1. GodofWine

GodofWine

Turn off your internet data / unplug your modem.

2. Radd Redd

Radd Redd

I thought the same thing.

3. Wookieomg

Wookieomg

I'd say the absence of an electoral college overshadowing individual votes in a Midterm election is quite relevant to the importance of midterm votes vs presidential votes. At least as far as I understand, the electoral college plays no role in state and local elections, and only in presidential ones.

4. Piston

Piston

Put in your address here: https://ballot.votesaveamerica.com/

They give a pretty detailed breakdown of candidates, ballot measures, and other issues that might come up. I found it didn't cover court appointees for my area, I had to do separate research for those.

5. Rygar1126

Rygar1126

Damn the Democratic machine in NJ for making me vote for corrupt ass Menendez again.

Better him than Hugin, though

6. kcp12304

kcp12304

7. I'm disappointed that the polls are so close.

2 years ago, I was hoping this would be a repudiation of Trump and his values.

8. Everyday Math

Everyday Math

Lmfao

9. Psychoward

Psychoward

It...is.

10. HamSandwich

HamSandwich

Hugin can claim to be all “independent” he wants, but at the end of the day, you can trust Menendez to vote no on McConnell’s shenanigans. If this were any other election at another time, Hugin wins.

11. BowieZ

BowieZ

In 2016, polling generally* underreported Trump turnout because people were uncomfortable about admitting they liked him.

(*the relative accuracy of the final average GE popular vote turnout notwithstanding)

Now the reverse may be true; they don’t want to admit they were wrong, but they will show it by staying at home tomorrow.^

(^ hopefully)

Everything hinges on turnout tomorrow. Polling can over- or understate general voter motivation in strange times. We’ll see!

12. I want the House and Senate.

13. Psychoward

Psychoward

The Senate is a terrible map for Dems and they still have a ~20% chance of taking the majority through multiple red states.

14. HStallion

HStallion

Yeah I'm not a fan of Menendez but fuck Hugin.

15. Kirblar

Kirblar

They're...not close.

The issue is that we already control most of the Senate seats this cycle.

16. Piston

Piston

At this point, we can just wait out the extra 24 hours and point to the results.

The polls are certainly tough for the Senate, but this is an extremely tough map for the Democrats in the Senate and would be at a very high risk of creating a Republican supermajority in most other years. There is an outside chance some upsets occur both ways, but it should stay between R+1 and D+1, ranging from 52-48 to 50-50.

The polls look promising for the governors, Congress, and many state legislatures. That is where the real impact will be seen fighting back against Trump-ism.

17. gozu

gozu

I'm one of these surprise Dem votes for Gillum. I'm seeing so many DeSantis signs around FTL. With "Nuñez" underneath, to trick low-info hispanics using his wife's running mate's last name so I'm a bit worried.

Oh how I hate that racist piece of shit. If he becomes my governor, I will leave Florida.

I have to change my party affiliation to Dem so i can vote in primaries though.

18. Isro

Isro

Done in Florida. Just... no more Rick Scott.

19. Rick Scott wants a red tide to carry him to Washington!

20. Uh, Jeanette Nuñez is his running mate.

That's a low-info post.

21. gozu

gozu

I deserved that. going to edit my post and keep the original mistake.

Still, Gillum doesn't have his running mate's name underneath his. The intention was the same. To mislead low info voters into thinking Desantis isn't a racist piece of shit. Which he is. As is any politician who supports the Trump agenda and wants to build a wall.

22. Brinbe

Brinbe

It'll be interesting to see if Dems over-perform. Especially considering that voting has been near Presidential levels this go-around. All that post-Kavanaugh enthusiasm seems like it waned and Dems are on the ascendancy. We'll see tomorrow.

At the very least I hope voter participation is bigger than expected considering how much more covered it has been compared to 2010/2014.

23. Rygar1126

Rygar1126

Don’t you know? He’s a Marine, and they don’t back down!

Agreed. I feel like this is definitely the prevailing thought for Dems in Jersey

24. HamSandwich

HamSandwich

People ask me if I will stand up to President Trump!

25. corasaur

corasaur

The polls are pretty lopsided. It's just that winning a vast majority of the Senate seats available this year is underwhelming because we already had most of those.

26. MushroomSamba

MushroomSamba

Yeah, having to vote for him makes me sick, but still the lesser of two evils. Friggin' NJ.

27. RobotHaus

RobotHaus

Early voted in Florida, brought my mom, helped my fiance and her sister vote, my father is going door to door to help remind people to go out and vote. We in this. Let's go Gillum and Nelson.

28. Surfinn

Surfinn

I voted. Now the wait..

29. psychowave

psychowave

i took a peek at t_d (i know, i know) and they were bragging about people crying when trump was elected.

i'm not even american but for the love of god, vote.

30. Dopus

Dopus

Chomsky on climate change, the GOP, and Trump administration.

31. LiK

LiK

32. Pwnz

Pwnz

It is though. You see it in the House because the map isn't as biased towards Republicans as the Senate. Democrats are probably getting 35+ seats.

For the Senate, you're seeing tossups or only slightly lean right in states like TN and TX which are deep red states. Alabama is redder, but has a Democrat senator because of Trump and because the GOP candidate was so bad in Alabama.

Next election is more favorable to dems well probably see a super majority in 2021.

33. jeelybeans

jeelybeans

I mean, when you think of how Trump behaves, to even get just a "regular" midterm swing in the House points to how low this country has come...

34. Lol nice

35. shoplifter

shoplifter
    Banned Member

Voted for every PoC on my ballot, regardless of party affiliation. Need to get white people out of government.

36. GrizzNKev

GrizzNKev

that's not how you do it

glad to know housing and urban development expert ben carson has your support

37. shoplifter

shoplifter
    Banned Member

• User Banned (permanent): Racist Trolling; Junior phase account
    ^^^ I thought this was about getting PoC into leadership roles, not party politics. White people are far too privileged to get my vote.

What did I do wrong?

38. Ac30

Ac30

Vote twice

39. Poody

Poody

Seriously, regardless of party affiliation the right thing needs to be done. I casted my vote and will drop off my ballot tomorrow in CA.

40. Kaban

Kaban

Canvassed for Katie Hill in CA-25 yesterday - it's the most I can do to participate in the political process, since I'm just a permanent resident. Feels good to do something, even though I felt super invasive knocking on everyone's doors.

41. Dust

Dust

I just want Cruz to get blasted, although I am not sure it will happen.

42. GrizzNKev

GrizzNKev

It's a nice sentiment but I think you should vote for people you agree with over their other traits. I'd prefer we had fewer white people in power but voting against your own interests just because the representative is white doesn't fix anything. Anyone, regardless of race, can fall victim to the mentality and lies that got us where we are today.

43. I canvassed for just an hour last weekend at a few south asian blocks in LA Koreatown, but it was a pretty cool experience. I think ill try to do more in the next general election! Or make some dope animated positive propoganda that informs people of things..

44. BWoog

BWoog

I just want the House. Everything else is a cherry on top.

45. AgentOtaku

AgentOtaku

Good luck at BMT!

46. ZiggyPalffyLA

ZiggyPalffyLA

It’s been crazy and disheartening to watch the 538 Senate forecast for Dems plummet over the last couple months.

47. nasirum

nasirum

Voted... praying to god Dems get the house at least.

48. Bird

Bird

Yeah, that's how we get President West in 2024

49. Barzul

Barzul

Bruh, not like this.

50. thefro

thefro

That's almost entirely because of North Dakota and Tennessee. We're not completely dead in either, but they always were uphill climbs with how pro-Trump they are.

It's a very difficult map for Democrats in the Senate this year with very few Republicans in swing/blue-states up for reelection.