• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Senate is going to come down to turnout and motivation in a big way. 538 basically forecasts it as 50/49 right now with Missouri as their could go either way state. Either way I expect a lot of fuckery tomorrow. I expect Trump and his ilk to try and raise a lot of conspiracy bullshit. I mean that's the whole purpose of the supposed hack investigation in Georgia. Laying the groundwork for fuckery

Yeah i really wish the senate swing could be more dramatic but its looking unlikely

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Got my ballot ready and I'm prepped for an early morning at the polls tomorrow. Then an entire day of avoiding all news and information as I worry about the state of our country and just how much further we could potentially fall while my friends and family look on and say "This is fine" either out of right wing ideals or issues that none of the candidates are "good enough" for them to vote for.

Guy.brush

Oct 27, 2017
pretty pleeeeeaaaaase America. Take that weird alternate timeline and stuff it back into the racist box it crawled out of.

DO IT.
tumblr_o2qhmkTFi71tq4of6o1_250.gif

yRnj5SU3TG5CMlKfTVn6MQDnza8hgm0ZQSvrJ_gbz0XxQE9ZO6s7XqGDGro4B1UXGflTuHPKcUSt5hJvu7s96suREaDQdEDVdMY_M3cO3m_z3leyze35zZRIJ30zIrzFV78xWMsl

IncredibleOrganicBug-size_restricted.gif

Kendrid

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
My wife just received a letter from our (supposed) county clerk stating that her voter registration is invalid and she cannot vote tomorrow. That makes no sense considering she has voted for at least 16 years now in this district. This smells a lot like voter suppression.

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
well I typically never have a reason to stream anything. I only ever use hulu. didn't know if it would tie in w/ cable packages or something. guess I should've added in a bit about free streams.
CBSN is the free online CBS stream. It's pretty mediocre production, but if you can't find a free stream of any of the cable ones, you can use them. Also, CBS, NBC and ABC are all gonna have coverage if you have an antenna for broadcast networks.

If none of those work and you really, really want to watch them, you can always do a quick free trial of like Youtube TV or Hulu TV or whatever and then cancel right away.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
CBSN is the free online CBS stream. It's pretty mediocre production, but if you can't find a free stream of any of the cable ones, you can use them. Also, CBS, NBC and ABC are all gonna have coverage if you have an antenna for broadcast networks.

I'd also say the likelihood there aren't streams on YouTube for free (either legal or illegal) will be pretty low.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017

If none of those work and you really, really want to watch them, you can always do a quick free trial of like Youtube TV or Hulu TV or whatever and then cancel right away.
Thank you!

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Going to vote tomorrow, but honestly feel kinda shitty about it because I'm not confident the election I'm participating will be truly legitimate. (hint hint, I live in GA)

Hoping against hope that Abrams can win, but I just am not sure if it can happen.

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So my kid ripped open my ballot envelope after I'd already sealed it, thinking it was a piece of mail we received. I'd already signed it and she didn't hurt the ballot itself so I taped it up and dropped it off. Hopefully they don't think someone tampered with it.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Washington is interesting, we have a senate seat up but the feeling is safe dem.

We have several congressional districts up but only 3 are leans. The 3rd, 5th And 8th. The 5th has been traditionally more red than the 3rd, but the 5th looks like it is in play.

The 8th leans very slightly blue.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
(xposting and modifying from PoliGAF)

Found a good way to capture why I'm suddenly more bullish on Beto and the Senate in a simpler way. I've been talking about "known unknowns" and the House pickup predictions having a very long tail where, in the event we win, there were a wide range of potential outcomes anywhere from just crossing the hurdle to a cataclysm for the GOP. We can do the polling, but modeling the raw numbers to resemble the electorate is virtually impossible when you don't have a clue what this year's electorate will look llike. It's basically been a big roulette wheel, albeit one where I was pretty sure we weren't losing the house.

538 has had us at like 82% to take the house and 18% to take the Senate forever, right? On a scale of 0-100 bad-good that accounts for a wide variety of polling errors, random events, etc. Prior to this week, our only real data point in this regard was VA completely blowing out for the Dems in 2017, but VA is Obama->Clinton country and sort of unrepresentative of the country.

I've thought the House was pretty wrapped up based on the unlikelihood of losing virtually all the tossups, so that would put me at looking at a 20-100 range for expected outcomes. That's a 22.5/77.5 chance. Still pretty low.

But what's changed with the way I'm seeing the election framing is that the things we're seeing (sort of like a Tropical Storm getting closer to impact and getting to its actual strength) make me think the actual expected outcome is likely in the 60-100 range. There are too many abnormal things happening here that are impossible to ignore when put together collectively. I think we're going to see a tail outcome- but I don't know the specificity of the degree.

So suddenly, you're actually looking at a 45/55 chance of Senate victory, instead of a 18/72 chance. And in poker, 45/55 is considered basically a coinflip

And it turns out now we're at 20% in 538's Senate forecast. 50/50.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
Good luck all.

I'm not voting (because I'm a Brit) but let's hope that this election restores some normality.

Go vote.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Going to vote tomorrow, but honestly feel kinda shitty about it because I'm not confident the election I'm participating will be truly legitimate. (hint hint, I live in GA)

Hoping against hope that Abrams can win, but I just am not sure if it can happen.

I wonder if that is there tactic, throw up so much about voter suppression that voters would just say screw it and NOT vote. Which would be horrible

zzz

Oct 27, 2017
How are y'all following the returns tomorrow? Any interesting livestreams or liveblogs?

Right now I'm thinking of watching the NBC livestream for Wasserman, with Twitter, NYT, and 538 all open.

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
I think this was my first midterm I actually voted in, I early voted yesterday. This is in a major Florida county that unfortunately swung red in 2016. The good news is the polling place was absolutely packed, and was busier on a Sunday around 4pm than it actually was for the 2016 presidential Election Day. Anecdotally from my observation, there seemed to be a really high turnout of young people and minorities (I was honestly expecting mostly white seniors) so I'm hoping for the best here in FL.

Tosu

Oct 27, 2017
My wife just received a letter from our (supposed) county clerk stating that her voter registration is invalid and she cannot vote tomorrow. That makes no sense considering she has voted for at least 16 years now in this district. This smells a lot like voter suppression.
Still go vote. You can always complete a provisional ballot.

viskod

Nov 9, 2017

Where do you vote, out of curiosity?

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
I going to put a bag over my head and vote for Bob Menendez tomorrow.

This lesser of two evils political system sucks.

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I was hoping for good weather in NJ but its going to be rainy and shitty tomorrow. It seems like a incredibility stupid reason not to vote but it could have an impact.

Going after work before I hit the gym. We've made it through another election season everyone! No more endless ads everywhere!!!

today-s-electoral-map-1-efbbd3.png

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just sat in line with my family for 1.5 hours to cast my vote early. When I left, the line was longer than when I arrived! (IL District 6)

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Good god, the political ads here in NJ are insane today. I just mute the TV every time the commercial come on.