• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe Nintendo had some kind of party years ago and no one from Capcom was invited.

chusetto

Oct 31, 2017
Krista
I'm seriously tired of this Capcom BS with Nintendo... It's like the PS4 would have only received the first Phoenix Wright in spite of the entire trilogy -.-

Boya

Jan 1, 2018
Honestly not that bothered by this since it's the only one in the trilogy I'd be intersted in double dipping on anyway (as long as the price is resonable).

Now the Switch just need a Viewtiful Joe and Wonderful 101 port to compliment Okami and Bayonetta

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
This is idiotic. Who the heck runs this part of Capcom's business? They consistently make dumb choices here.

Oct 27, 2017
And yet some people here still claim Capcom is among the best Japanese 3rd parties on the Switch. I don't know what happened between the two companies, but this shit is ridiculous

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
yep, and more than 2 years after the system's launch it remains their only non-port game for the system.
In fairness 90% of Capcom's releases now are catalog titles. Their only non-ports at all in the span from Switch launch to now were DGS2, MHXX, MVCI, MHW, MM11, RE2 and DMC5. And Black Command if we include mobile.

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, i'm not against port, if they are done correctly. Capcom have such an amazing legacy for retro games that i'm always up for buying anything they publish. Back in the PS3/360 generation we got ports of a lot of fighting games (some with greatly improvements like SFIII, some others don't, like MvC Origins). This time Capcom has been extremely lazy, not giving a plus benefit for their ports on Switch, aside from the portability that the console itself provides. And that sucks. If they had released DMC HD Collection for $30 i'm sure nobody would had say anything, but this is just bad

Deleted member 38706

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 19, 2018
I'm seriously tired of this Capcom BS with Nintendo... It's like the PS4 would have only received the first Phoenix Wright in spite of the entire trilogy -.-

Honestly, they should have done that. Why? Just so we can shut up the people calling Switch owners "entitled" for calling Capcom out on this bullshit. If this happens on another platform, you can bet there will be a huge meltdown. If people behaved hypocritically, they won't have any grounds to stand on for labeling Switch owners. If Capcom is going to do this, then I hope they do it on all platforms in the future. Let's see what those Capcom defenders will say when it affects their platform of choice.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Honestly, they should have done that. Why? Just so we can shut up the people calling Switch owners "entitled" for calling Capcom out on this bullshit. If this happens on another platform, you can bet there will be a huge meltdown. If people behaved hypocritically, they won't have any grounds to stand on for labeling Switch owners. If Capcom is going to do this, then I hope they do it on all platforms in the future. Let's see what those Capcom defenders will say when it affects their platform of choice.
The entire concept of console warring has always been hypocritical. Or hypercritical, depending on which direction you're looking.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
The issue imo is more just Capcom shitting the bed with pricing on Switch just recently. The RE1/0/4 ports should be $20 each (like RER1-2 were back in 2017) and DMC1 $10 (or the HD Trilogy for $30). I also think Onimusha 1 for $20 was too steep, it should've been either $10 or else $30 for 1-3, but at least that was consistent across other platforms. The price hikes on retro stuff really aren't encouraging.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
This time Capcom has been extremely lazy, not giving a plus benefit for their ports on Switch, aside from the portability that the console itself provides.
I agree on DMC1, but if you are referring to all Switch ports being lazy, that is inexact, at the very least for Revelations 1 and 2 (which got gyro aiming for sure and I think some other things) and Okami (celestial brush).

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
They can keep it, fuck this.

Plenty of other games on Switch to play, I'm not hurting for content.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol Astral Chain and Bayo 3 coming to Switch. They dont need another test. Dont nobody care about that single old ass game.

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
This has been common practice many game companies are doing now: releasing old ass games on Switch with absurd price tag. Yesterday I just browsed the recent release on Switch and saw Deponia (not the collection, just 1 game), an adventure game released years ago, being sold at $40. This game is $20 on PSN and has been repeatedly on sales for less than $10.

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Osaka
They didnt say they had no plans. Just that they havent announced it.

giphy.gif

Switch owners will be content with this once Dante is announced for Smash at E3.

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
I agree on DMC1, but if you are referring to all Switch ports being lazy, that is inexact, at the very least for Revelations 1 and 2 (which got gyro aiming for sure and I think some other things) and Okami (celestial brush).
Just in this case, yeah, sorry. I don't remember what else SF II HD Remix got for the Switch ver., aside from Evil Ryu and Violent Ken as playables (more or less palette swaps but fasters)

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
I love DMC1 to death, like it's one of my favorite games of all time.

But this decision is absolutely bizzare. Why wouldn't you just port the whole HD Collection? I'm legit bewildered about this.

Horo

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
If this is to test the waters, then why not port DMC3 instead considering (in my mind at-least) its a much better game?

Oct 26, 2017
This isn't the Wii U where there was fuck all coming to the system. The 2nd half of the year is packed and the system is getting action games like Astral Chain to go along with Bayonetta 1 and 2. We don't need a dated weak entry of a great action series to have something to play or tide me over till the next big release

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Watch this sell more than the collection. They will release 2 and 3 afterwards and build up to a 2 year late port of V.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
This isn't the Wii U where there was fuck all coming to the system. The 2nd half of the year is packed and the system is getting action games like Astral Chain to go along with Bayonetta 1 and 2. We don't need a dated weak entry of a great action series to have something to play or tide me over till the next big release
I get being frustrated that DMC3 isn't coming to Switch but there's no need to go ahead and call DMC1 a weak entry when it's still fucking great.

Dre3001

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think any of these games are "tests" for the Switch. I think they are instead just Capcom wanting to make the most money with the least amount of effort.

Didn't Street fighter 2 and Monster Hunter sell well on the Switch? Where are the new games for those franchises?

I think this is Capcom's release strategy of cheap ports that make a lot of money instead of some "test" for something larger to come.

Oct 26, 2017
I get being frustrated that DMC3 isn't coming to Switch but there's no need to go ahead and call DMC1 a weak entry when it's still fucking great.
It's by no means a bad game but it's been far surpassed by newer action games since it came out nearly 20 years ago and time hasn't been the kindest to the game either. I'm saying weak when you compare it to 3 and the combat in 4. Can't speak for 5 yet

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
DMC1 Stand-alone isn't worth more than $10 by itself as a barebones port. It really is starting to feel like this is a port just to cover "how did Dante get into smash?"

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
This has been common practice many game companies are doing now: releasing old ass games on Switch with absurd price tag. Yesterday I just browsed the recent release on Switch and saw Deponia (not the collection, just 1 game), an adventure game released years ago, being sold at $40. This game is $20 on PSN and has been repeatedly on sales for less than $10.
They do it with newer games too aka "the Switch tax." I think Super Bomberman R for Switch is still more expensive than the PS4/XBO versions despite being a launch title on the Switch.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, Capcom is doing just fine without Switch, and Switch is definitely doing fine without Capcom, so if they want to torpedo their chances of establishing a large fanbase on what will soon be the top-selling platform in the domestic market, I say go for it. Live in the now, Capcom! Be your own company!

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, Capcom is doing just fine without Switch, and Switch is definitely doing fine without Capcom, so if they want to torpedo their chances of establishing a large fanbase on what will soon be the top-selling platform in the domestic market, I say go for it. Live in the now, Capcom! Be your own company!
They do fine without each other, but would do even better with each other