• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zip

Oct 28, 2017
I really really hope Bernie does not run. He will lose, and will just sow division whether he means to or not.

Biden probably shouldn't either. If only because his time now has past. Make way for rising stars.

ErichWK

Oct 25, 2017
Sandy Eggo
My friend from texas was heart broken about Beto's lost but i told her maybe this means he runs for president and wins and ted cruz has to fucking stare at him and see what he couldn't do, lol

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Harris/beto is fine

preferably with him as a running mate. really, Beto is an obvious and great VP pick for many but I'd rather someone with more experience have the presidency

Anthony Mooch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you are over 65 you should not be president. Do any of you really think bernie, warren or trumps 2nd term or any of the supreme court justice over 70 will actually live those 4 years? They are old and could just die life alert style

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
I'm all on board for a Harris/ Beto, and so is my spouse :)

KAMALA+HARRIS1.jpg

beto.jpeg

That would be one good-looking team and looks count for a lot for voters.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Beto should be vice president not president, you can't have a loser win the presidency man.

Beto lost Texas by only 2%. He increased turnout and lifted up a lot of dems into office. A few house districts around gerrymandered Austin were nearly flipped when in the last midterm it was +25% R. If Beto can rally nationally, swing states could be captured, house expanded lead, Senate split or even +1 or +2 Dem.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
That would be one good-looking team and looks count for a lot for voters.
Super shallow of me to say but damn, can you imagine the contrast between these two and the Trump ticket? An old, fat blowhard with butt lips and a bad spray tan and Generic Movie Republican Bad Guy #73.

It's not even necessarily the one I want (right now, leaning towards Klobuchar-O'Rourke) but mm, those are some fine looking presidents.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
Harris/Beto or Klobuchar/Beto

I don't mind if Beto runs as long as he doesn't win, if that makes sense.

Daitokuji

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get the top two system in California, other than the fact that they want to make sure Republicans don't win elections.

Bandage

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
A cat/A dog 2020

It's a sure fire victory.
They'll pass the legislation we want.
They'll give the best press conferences this country has seen in 4 years (at that point).

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Beto wins in the primary against anyone - I just don't see any other Democrat making people 'fall in love' as much as Beto. He would bridge the progressive faction and the moderate one and would dominate easily.

The only hope he's not the nominee is if he decides not to run.

tgrfawcett

Oct 25, 2017
Utah
In all honesty I understand all these Democrats are hungry to run and try to win against one of the most controversial and disliked presidents in history, yet I feel that if all these possible people run it is going to sharply divide the Democratic base while Trump takes in the adoration of the Conservatives. Democrats need to run a small handful of candidates and take stock of where their people are best suited. For example Steve Bullock of Montana should not be running for the presidency but maybe should try and unseat Steve Daines in Montana. 2020 is about more than just the Presidency and the Democrats need to evaluate who has the best chances in which races and play it somewhat safe otherwise. Beto would be fine to run because there is a lot of doubt he could defeat Cornyn meanwhile Sherrod Brown likely shouldn't so Democrats keep that seat in the senate. There is a lot to consider and I sure as hell hope things work out.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Beto should be vice president not president, you can't have a loser win the presidency man.
He won in Texas for the party. He is responsible for tons of local wins for Democrats. The party is ecstatic at how Beto did.

He won 3 house seat elections before this too.

Betos best strength is he reminds the base of Obama. Huge rallies. Hopeful message. Great at speeches.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Harris/beto is fine

preferably with him as a running mate. really, Beto is an obvious and great VP pick for many but I'd rather someone with more experience have the presidency
This is mostly where I'm at as well. I'd really be cool with either. I think Beto has a decent ammount of experience as a representative but I think Harris has more as a senator and could do a better job running the country.

That said, Beto is way more charismatic and honestly I think has a better chance winning as head of the ticket, though a well run Harris ticket could absolutely still win.

For me it comes down to experience vs. electability, as both are really important. Luckily, both candidates have a fair bit of both.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Beto is the closest we've come to having an Obama level candidate since 08.

If he really does run in 2020, I think he'll win.

Alexiell

Oct 25, 2017
Louisiana
I don't get the top two system in California, other than the fact that they want to make sure Republicans don't win elections.
Tied to the jungle primary system, where all candidates are on the ballot together instead of 1 pub primary and 1 dem primary. Which effectively keeps Repubs off of several statewide elections. Working as intended.

:^)

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
An email sent out by Mimi Walters (R) of C-45:

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Beto lost Texas by only 2%. He increased turnout and lifted up a lot of dems into office. A few house districts around gerrymandered Austin were nearly flipped when in the last midterm it was +25% R. If Beto can rally nationally, swing states could be captured, house expanded lead, Senate split or even +1 or +2 Dem.
Yeah the Beto effect represents the best chances we got in undoing many of the GOP electoral tomfoolery that has been happening in the last few years. If we win the House, Senate and Presidency in 2020, I want Puerto Rico and DC accepted as new states, then pack the Supreme Court. All out total political war and leave no stones unturned. Use that power to finally entrench the progressive agenda nationally.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Kamala has been in the senate 2 years so far, Beto was in the house for 6 years
True, but Harris served as Attorney General (an executive office) since the 2011. I think that'd go a long way to her governing effectively instead of spending a bit of time "learning the ropes" like Obama did, and Beto would likely have to.

But yeah, Beto's experience shouldn't be made light of either. Dude ain't a Trump, he knows what's what with politics and would be an effective leader.

Well, Lincoln.
But that was a long time ago.
Nixon too. And Trump for that matter. Not that those are amazing examples, but it shows people don't care about losing a race to an office as much as we think they do.

Last edited:

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Give me money because I'm about to lose a recount? What the fuck can donations to to change the results on ballots?

She looking to line her pockets with campaign money then take it when she loses?

Vakuf

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on the Beto hype train. That is one cool dude maybe even as cool as Obama. When he is Prez, will be cooler.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
True, but Harris served as Attorney General (a sort of executive office) since the 2011. I think that'd go a long way to her governing effectively instead of spending a bit of time "learning the ropes" like Obama did, and Beto would likely have to.

But yeah, Beto's experience shouldn't be made light of either. Dude ain't a Trump, he knows what's what with politics and would be an effective leader.
Oh I agree kamalas ag tenure helps. Beto has served 3 house terms. Longer than Obama was in senate for example.

I don't think experience is a concern for any of the top tier candidates

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's hard to remember now that Obama was only in the senate for 2 years when he announced he was running for President.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Beto is basically a white Obama lol. Tall, lanky, young. Oozes charisma and fills rallies with adoring fans and great at speeches.

Daitokuji

Oct 27, 2017
Tied to the jungle primary system, where all candidates are on the ballot together instead of 1 pub primary and 1 dem primary. Which effectively keeps Repubs off of several statewide elections. Working as intended.

:^)

That's just as bad as gerrymandering or restrictive voter ID laws. And it's going to backfire if the state ever swings the other direction.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
If only Beto had won, then I'd say he has a shot at 2020. But at this rate, he needs another win to launch his profile nationally. I say maybe 2024 or 2026.