• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Dante has been in two 3DS games, developed by a Nintendo studio and in the second one he crossed over with Nintendo characters.

Considering Joker's only presence is Persona Q2 and now Scramble Dante would already qualify.
Itsuno said the series hasn't made a proper appareance on Nintendo systems,this DMC release is the first one that would 'count' as barebones as it is

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
maybe the idea is just to port dmc 1 and 3 since no one cares about 2

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Would be two waste of slots for promotion of stuff Nintendo fans actually can own on their systems, so I don't doubt anything. :(

But honestly this is probably just Capcom being as cheap as possible because they feel like they can do it and have no big releases in the FY, so they just want to maximize profits with their ports

Oh I agree, especially when their characters like Travis Touchdown or Professor Layton who deserve a spot.
I keep forgetting about project X zone. This is like the second or third time someone has reminded me lol.

If Smash characters were being picked from those rosters the whole thing would be blown wide open.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's also easier and cheaper to just port the whole trilogy than to piece out the game for a smaller release and drip feed it with bad publicity.
Seriously. I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt and initially assumed they were going the extra mile and porting DMC1 internally and make the Switch version the best yet, but no, turns out they're just being greedy.

Really weird how they didn't sell Ace Attorney 1 HD by itself on non-Nintendo platforms recently too! Newcomers must be overwhelmed by so much content; very strange oversight there! Really makes you think...

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I love Capcom, but why they always seemingly have to weird ass shit just like this. It's like they're on a schedule where every few months they have to do something that makes people angry, just straight up say "huh?!", or both.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom announces MH Freedom port to Switch

Capcom: "Ever since our move to PS4/XB1/PC, we do not know if there is still a MH audience on Nintendo platforms. While MHGU sold robustly, it was only a spin-off title. Therefore, we will release a port of a mainline MH title (Freedom) on Switch to gauge interest in the series. If this does well, we might port World to Switch 5."

OR

Capcom announces new MH mobile game.
It's either one of these two.
What about the Monster Hunter Diary Felyne Village series?

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I try to rationalize this move and I am having trouble.
Even if we consider size, it does not matter since It's digital only so whole trilogy could come.

What is the point of this release?

Deleted member 38706

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 19, 2018
Really weird how they didn't sell Ace Attorney 1 HD by itself on non-Nintendo platforms recently too! Newcomers must be overwhelmed by so much content; very strange oversight there! Really makes you think...

Obviously it's because every non-Nintendo gamer has LARGE BRAINS. They won't be overwhelmed by a simple trilogy. Nintendo gamers are all children, so their brain ain't developed enough. That's why they're so entitled and port beg for every Capgod game. Honestly, Capgod is doing Switch owners a favor by making sure their SMALL BRAINS can handle the utter powerhouse that are CAPCOM GAMES by releasing them one at a time. The higher price is to compensate Capgod for the amount of thought and catering they put into these ports. SMH, if Switch owners are such babies, then perhaps Capgod should just completely abandon them. Unlike Square Enix who shot themselves in the foot by BETRAYING Sony with FFXIII, Capcom will cement themselves as the next-gen KING as they shift their full focus on Sony platforms (and other unimportant ones).

ika

Oct 27, 2017
MAD, Spain
Big NO for you, Capcom.

You make many amazing games, and I'm interested in several, but I won't support these "business decisions".