• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think this is a test. This is simply Capcom knowing that they can milk the shit out of Nintendo customers, because they'll pay up. Not just Capcom, but everyone else, including Nintendo who routinely sells older games at a premium.
Capcom's just falling in line with the other big publishers. If Deep Silver can release Saints Row The Third for $40, then Devil May Cry should easily be $20.

D.Lo

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
I don't think this is a test. This is simply Capcom knowing that they can milk the shit out of Nintendo customers, because they'll pay up. Not just Capcom, but everyone else, including Nintendo who routinely sells older games at a premium.
The issue with that comparison is Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze isn't in a collection with A DKCR HD Remaster for $20 on PS3/360/PS4/XB1/PC

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
The issue with that comparison is Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze isn't in a collection with A DKCR HD Remaster for $20 on PS3/360/PS4/XB1/PC

It's all part of the same problem. Nintendo customers are taken advantage of by paying a premium for older games, be it first or third party.

Games are always cheaper on the other platforms.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Capcom's just falling in line with the other big publishers. If Deep Silver can release Saints Row The Third for $40, then Devil May Cry should easily be $20.

Well we're not in 2017 or even 2018 anymore and it is telling. I'm not seeing any of Capcom' RE games in the eShop charts or even Saints Row. Meanwhile Cuphead for example is doing splendidly, because Studio MDHR are cool.

If RE Remake and RE4 are any indication thus far I think Capcom are in for a rude awakening. Thankfully.

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
Isn't this the kind of thing they should have been doing one year ago? No need to test the waters anymore. The thing is selling, it's just that they, for the most part, only released cloud ports and Street Fighter compilations so far.

Deleted member 38706

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 19, 2018
Dont worry guys, that new MH game for Switch will be announced any day now...
jjnutgsjbpyy.gif

Capcom announces MH Freedom port to Switch

Capcom: "Ever since our move to PS4/XB1/PC, we do not know if there is still a MH audience on Nintendo platforms. While MHGU sold robustly, it was only a spin-off title. Therefore, we will release a port of a mainline MH title (Freedom) on Switch to gauge interest in the series. If this does well, we might port World to Switch 5."

OR

Capcom announces new MH mobile game.

It's either one of these two.

D.Lo

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
It's all part of the same problem. Nintendo customers are taken advantage of by paying a premium for older games, be it first or third party.

Games are always cheaper on the other platforms.
It really isn't. This isn't a late port of a current gen game like NSMBU or Tropical Freeze.

It's 1/3 of a last gen remaster, of a two gens ago PS2 game.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Well we're not in 2017 or even 2018 anymore and it is telling. I'm not seeing any of Capcom' RE games in the eShop charts or even Saints Row. Meanwhile Cuphead for example is doing splendidly, because Studio MDHR are cool.

If RE Remake and RE4 are any indication thus far I think Capcom are in for a rude awakening. Thankfully.

That's good, the indies seem fine. It's mainly the big publishers that are pulling this.

The Resident Evil Origins Collection is ridiculous at $60, and I don't doubt for a second that RE4 is going to be around $40. People are free to spend their money on what they want, but giving in to this sort of price gouging is only going to keep it going.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
It really isn't. This isn't a late port of a current gen game like NSMBU or Tropical Freeze.

It's 1/3 of a last gen remaster, of a two gens ago PS2 game.

I paid more money for Super Mario Bros on Switch, than I did for my Wii back in 2006. And that's a game from 1985, so we're not absolving Nintendo of something they're just as guilty of.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yea this is such a weird decision, I'd double dip on the collection but DMC1 alone has to be mad cheap for me to consider buying.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That's good, the indies seem fine. It's mainly the big publishers that are pulling this.

The Resident Evil Origins Collection is ridiculous at $60, and I don't doubt for a second that RE4 is going to be around $40. People are free to spend their money on what they want, but giving in to this sort of price gouging is only going to keep it going.

You're completely missing my point here, I'm saying that early indications are that this seems to not be working anymore. RE Remake and RE4 are 2 of Capcom's best games ever, and they're not even in the top 30 a week before launch (Yes it does count preorders). People have other games that they're spending the money on instead.

So yeah people are not "giving in" anymore, at least not to Capcom. They're busy playing Cuphead instead.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Capcom is back! (to its Wii era bullsh*t)
Honestly I'm not even surprised, it even looks like it's bothering Capcom that their test games are succesful at this point.

D.Lo

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
I paid more money for Super Mario Bros on Switch, than I did for my Wii back in 2006. And that's a game from 1985, so we're not absolving Nintendo of something they're just as guilty of.
I thought some nonsense like this would be a reply. No, you're not doing this.

Super Mario Bros is not available for sale on Switch. A never before released on console arcade game is. And it's also a freebie as part of an online subscription for zero dollars.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This is so funny to me, they don't even want to try to get some people into the DMC series on a Nintendo platform. We have Bayonetta 1 & 2, which are superior in every way so why even bother?

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
You're completely missing my point here, I'm saying that early indications are that this seems to not be working anymore. RE Remake and RE4 are 2 of Capcom's best games ever, and they're not even in the top 30 a week before launch (Yes it does count preorders). People have other games that they're spending the money on instead.

So yeah people are not "giving in" anymore, at least not to Capcom. They're busy playing Cuphead instead.

No, I got your point. I should've worded my response differently. It's a good thing people aren't giving in.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
This is probably Capcom's way of just charging separately for the titles. Vote with your wallet, people. Don't buy this crap.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
I thought some nonsense like this would be a reply. No, you're not doing this.

Super Mario Bros is not available for sale on Switch. A never before released on console arcade game is. And it's also a freebie as part of an online subscription for zero dollars.

You're doing a lot of spinning, like calling NSMBU a "late port of a current gen game". It's not.

Now SMB is excused because it's the never released arcade port lol

Let's just agree to disagree.

Deleted member 5491

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom is actling like Switch users are completely seperated from the rest of the gaming world.
Yeah sure, why not pay for an overpriced product that is coming out years delayed when you get 3 times the content for less?

Fuck off Capcpom

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Classic Cacpcom.
Funny they didn't want to confirm a price either, good article from USGamer.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
This is easily going to be $25-30 and people will be lining up to pay it and Capcom will continue to be shitty

JackLinks

Banned
Mar 21, 2019
Capcom are going to gouge the fuck out of switch owners

Dont buy any of their games. It will make no difference to their switch support

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
i don't think so. this one, unlike RE4/remake/okami isn't that well regarded.
It's still devil may cry. Look at the reaction on forums and social networks, it'll sell just because it's the first time it's on a nintendo platform.
It'll probably sell at least 500k before the end of the year.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not a guinea pig and I detest they're holding game hostages to not even keeping their end of the bergain, why should I pay the ransom for nothing?
yeah fuck that i'm not gonna buy meh overpriced ports to get to the good stuff.

It's still devil may cry. Look at the reaction on forums and social networks, it'll sell just because it's the first time it's on a nintendo platform.
It'll probably sell at least 500k before the end of the year.
we'll see but i seriously doubt that. maybe 100k.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Capcom blew it. They had their chances with the WII U and the biggest release on that system was MH3U.

While the 3DS got 2 brand new Resident Evil game and SSF4 3DS.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They had their chances with the WII U and the biggest release on that system was MH3U.
well let's be honest even nintendo games massively underperformed on the wii u so i don't think capcom would have gotten any success there. but for any third party, it's super dumb to look at wii u to see how their games will perform on switch. the system has already way outperformed wii u, and people are buying lots of games for it.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
well let's be honest even nintendo games massively underperformed on the wii u so i don't think capcom would have gotten any success there. but for any third party, it's super dumb to look at wii u to see how their games will perform on switch. the system has already way outperformed wii u, and people are buying lots of games for it.

MH3U did well according to Capcom.

But then you have the Vita situation where it received more ports from Capcom including a sequel to Revelations

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
Which was the last Capcom game for Nintendo Switch that isn't a port? Megaman 11?

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
It's just a test to see if there's an audience for this type of game on the system that's now home to Bayonetta.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
MH3U did well according to Capcom.

But then you have the Vita situation where it received more ports from Capcom including a sequel to Revelations
RER2 Vita was a Sony produced and published game, it's technically 1st party. Capcom themselves only did 2 late fighter ports and MHF on the platform, they actually put out more Wii U games.