• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Well thank fuck there was no announcement of retaliation. Will be curious to see how Iran handles the new sanctions, what NATO even says about the request to intervene in the Middle East, and the response from our allies to the moronic request to pull from the Iran deal.

didn't Iran say they were gonna stop following that a few days ago anyways?

did they walk that back?

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Didn't watch it live but I heard some clips.

He folded like a sheet. Good, we don't need a fucking war with Iran.

Also, wow ... he sounded like absolute shit. I sincerely hope the stress isn't causing him any health issues.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
It's still unbelievable to me that the President of the United States has his political agenda dictated to him every day by a fear-mongering "news" channel.

I see it as him telling them what angle to take and build it up, then he does it. Trump's speech was basically Hannity's hour last night, with the same talking points. Maybe I'm giving him too much credit and it is the other way around.

Oct 25, 2017

He's not just doing this because he's a fucking idiot. (I mean he is, but that's not why)
He is entirely doing this because he's a fucking idiot. Speaking openly about the status of game-changing weapons is destabilizing. What if Russia or China already have the weapons developed? They now know that the US doesn't. That means the balance of power is openly fucked. In theory this motivates them to attack (they won't, though, given the current climate). And what if they're way behind on developing them? They may now speed up and invest more money in advanced weapons. That isn't good either.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
"dont forget guys, iraq wants us to stay there indefinitely and we'd be ceding our geopolitical position to iran and russia and china if we leave"

stahhhp.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
If it was intentional, you say you have hypersonic missiles, not hypersonic missiles under construction.

It seems like a minor thing but it's incredibly reckless to expose your military R&D.

Trump literally believes we have planes that are invisible don't take his words on any weapons we have as meaning Anything.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Yeah, that's a silly take. He's an idiot no doubt, but he's not spilling any secrets here.

The US got that Huawei VP detained in Canada because of those sanctions.
They are still trying to extradite her.
I suspect we'll see ramping up of those efforts. Personally, I'm not a fan.

FILE_ID.DIZ

Banned
Jun 1, 2019
Fort Wayne
"Slurring" and "Adderall" are trending on Twitter...

...so naturally the Sergeis are desperately trying to push "YeAh WeLl PeLoSi SlUrS tOo", making it painfully obvious that they have orders to push that shit.

I do hope Schmuck a L'Orange gets one rail too many soon and... well, I can't say what I wish would follow that.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just glad that we won't be dying in a pointless war (at least not yet anyway).

I take whatever little safety we can get for now.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
He is entirely doing this because he's a fucking idiot. Speaking openly about the status of game-changing weapons is destabilizing. What if Russia or China already have the weapons developed? They now know that the US doesn't. That means the balance of power is openly fucked. In theory this motivates them to attack (they won't, though, given the current climate). And what if they're way behind on developing them? They may now speed up and invest more money in advanced weapons. That isn't good either.

The USA has openly said it doesn't have hypersonic weapons, and that we are behind. Russia is already deploying them, and working on different types. China debuted their, the last march. I mean, this is the next step in weapons.

Although, you're going to use them on a nation that has subs and nukes everywhere? Doesn't change much of that.

Trump is a moron, but Hypersonic weapons are already here, just waiting for confirmation in use.

Oct 25, 2017
The USA has openly said it doesn't have hypersonic weapons, and that we are behind. Russia is already deploying them, and working on different types. China debuted their, the last march. I mean, this is the next step in weapons.

Although, you're going to use them on a nation that has subs and nukes everywhere? Doesn't change much of that.

Trump is a moron, but Hypersonic weapons are already here, just waiting for confirmation in use.
This is a reminder of out of date I am on the current state of our security dilemma

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA

Yeah, Russia wasn't coy about announcing they had a successful test of a hypersonic missile. They've since tried their best to classify their research so the US and China can't use it to play catch up.

Bluelote

Oct 27, 2017
so the whole thing is looking rather pointless, no real damage to the US, just a weird display of force.
and in the minds of people it will just renew Iran as a threat and help Trump justify his actions against Iran...

also there is the whole plane crash thing, if that turns out to be related to this attack, like a mistake by Iran with AA guns or something, oh boy.

J2C

Oct 26, 2017
Severely critical of Trump, but for once "happy". At least relieved. I don't care about any subplots, or attempts to ridicule him on other points. This was about to get very stupid and very dangerous past this point, with another response. Something nobody needs right now

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
I hope that I'm wrong but I really doubt that Iran is done here. Last night was meant to be a public show that they did "something" but you have to believe with their track record that their real revenge will come later and be far more difficult to trace back to them.

LiquidSword

Oct 25, 2017
So is the media just erasing the Iraqis deaths? There were reports that Iraqis were killed in the strike on Solemani and in the Iran strike. Trump claimed in his speech this morning that no Iraqis were killed in the relalitory strike and now I can't find anything about who else was killed in these strikes.

stew

Dec 2, 2017
I hope that I'm wrong but I really doubt that Iran is done here. Last night was meant to be a public show that they did "something" but you have to believe with their track record that their real revenge will come later and be far more difficult to trace back to them.
They'll very likely go back to the proxy war and keep pressuring Iraq to oust the US forces.

Completely Anonymous

alt account
Banned
Jun 7, 2019
So, Trump isn't very popular here - it's fun to read this thread. He did what he had to do, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Also, Iran just delayed any withdrawal of American troops from Iraq with these actions, so unsure what good this actually did them other than some stupid "show of force"

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
So is the media just erasing the Iraqis deaths? There were reports that Iraqis were killed in the strike on Solemani and in the Iran strike. Trump claimed in his speech this morning that no Iraqis were killed in the relalitory strike and now I can't find anything about who else was killed in these strikes.

No one died in last nights strikes.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
There were iraqis (high ranking) killed in the suleimani strike but none in last nights strike

stew

Dec 2, 2017
Iraqi PM has said they were warned and no one was dead.