• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Milly79

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I went out and voted, one of the few times I've ever voted but after these past two years I just couldn't be a non-voter in these mid elections anymore.

I am in a deep red state though (TN, and past elections it was like 89% red/8% blue and then the rest independent), but I hope by some miracle other people got out like me that didn't really vote and did to help change things.

One of my neighbors even put out Democrat signs on their lawn, which is something you really don't see around here at all.

Voted all D in TN today.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
My polling location was very active when I went at 5pm.

It was pretty crowded compared to 2016.

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Same here. I'm frankly pretty worried about the state of climate change so I ended up with yes. I went more back and forth on the Kirkland-specific tax (where I live) since the argument for the Yes group was super poor lol.

I definitely want to get away from fossil fuels but I was troubled by the idea of energy prices getting raised on people who can't afford it. All these companies are just going to pass on the higher costs to consumers.

StoveOven

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I casted my New Jersey absentee ballot two weeks ago and voted Dem down-ticket. I'm pretty confident that Menendez (don't really like him but whatever, I voted for him) will win and that Chris Smith (fuck him) will win my district's House race, so I'm mostly just anxious about the national results right now. Oh, I also hope that the person posting KKK apoligia on their Facebook page doesn't win my local school board election.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CNN is reporting about Peloski. Is she up for election? Because apparently she has a 50+% unfavorable rating right now.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
So we all know Trump is going to announce he's not accepting the results and wants to hold everything up warranting an investigation right?

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
CNN exit poll results (not actual votes, opinion polls) do not bode well for republican turn out.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
CNN is reporting about Peloski. Is she up for election? Because apparently she has a 50+% unfavorable rating right now.
Whole house is up for election. her unfavorable rating does not mean anything in her district which is solid blue. Pelosi's a good boogeyman for the pubs.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
I went out and voted, one of the few times I've ever voted but after these past two years I just couldn't be a non-voter in these mid elections anymore.

I am in a deep red state though (TN, and past elections it was like 89% red/8% blue and then the rest independent), but I hope by some miracle other people got out like me that didn't really vote and did to help change things.

One of my neighbors even put out Democrat signs on their lawn, which is something you really don't see around here at all.

TN is one of the potential longshot paths to Dem senate control — it's pretty much the next best fallback if Beto can't pull the upset in Texas — so voting in TN is hugely important this year. Thanks for doing it.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She's likely going to have an internal election for the speakership coming up. She's likely going to win it, but she's said if she regains the gavel she's not in it for the long haul (probably meaning retirement within the next 4-8 years.)

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Knowing democratic voters, the dems unfavorable rating probably includes people that will vote for the dems anyway, too.

Absolutely. The raw numbers give us a 15 point swing favorable/unfavorable between GOP and DEM which is massive enough already, when you think about progressive voters who held their nose to vote it gets even worse.

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
Got drinks for if things go well. Got drinks for if things go south. This is more nerve racking for me than 2016.

Edit: my polling place seemed busier than 2016.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
just came back from voting and god damn how fucked our voting system is. Now i can see how much of a barrier there is. There were so many people just being turned away from voting because they didnt have the proper paperwork mailed weeks in advance, they weren on the specific lists at the location they were supposed to be at, they had not voted in a while and their names were just wiped from the voter rolls. Its crazy

If only we just had an ID system were every person was automatically put into a governmental server and when you went into the booth, you just put in your social security number and it would automatically recognize you and your vote.