• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Man, reminds me of the Wii when RE4 sold really well, only for them to follow up with two light gun shooters...
I loved Dark side Chronicles, high quality rail shooter with a fantastic soundtrack that couldn't be made anywhere else.was a fanservice
letter to the series quite underrated ❤

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trilogy collection would have been a big jumping on for many. 3 games for $30 like it was on PS4. Or $30 for 2 games if some prefer, lol. If they end up doing this one at a time, I don't see many buying DMC2 standalone. Which makes me question if they'd simply just stop and never release DMC3 for DMC2's poor sales.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom has been killing it in every way

EXCEPT when it comes to Switch. What's their deal?
Capcom is banking on high end games. They don't care about lower end stuff. With the switch doing so well, they just gotta support it, but are only doing the bare minimum. Maybe even less than that because they couldn't even bother to start with the most popular of the PS2 games

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
If Capcom was doing this to "gauge interest" since it's never been on a Nintendo platform before, there's no reason they couldn't port the same trilogy that PS4/XB1 got. Hell, even go ahead and charge and extra $10 for it, citing "game cart costs" even though it's download only. Whatever. Nintendo fans expect no better from Capcom.

This is pure trolly bullshit that seems manufactured to fail.

Deleted member 274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yep this is to gather interest to see if its worth porting it over. Yall want DMC on switch this is your chance.
Enough with the port begging test trash.

If these companies want people's hard earned money then they gotta offer something people want.

Businesses' work is supposed to be convincing you to give them your money, not the other way around.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Welp, yeah this is shitty and they should've brought the whole thing for $40. It'd definitely sell imo, instead this must be hey another Switch interest test like plenty of publishers have attempted before.
And now Monster Hunter World 2 on Switch is cancelled.
We canceling future hypothetical portbegs now? Damn! You guys keep outdoing yourselves!

Asuka3+1

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 6, 2019
I mean, brand new Monster Hunter and Ace Attorney games are already great enough for most people to consider their support good. Also launched a new RE game in the platform, had a decent port for the latest Street Fighter, a new Lost Planet spin-off, some new niche IPs for Japan. Can't be compared to their Switch support that is pretty bad.
Cmon thats not true at all.

3DS got

SSFIV
Brand new RE
MH
Ghost Trick
Ace Attorney

The Switch has received the worst support from Capcom.

This makes sense. I suppose if they are fully focused only on AAA , there isn't much room for Switch outside of the occasional titles like Megaman 11.
im not saying 3DS support was bad, on contrary, im saying that cause it was soo great, people co-relate it nintendo and Capcom having had an always great relationship. which is not exactly right, specially if you look into the console scene.

Capcom supported 3DS heavily (my views) not cause they were chummy but cause it was their best bet at hte moment, 3DS was popular as hell, it was the get to go device in Japan. Capcom previous attempts for non handhelds MH crashed. etc etc etc.

Jump forwards to 1-2 years ago, now that capcom got back their mojo, streamlined their dev for AAA and manage to get great results in Consoles and PC, they no longer have any need to stick with Nintendo.
and hey, as a company they are on their whole right to chose the most profitable path. but at least have the decency, as many other have done before (even before Switch), that if you dont want to support a platform, just dont do it, better that than this whole throwing scraps

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
its not a power house so no easy cheap porting, but turned out to be big enough that you can not just ignore it, so they are trying to maximize profit on expensive ports of older games
But they aren't even posting their old releases in a way that makes much sense.

Like wtf is this DMC debacle? You're gonna sell me DMC1, without the other two games in the pipeline, and you confirm that it is literally ripped from the collection, not some new remaster to justify this deal even a little bit.

Well it better be no more expensive than ten dollars, because a whole collection costs 30.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I would be up for a rail shooter Devil May Cry with full 3d environments , re mastered graphics and music, retelling of dmc 12and 3 with new chapter after dmc 4 but before 5 were Dante meets zombie vergil and at the end he decides to split up

Apr 21, 2018
This is really quite disappointing and foolish because I would have happily bought DMC1-3 on day 1. With overpriced and fragmented releases (DMC2 and DMC3 will come eventually) I'll probably buy none of them.

Deleted member 19702

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Trilogy collection would have been a big jumping on for many. 3 games for $30 like it was on PS4. Or $30 for 2 games if some prefer, lol. If they end up doing this one at a time, I don't see many buying DMC2 standalone. Which makes me question if they'd simply just stop and never release DMC3 for DMC2's poor sales.

Capcom is trying to find an excuse to pull of their Switch support, this would be a great one to justify it (in DMC's case).

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
But.....but....why? I could definitely do without 2 but at least put 3 in there. I think they're going to feel out how 1 is received on switch and then release 3 and say 2 is released under their breath or something. I guess the issue is possibly space related i guess? Such a weird decision though.

Amauri14

Oct 27, 2017
Danbury, CT, USA
But why Capcom? Why? Porting just the first one will definitely make that port price more expensive than the whole collection, which of course will definitely affect sells.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Clearly, they just wanted to get a foot in the door so Dante can be in Smash
/s?

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Capcom's support of the Switch is incredibly half assed. It almost seems like they're doing it entirely to avoid the "Why aren't you supporting the Switch?" questions at shareholder meetings.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
giphy.gif

Asuka3+1

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 6, 2019
"our money makers can't run on it"
investors are dumb, generally, but that same dumb will led to "but many of other companies have manage to put their games on switch too". so Capcom is possible looking for a hard way out
"we want to support, but as shown by the failure sales of DMC 1 Port, we just dont believe they are worthy the resources"

Shantae

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Feb 15, 2019
Fuck Capcom's support on the Switch, I hate it so much. Even after their stupid tests have been done and succeeded, we haven't gotten any better support. Just more overpriced old ports. Even RE4 is being charged $10 more then it was on other platforms, and they can't even use the cart cost excuse because they made it digital only.

D.Lo

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
So if they're porting just DMC1 for $30 despite the HD trilogy having already been released on PS3/360/XB1/PS4/PC and currently selling for $20 not on sale, to deliberately sabotage sales on Switch to shut up shareholders who keep screaming 'get your stuff on Switch'...

Won't the shareholders just see through that?

goldenpp73

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Even if it sells they will release 2, no one will buy it, and determine there isn't interest for 3, 4 or DMC.

Shantae

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Feb 15, 2019
As a Switch game collector, they might have gotten a sale from me even if it was a shitty overpriced release. Since it's digital only though, they pretty much guarantee that I have zero interest in purchasing it.

These kind of decisions really do baffle me. It's like they purposely want to fuck themselves over.

Onilink

Oct 30, 2017
This line of thinking has to stop.
The developers have a chance to get some of our money, if they fail to provide what their customers want, it is their loss, not ours. This way of thinking that developers have all the power and we are at their mercy is absolutely wrong.
That was a toxic culture from Wii era. Put all the blame on the customer, not on the developer that can't read the market

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Man, reminds me of the Wii when RE4 sold really well, only for them to follow up with two light gun shooters...

To be fair, the two light gun games were good and original. That and it was understandable why RE5 didn't come to the Wii since there was a massive power gap between the Wii and the 360/PS3.

This, however, is just an insult and it's something EA would pull. Like, not even give us the collection. Sheesh...

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Capcom is trying to find an excuse to pull of their Switch support, this would be a great one to justify it (in DMC's case).

Sad thing, it's a lose-lose for Switch owner.

Don't buy, Capcom used this as a bullet point to the old 'Nintendo fans don't buy third-party'.

Buy, continue to get half-ass ports for a non-discount price.

Which choice do you like least.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
sales data is out there, people are buying 3rd party games, just not capcom's half assef overpriced efforts.

Never stopped this line before. Third-Parties were selling on the Wii too, yet people still say that the Wii audience didn't support third-parties. According to the myth, everyone just bought Wii Sports and some hardcore Nintendo games.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Capcom still pulling their same tricks.

So bizarre.

It isn't bizarre at all.

Switch owners continue to buy their half-ass effects and they get max profiles.

Switch owners don't buy, they can used that as an excuse not to bother to port anything since 'Nintendo fans don't buy third-party'.