harder on countries that trade with Iran, they already did that a bit with China, but I think that was more about China than Iran.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much everyone does. Which is why Saudi arabia has been protected with downplaying their far more active role in terrorism and dictatorial control in the region being protected by USA.

Iran and its people is the enemy who doesnt deserve to even be treated like human with diplomacy, Saudi arabia is the one to be protected at all cost.
That is what makes this all so infuriating. Iranians and Iraqi are being held hostage for crimes that american allies are more responsible for than Iran itself.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
I would be shocked if his approval ratings didn't go up after this. "OMG Trump avoided war!!!!"

They won't. Polling over the past week has shown by a clear majority that people didn't trust Trump on Iran and blamed him for risking war. His approval/disapproval is basically baked in at 41/55 give or take and this won't move the needle either way.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I think some people are too happy that there will not be war that they are ignoring that Trump just made a huge propaganda and threatened the lives of millions of people.
His speech was poor. He's unable to read a prompter, it was sloppy and toneless. He didn't say anything substantial. He didn't appear tough.

How in hell could this appeal to anyone? This is not what his base wants to see, they prefer him when he's unhinged. And sane people will just see a moron.
It wasnt for his fanbase, it was about people that are on the fence and were scared about war. He doesnt need to appease his fanbase, he knows they will defend him no matter what.

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017

I mean we'll see for sure how it impacted the future in the coming days but it was tame for him. I was expecting all hell to break loose afterwords. Only thing that rubbed me the wrong way was when he straight up told everyone what the military is building. That was bone-headed as fuck and probably wasn't agreed upon by the military personnel.

hEist

Oct 26, 2017
hm yeah scripted speech. Let's wait for tweets and public speech in front of his fans, there we will see his real thoughts.
I don't know, but I think Iran will do it again.