• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Znazzy

Aug 27, 2018
Just got back home from voting in Ohio. Thankfully didn't have a line!

I'm so nervous guys...someone hold me.

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
Voted today and there was no line what so ever. Wasn't too thrilled that they moved the location to a church as well.

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The 2 and 3rd most common issues in the exit Polls being immigration and the economy are a bit of a worry, even if the the first one was for healthcare. I suppose that that it may not all be Republicans concerned with the current immigration situation tbf.

Basileus777

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
I had to block Bob Hugin's number. Was getting texts every hour from the campaign, including a "number for friends" to call if there are voting issues. It was some dogwhistle garbage.

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
qLPjbkZ.png

When looking at exit poll results, it's more important to pay attention to the issues and poll after poll from CNN are just bad for GOP turnout.

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017
you guys satanists afraid of spontaneously combusting if you step foot inside a church? i am not religious but even i'll step into a church if necessary.

Here in America we have this thing called the separation of church and state.

I can understand being concerned that churches are unlikely to respect the sanctity of democracy, given their demonstrated lousiness at respecting the sanctity of democracy. So I could certainly see being uncomfortable about having your polling place in one, even if it wouldn't bother me personally.

That said, as I noted, it's extremely common in America because churches are large, mostly empty, mostly publicly accessible landmarks.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
qLPjbkZ.png

When looking at exit poll results, it's more important to pay attention to the issues and poll after poll from CNN are just bad for GOP turnout.

Electing minorities was about the same too

CNN did question who is going to openly state their opposition to a pollster though. Something to keep in mind

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Electing minorities was about the same too

CNN did question who is going to openly state their opposition to a pollster though. Something to keep in mind

The question was framed in such a way that someone could say "gender isn't important to me" rather than "electing women isn't important".

Though yes, a non-anonymous question like that is probably going to get some people straight up lying lol

DewWutHuh

Nov 15, 2017
Houston, TX
I posted this over in the Texas Midterm thread but thought it could use some visibility over here.

Racist election judge doing racist shit in Harris County, TX.

https://www.chron.com/news/politics...rects-racist-language-at-a-north-13367024.php

Choice quotes from the racist....

Barnes, who is white, then told Anthony, who is black, "Maybe if I'd worn my blackface makeup today you could comprehend what I'm saying to you." Witnesses confirmed this is what they heard Barnes say.

That's when Barnes walked up to her and shoulder bumped her and said, "I'm white. Have you seen the news?"

"If you call the police, they're going to take you to jail and do something to you, because I'm white," Barnes told her in front of several witnesses.

FeliciaFelix

Oct 27, 2017
So I know Florida has early voting and mail, I voted on the first day of early voting. How does it work in other states? Is early voting rare?

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
you guys satanists afraid of spontaneously combusting if you step foot inside a church? i am not religious but even i'll step into a church if necessary.

Good for you? I didn't say it stopped me from stepping into the church so stop with the weird attitude. As a gay man, I do feel a bit uncomfortable having to step in to a church.

Oct 27, 2017
Suffice to say I've never seen a line at my polling place like I saw this morning. I budgeted 30 minutes before work but the line had to be at least an hour. I'm going back when I'm off but damn I was surprised as shit to see all those people.

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cant wait to get home and hear those absurd hyped up movie trailer style openings from CNN. I'm a sucker for em.

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

"BREAKING: A state district judge has ordered Harris County to extend voting hours at nine polling locations that failed to open on time this morning."

Heckin' cool