• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Woody

Mar 5, 2018
Nice work OP. I just FedExed my absentee ballot from the other side of the world. Don't mess this up, 'Mericans!

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I think Washington might get one lean R to flip, that is Cathy McMorris Rogers in the 5th.

Another big intiative is I-1639, which is a pretty comphrensive gun control bill.

It appears benchmarkpol is still kicking around so I will definitely be following his account

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Even though I live in a blue district in a blue state, I am excited about taking a stand against the GOP.

Let's do this!

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Does the half Hindi, Decesdent of Sam Houston have a shot in his Texas race? The guy that speaks 7 languages and went to UT-Austin before going into the foreign services?

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Yeah and has barely been within the margin of error.

But if he loses and the Democrats also fail to capture the Senate after they have poured $70mil into his race that he has refused to share with other Democratic candidates, I think heads should roll at the DNC. They've spent the last 10 years focused way too much as an organization on top candidates and ignoring minor races.

They poured a million into the 8th CD in
Washington

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
E6E84Dk.jpg

Let's do this thing

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
They just spent another chunk of money on toss up house races the other day. Also DNC isn't what you mean, they're only for presidential campaigns and most of Beto's money is from his campaign fundraising, plus I'm pretty sure besides helping to pull other dems over the line I think he donated to some TX races.

Dunno man Hillary should have campaigned in Texas, rigged DNC and all that.

Green Yoshi

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cologne (Germany)
I don't have to work on Wednesday, so I guess I will watch CNN during the night. The time shift is a little bit unfavorable for us Europeans. Would be great if the Democrats win the majority in both chambers but I'm not so optimistic. But I guess Trump will have a harder time after the midterms.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
Cool your jets, slick. I corrected myself and was making more a point that the Democratic party's organization is a fucking trainwreck in terms of fundraising. When he's receiving millions through ActBlue from non-Texas donors, the Democratic party could be doing a better job encouraging donations to be directed elsewhere.

And can you provide any evidence that he has shared his money with other candidates? His current FEC filings have zero contributions to other candidates listed.

I think he's sent some money to the state party instead of directly to other candidates.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Gonna vote this weekend with my family. Missed out last weekend because of a cold.

It's been 8 years since Voldemort became Governor of Florida. We all know what we must do

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Scared shitless. We are either going to be a constitutional democracy or an authoritarian fascist state in a week's time.

And the scary thing is, THAT ISN'T HYPERBOLE.

gaugebozo

Oct 25, 2017
Can we switch from paper ballots to those carnival hammer/bell ringing games? I have some bells I'd like to ring.

Mr. Shakedown

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Callin' out the defeatists in the OP, I love it. I did my part for Ohio already, early voting started several weeks ago and I went on day one. Bring on the 6th, we got this!

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
Yo, this is an extremely healthy mindset to have, and one that more people should adopt. Good looking out, man.

Do you doubt her power?!?!?!?!

People are goofing on her because she's astronomically fucked in the polls.

So she's our reverse kay hagen.

Also the NCRR has funneled an absurd amount of money into her race for no real gain at all. Its just a sinkhole of money that could have went to shoring up a republican with better chances.

RiPPn

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I'll probably watch Colbert's coverage just to get some humor mixed in. If I don't like what I see there may watch TYT or MSNBC coverage where I think Maddow is anchoring.

Deleted member 29806

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Germany
Sorry, but as a German I usually know the result of most election in the states pretty early. Not like the final results, but polls usually give a good impression how the elections will turn out. Aren't there such polls in the US states where the majorities are at least probable to switch in favor of democrats?

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Live in NJ. Requested an absentee ballot by mail after mailing the request out last week. What did they send back? A sample ballot instead of an absentee ballot. Now I'll probably have to go immediately after work on Tuesday.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Nice work OP. I just FedExed my absentee ballot from the other side of the world. Don't mess this up, 'Mericans!
Me too. Well, I emailed it, because in Washington you can email a scan/photo to them if you are living overseas.

Washington State (King County, specifically) had some cool things on the ballot, such as stronger restrictions on obtaining guns, and deescalation training for police officers.

Ortix

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry, but as a German I usually know the result of most election in the states pretty early. Not like the final results, but polls usually give a good impression how the elections will turn out. Aren't there such polls in the US states where the majorities are at least probable to switch in favor of democrats?

There are 500+ districts, so obviously not all have been polled. But yes, senate races for instance are quite heavily polled (with some exceptions). The OP has all the information I think. As it stands: Dems are bound to lose ND. They might also lose MO (too close to call) and have decent chances of flipping AZ and NV (both also very close).

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I'm still too anxious to ever vote by mail unless absolutely necessary.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Being in Barbara Comstock's district, I feel like the Belle of the Ball with all the attention my district is getting. Let's go Wexton! And fuck Matt Yglesias for saying we're lame!

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
Obama and Oprah both campaigning this weekend for Stacey Abrams in Georgia this week. Will Ferrell went door to door. The latest poll had her up by 1 point. She needs to win not a runoff, with the libertarian out the mix it's going to be a tougher win, so very nervous.

Mr. Wonderful

Oct 27, 2017
Hey OP, rather implying that what we do now is wait, could you instead encourage people to get involved and help carry us across the finish line? Donate, volunteer, and vote?

Deleted member 29806

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Germany
There are 500+ districts, so obviously not all have been polled. But yes, senate races for instance are quite heavily polled (with some exceptions). The OP has all the information I think. As it stands: Dems are bound to lose ND. They might also lose MO (too close to call) and have decent chances of flipping AZ and NV (both also very close).
Thanks for the answer. Yeah, the OP might have all information, it is just very hard for someone not living in the US to understand. But maybe I just take it that the 85% chance to take the house is based on all the information available and not question it any further.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Voted early today in NC. The six measures they put on the ballots are all written in such glowing terms, but pretty bad measures. At least they made it easy to just say "vote no on them all"

I also have a weird voting tic of not voting when there is only one candidate. Even if they're from my party. I guess my thought process is that without a choice, they didn't really earn my vote.

MisterR

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So on a scale of 10 to 10, how upset are people going to be if Beto loses?
Beto is probably going to lose. That said, the fact that his campaign forced Republicans to spend tens of millions of dollars and lots of time defending a seat in Texas is already a win. Not to mention raising Beto's profile for future prospects and all the excitement and new voters he's bringing in.

Gwenpoolshark

Jan 5, 2018
The Pool
I know I'm a little late to the party, but excellent job OP. Complacency is the absolute worst response to the current crisis. Voting is so important. There's an old anarchist saying: if voting were actually meaningful they'd make it illegal. Well guess what? They are. Voter ID and other disenfranchisement methods mean that if you abstain from voting this election, you're essentially spitting in the face of those who can't.