• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.usgamer.net/articles/capcom-confirms-devil-may-cry-switch-is-a-port-of-ps4-hd-collection

Capcom informed USG via email that the Switch version of Dante's debut hunt is from the 2018 Devil May Cry HD remaster collection, and there currently aren't any plans to release other titles from the collection onto the Switch.

"Capcom is focused on bringing the original Devil May Cry experience for the first time to a Nintendo system," the company states. "No other titles have been announced."

The Devil May Cry HD Collection contains Devil May Cry 1, 2, and 3. It sells for about $19.99 on the PlayStation 4 when it's not on sale. An official site for the Devil May Cry Switch port went up recently. It's worth mentioning the site explicitly says the Devil May Cry for the Switch is download-only and there are "no plans to release a physical edition."

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
yep this is to gather interest to see if its worth porting it over. Yall want DMC on switch this is your chance.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
yep this is to gather interest to see if its worth porting it over. Yall want DMC on switch this is your chance.

Pretty much. I'm near 100% positive this is done because of how there's never been a DMC game on Nintendo systems and unlike RE or Okami they don't have any estimate or idea on how well the series or genre could do. This is pretty much their best bet though I'm surprised they didn't go with DMC4SE since that's standalone. Then again, as a newcomer planning to buy this to get into the series, starting from the 4th game of a 5 game story would be weird. If it's $30 or under, I'm game since I hear this game has a lot of stuff to make it worth playing a lot. I technically have the collection on Twitch prime as well, but I'd rather not have my first impressions of the franchise be with a keyboard. Maybe if I like this one a ton I'll reluctantly give 2/3 an early try on my PC.

This also reminds me that I really should finish Bayonetta since people seem to treat it as a sister game to this franchise, and if this is anywhere near as good then I'm super excited.

Trike

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
obviously they are releasing it to introduce switch players to the new smash bros echo fighter Dante

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't doing it this way more work? Instead of porting over the existing collection, they are ripping out one game and porting it standalone. Just seems inefficient.

It is crazy how quickly Capcom has begun screwing over Switch owners. You would never think that Dragon's Dogma and the upcoming RE ports were just a mere month apart in release, but now we have this and the contempt is as bare-assed as they come.

Oct 27, 2017
If they were only going to port one it should have been 3.
Please don't buy this in hopes of Capcom deciding to port more games. It's a crummy practice to hold consumers hostage like that and people fall into that trap all too often.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They need to artificially manufacture a flop so that they can explain to their shareholders why they have to stop supporting the Nintendo Switch.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Oh, so they want to 'test' the Switch/Nintendo audience, i thought they would be wiser by now 😬

im still gonna buy it

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
I just can't make any sense out of why this isn't the trilogy. We all know the price isn't going to be appropriate, despite being digital only :-/

Oct 25, 2017
We've got to hear about price, but I can't bring myself to be miffed about receiving DMC1 when it is the last remaining holdout among Kamiya-directed games to be absent from Nintendo systems.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Their best bet was to sell the trilogy at the same price they did the other platforms.

You'd think but after how badly they got burned on Wii U and Wii with anything not E for everyone and that wasn't a familiar IP (Dead Rising did horribly on the Wii for one big example) I don't blame them for wanting to be the absolute, absolute stingiest with a totally foreign IP on the system. I don't know if the three HD versions were developed one after the other or all at once, but if it's the former then they could very well be doing the trilogy and are just releasing them all when they're done.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You'd think but after how badly they got burned on Wii U and Wii with anything not E for everyone and that wasn't a familiar IP (Dead Rising did horribly on the Wii for one big example) I don't blame them for wanting to be the absolute, absolute stingiest with a totally foreign IP on the system. I don't know if the three HD versions were developed one after the other or all at once, but if it's the former then they could very well be doing the trilogy and are just releasing them all when they're done.
then they're better off not doing anything at all. if their response is to set themselves up for failure*, then why do anything at all

*failure might be a little harsh, but depending on price and the fact that people can get 2 games and a turd for nearly the same price is going to deter folks

Some fans prefer 1 over 3, if you are new to the series i guess 1 is a good place to start and play the 'roots' even if 3 is a prequel
the games are stand alone. story isn't so interwoven that they need to be played sequentially. they should put their best foot forward rather than this

Champion

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tampa, FL
Dont worry guys, that new MH game for Switch will be announced any day now...
jjnutgsjbpyy.gif

Drizzy Finks

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I love Capcom, but this, and the pricing for the RE games on Switch, are absolutely absurd. No thanks.

OP
OP
SinCityAssassin
Oct 25, 2017
You'd think after 3 years of their shit still selling well on the fucking platform they would be confident enough in their own fucking product and marketing to not piece meal a budget HD rerelease and expect people to fucking take it.

But no because they got burned on a Some small games and a pared-back Dead Rising almost a decade ago and suddenly every goddamn release is them testing the waters for 3 years. Yeah this is logical. This is business acumen. You truly opened my eyes.

Last edited: