• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm confident that the price will reflect this. /s

Pretty pathetic of Capcom but it's hard to be surprised by now.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I think $30 is to much for this. It'll stop me from buying it day 1.

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
why would capcom be stingy with the switch, of all things? even the stingiest developers are mostly all in on this thing

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Funnily enough, Switch owners actually buy their ports. I mean, they have a Street Fighter 2 game with 500K+ sales on this system. lol

Can confirm. I own 31 Switch games, 21 of those are ports (not simultaneous third party releases), 13 of those I already own on other systems.

DMC1 by itself is a game I don't feel strongly enough to double dip for though.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
Okay, why are people using wrong facts about Capcom support on Nintendo systems and use them to defend the publisher? Somebody argued Dead Rising Wii didn't sell, and that's why they are so stingy with new releases? Come one. Which is factually wrong; Dead Rising Wii didn't sell badly, but the sales weren't great either. A grey area they called it. If Dead Rising Wii was an issues, they would have never bothered with Onimusha HD and Dragon's Dogma on the system.

Apparently the Wii U soured them on Nintendo systems for a while, but man, I just don't get this attitude on DMC. These bizarre releases only happen on Nintendo platforms. I really don't get it. DMC will probably run fine that's not the issue, but its just the weirdness surrounding it. Apparantly Switch software is selling well (Revelations Collection for example outsold the PS4/Xbox One releases), there are so many different releases already available with a good variety, and still they find a way to single out the Switch. I just don't get it.

And yes I own a PS4, I already own DMC collection, but I also own a Switch and its just fascinating to see these weird decisions regarding the system.

iamaustrian

Nov 27, 2017
I want to put it delicately: Capcom can burn in the very depths of hell for all eternity.

I'm so fucking sick of how they treat switch gamers.
Every non-nintendo console under sun recieved the collection. What do we get?
one game and I bet it will be 30$

edit:
Apparantly Switch software is selling well

the completely overpriced SF2 game sold over half a million. in fact every capcom game on switch did very well so far, yet we still are treated with test shit

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
I love the fact that we still know nothing about the price.
It will probably be $20. Maybe even 25.

I'm not interested if it's over 10, and it obviosusly won't be.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
yep this is to gather interest to see if its worth porting it over. Yall want DMC on switch this is your chance.

I'm still here waiting for my new Darkstalkers, 6 years after the PS3 collection.
Capcom say this about everything that they either release an old version of on a newer hardware, or when they bring back a less popular legacy game.

ohlawd

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Phantagrande
Capcom being stupid as fuck ughhhhh I can't name a better duo

the only way they can redeem themselves here is gutting the price of DMC1 Switch. I'm talking $5-10. 1 in the year 2019 is unplayable already. probably would have a better reaction if the one DMC game Capcom wants to "test" that's not 5 were 3 or 4. at least those two are playable in this day and age

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
What really is the issue, Capcom put in more love to another collection they released on the Switch - RERE was areal good collection and they do this shit... stripping out a game of a collection.

USF2 sold 500k in 3 months
RERE collection sold 250k in 2 months
Monster Hunter Generations/XX sold 1.2M in 1,5 years

I'm not sure we have gotten specific numbers for the other releases but the Mega Man games seems to have sold well so did the SF collection and Okami is constantly charting high as well. Have Capcom possibly felt burnt on any releases so far? I cant imagine they have.

Deleted member 39144

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
I think the issue now is if they piecemeal their releases going forward, they can say they've supported the Switch throughout its life. So expect DMC2 next year along with another Ace Attorney collection and DMC3 and Resi 5 in 2021. That way they can claim continuous support with minimal effort.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is just sad and pathetic. And I thought the RE situation was farcical enough. Glad I'm not a DMC fan in this instance really, but being a fan of Capcom in general is rough.

D.Lo

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
This is good or notable softare support to you? Interesting to say the least.

Compared to Ports of last gen games that the switch gets ? Yes it is.

Theres prolly many titles am missing too. I don't think anyone here think Capcoms 3DS support was bad. Which 3rd party dev do you feel made more games ?

And even on previous platforms GBA and NDS got tons of new Megaman games

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
excuse.jpg

Capcom why, just release the whole collection. It probably would've been less work.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Eh ... look. I've supported Capcom so far that i even imported the physical editions of Okami and Onimusha for Switch from Japan, but this and the RE digital only pricing just rub me the wrong way.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
What really is the issue, Capcom put in more love to another collection they released on the Switch - RERE was areal good collection and they do this shit... stripping out a game of a collection.

USF2 sold 500k in 3 months
RERE collection sold 250k in 2 months
Monster Hunter Generations/XX sold 1.2M in 1,5 years

I'm not sure we have gotten specific numbers for the other releases but the Mega Man games seems to have sold well so did the SF collection and Okami is constantly charting high as well. Have Capcom possibly felt burnt on any releases so far? I cant imagine they have.

The only idea I have is that capcom is being run thin atm due to all the other projects in the pipeline. But even that doesn't make much sense when you consider stuff like Onimusha HD was done by another studio.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
The retail package is more like a bundle than a collection. You get a game physical, and a bundled in download code.

It was fully retail in japan, but no matter it's still a collection of games. Not sure what's with the mindset retail=collection, digital=bundle. But whatever. It's semantics.

The only idea I have is that capcom is being run thin atm due to all the other projects in the pipeline. But even that doesn't make much sense when you consider stuff like Onimusha HD was done by another studio.

Probably something like that, but still - why on earth strip a single game out of a collection. It's just silly.

D.Lo

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
It was fully retail in japan, but no matter it's still a collection of games. Not sure what's with the mindset retail=collection, digital=bundle. But whatever. It's semantics..
No, it was not.

There was a single release of Bio Rev 1, and a 'collection' release which had Bio 1 on the cart and a download card for Rev 2.

Allyougame

Oct 25, 2017

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
I think they just want to take it slow to not run out of things to port to the Switch too quickly. This is literally their only course of action for the console so they have to be able to do this for its entire life cycle.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I miss the early 3DS days of Capcom when they released two exclusive (at the time) Resident Evil games for it.
This whole DMC situation is just shocking.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think they just want to take it slow to not run out of things to port to the Switch too quickly. This is literally their only course of action for the console so they have to be able to do this for its entire life cycle.

It's weird then if that's the case that 3 RE games are releasing at the same time next week.

I think they just simply don't care either way.

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm fine if Capcom stops supporting Switch entirely at this point. Outside of a possible RE4 purchase during a deep sale, I'm done supporting them.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
This is just sad and pathetic. And I thought the RE situation was farcical enough. Glad I'm not a DMC fan in this instance really, but being a fan of Capcom in general is rough.
I mean, I'm only interested in one Capcom IP myself, but their overall behaviour towards the platform is just ridiculous.

Ganondolf

Jan 5, 2018
They will test the water with DMC1 and if it sells well bring the others over. They will also make a lot more money this way (assuming we are getting RE switch port pricing).

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Gotta love Capcom. This will probably be overpriced, then it won't sell so they won't port the others.

OR, it will sell, they'll port dmc2, then that won't sell, and they won't port the others. Lol, Capcom tests.