• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Garou

Oct 25, 2017
yep this is to gather interest to see if its worth porting it over. Yall want DMC on switch this is your chance.

This line of thinking has to stop.
The developers have a chance to get some of our money, if they fail to provide what their customers want, it is their loss, not ours. This way of thinking that developers have all the power and we are at their mercy is absolutely wrong.

Mr_Blue_Sky

Oct 25, 2017
What are the chances of, if this somehow against all odds beats sales expectations, Capcom then sending a solo release of DMC2 out to die on the switch Eshop lol.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, fuck you Capcom.

Had some good will going with RE2make and DMC5 but then turn around and dole out garbage like this.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
So when nobody buys DMC2 will that kill the franchise on Nintendo systems forever, or...?

Rran

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Capcom's support for Switch has been surprisingly lackluster

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Them selling just the first game is garbage, but its nothing compared to the fact that this will be $20 or more. I would be surprised if it was the 7'ish its suppose to be.

DVCY201

Oct 25, 2017
This test is designed to fail anyways because no one is gonna buy DMC2, lol. We'll never get 3!

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
How many tests does the switch need. Okami came out. Monster hunter generations. The switch is clearly a healthy platform crapcom

Last edited:

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom has been killing it in every way

EXCEPT when it comes to Switch. What's their deal?

Asuka3+1

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 6, 2019
What the hell is going with Capcom on this platform?
its not a power house so no easy cheap porting, but turned out to be big enough that you can not just ignore it, so they are trying to maximize profit on expensive ports of older games.

worst case, a port flops, they just gonna pull the "nintendo audiences is not for us" and stop making more ports.

At this point this is insulting more than anything.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I'd bet good money Mega Man 11 sold the best on Switch of all the platforms. Not sure what Capcom's problem is.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
User Warned: “Lazy Dev” Rhetoric
Like I suspected. Capcom was just too lazy to port the other two games.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd bet good money Mega Man 11 sold the best on Switch of all the platforms. Not sure what Capcom's problem is.
They barely talk about that game's results in general. They want to move completely to AAA dev and their AA stuff has no space in such a small company trying to put out so many big games.

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom makes my brain hurt so bad that I need a doctor. Doesn't help that I can't even comprehend how this hostage tactic they keep going for is supposed to be efficient.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
Why wouldn't they put DMC3. Its a much better starting point. And is way closer to what the franchise has become now.

Does Capcom actually believe that DMC1 is more popular among the current gaming audience , because the original sold more and it received better critical reception ?

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Between this and the overpriced Resident Evil titles releasing next week; I'm convinced Capcom hates the Switch as a platform.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Why wouldn't they put DMC3. Its a much better starting point. And is way closer to what the franchise has become now.

Does Capcom actually believe that DMC1 is more popular among the current gaming audience , because the original sold more and it received better critical reception ?
They are simply seeimg how far they can get away with, either so they can keep making ports as cheap as they can or find an excuse to stop supporting the switch. Capcom themselves said how they want to focus conpletely on big AAA games despite being smaller then Namco and square enix and the switch's very existence throws a wench into that plan

Asuka3+1

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 6, 2019
At some point you have to start thinking if there is background stuff going on (deals, bad blood, etc).

Tho, to be fair, I think we all got chummy on capcom cause of MH on 3DS, but Capcom overall track with Nintendo is not exactly the BFF many people think. Gamecube had the Capcom 5, Wii was just some ports here and there, and overall Switch support is a retry of that.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tho, to be fair, I think we all got chummy on capcom cause of MH on 3DS, but Capcom overall track with Nintendo is not exactly the BFF many people think. Gamecube had the Capcom 5, Wii was just some ports here and there, and overall Switch support is a retry of that.
I mean, brand new Monster Hunter and Ace Attorney games are already great enough for most people to consider their support good. Also launched a new RE game in the platform, had a decent port for the latest Street Fighter, a new Lost Planet spin-off, some new niche IPs for Japan. Can't be compared to their Switch support that is pretty bad.

D.Lo

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
What are the chances of, if this somehow against all odds beats sales expectations, Capcom then sending a solo release of DMC2 out to die on the switch Eshop lol.
DMC1 sells 5 million copies for $30
Capcom: Hmm time for the next test. DMC2 for $40!
DMC2 sells 2 million for $40
Capcom: Looks like interest is waning for Capcom games on Switch, cancel everything.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
At some point you have to start thinking if there is background stuff going on (deals, bad blood, etc).

Cmon thats not true at all.

3DS got

SSFIV
Brand new RE
MH
Ghost Trick
Ace Attorney

The Switch has received the worst support from Capcom.

They are simply seeimg how far they can get away with, either so they can keep making ports as cheap as they can or find an excuse to stop supporting the switch. Capcom themselves said how they want to focus conpletely on big AAA games despite being smaller then Namco and square enix and the switch's very existence throws a wench into that plan

This makes sense. I suppose if they are fully focused only on AAA , there isn't much room for Switch outside of the occasional titles like Megaman 11.

DVCY201

Oct 25, 2017
Man, reminds me of the Wii when RE4 sold really well, only for them to follow up with two light gun shooters...

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much. I'm near 100% positive this is done because of how there's never been a DMC game on Nintendo systems and unlike RE or Okami they don't have any estimate or idea on how well the series or genre could do. This is pretty much their best bet though I'm surprised they didn't go with DMC4SE since that's standalone. Then again, as a newcomer planning to buy this to get into the series, starting from the 4th game of a 5 game story would be weird. If it's $30 or under, I'm game since I hear this game has a lot of stuff to make it worth playing a lot. I technically have the collection on Twitch prime as well, but I'd rather not have my first impressions of the franchise be with a keyboard. Maybe if I like this one a ton I'll reluctantly give 2/3 an early try on my PC.

This also reminds me that I really should finish Bayonetta since people seem to treat it as a sister game to this franchise, and if this is anywhere near as good then I'm super excited.
You'd think but after how badly they got burned on Wii U and Wii with anything not E for everyone and that wasn't a familiar IP (Dead Rising did horribly on the Wii for one big example) I don't blame them for wanting to be the absolute, absolute stingiest with a totally foreign IP on the system. I don't know if the three HD versions were developed one after the other or all at once, but if it's the former then they could very well be doing the trilogy and are just releasing them all when they're done.
The reality is, if there's a market, people will buy. If there is not, they won't. Capcom has people to do market research and they should use them. They don't need to take baby steps on PS2 games. If they're going to do this piecemeal and give everyone a worse deal for it, we're likely not going to see how well DMC could perform at its best.

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The reality is, if there's a market, people will buy. If there is not, they won't. Capcom has people to do market research and they should use them. They don't need to take baby steps on PS2 games. If they're going to do this piecemeal and give everyone a worse deal for it, we're likely not going to see how well DMC could perform at its best.
who do they use for market research, Mr. Magoo!?