• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I went to my poll at 12:30pm and there was no line. I just got my ballot, voted, and was out under 5 minutes. It took longer finding the polling area then anything.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
qLPjbkZ.png

When looking at exit poll results, it's more important to pay attention to the issues and poll after poll from CNN are just bad for GOP turnout.
Hold me Tim Wise

Coolverine

May 7, 2018
Here in America we have this thing called the separation of church and state.

I can understand being concerned that churches are unlikely to respect the sanctity of democracy, given their demonstrated lousiness at respecting the sanctity of democracy. So I could certainly see being uncomfortable about having your polling place in one, even if it wouldn't bother me personally.

That said, as I noted, it's extremely common in America because churches are large, mostly empty, mostly publicly accessible landmarks.

uh, I am an American. Don't try and educate me on separation of church and state. It's silly to get worked up over a polling place being located in a church. Get worked up when politicians force prayer in public schools.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Voted first thing this morning before work. In Virginia, so fairly firmly blue, but still doing my part. Lot of others in my company area were also pretty proud to vote blue too.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
With my fiancée in line to vote. I mailed mine in but she hadn't. First time voting in the US since we moved from PR, and she knew what to vote for already so I just had to convince her not to be lazy and vote. Just drove her to the polling station so I am glad she listened to me.

Orlando Florida. Short line, about 15 minutes in Audubon Park. Not bad and everyone pretty nice. This is probably a blue area so there's that. Lots of young people though. Everyone driving in right now are young so I am excited.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
It's storming pretty bad right now here Tallahassee. Hopefully it won't affect turnout too much since it's so late.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Watching CNN random survey results and something like 33% say Trump isn't a factor in their vote... What? How is that even possible? Whether for or against? lol

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's going to be a miracle if I get any work done today ffs. Way too concerned about this to do much else.

YuYu

Banned
Jun 18, 2018
I'm watching CNN and the timer is done and I was hoping we'd see the results now, but guess what?Nothing happened.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Usually go to bed at 9 for work. Will push until about 11 tonight, depending on how it's going.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
I'm watching CNN and the timer is done and I was hoping we'd see the results now, but guess what?Nothing happened.
Going to be about 8-9PM EST when you start seeing the first interesting results. You have to remember not every poll closes at the same time. Some at 6,7,8, etc.

Edit: And it also takes time for the results to come in.

Lyude77

Dec 19, 2017
Voted in KY, straight Dem. Not many regional votes though, mostly just city votes. I bet Marsy's law passes even though I voted against it because I side with the ACLU