• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of Bernies appeal was he was the only non-Hillary option. That not being the case leaves very little base of support for him. If you were with Bernie because he was left of Hillary well guess what you have a ton of options now. If you were with Bernie because you wanted to be part of a movement well you have Beto now. Bernie doesn't stand out in a field like this.
He's better off using his current influence to endorse and campaign for someone that he likes the best and then getting some sort of job in an administration if they win

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
I voted for Bernie in the 2016 primaries but, honestly, O'Rourke is everything Sanders supporters have been wanting.
Sanders' age and perplexing propensity to say and do insensitive things toward the black community make him an unviable candidate in the future.
Pretty much, Im willing to sacrifice some of Bernie's more progressive policies in exchange for a younger and less racially problematic candidate

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
Beto definitely has to be at the very least involved in whatever Democrat ticket is finalized for 2020. I'm skeptical he'd be at the top of the ticket but I would certainly vote it regardless.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I really think you're all sleeping on the Gollum vote. He's persistent enough to clinch it. He knows what's precious. I think he'd have the Hobbit vote on lock.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of Bernies appeal was he was the only non-Hillary option. That not being the case leaves very little base of support for him. If you were with Bernie because he was left of Hillary well guess what you have a ton of options now. If you were with Bernie because you wanted to be part of a movement well you have Beto now. Bernie doesn't stand out in a field like this.
The NYT piece seemed to indicate that Bernie is not a sure thing to run.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bernie/Beto ticket maybe?
There is no scenario where Bernie does better in the primary than Beto. None. Beto appeals to the Bernie demographic far better than Bernie does now.

The two strongest and most likely to survive the longest are Kamala & Beto.

The NYT piece seemed to indicate that Bernie is not a sure thing to run.
I doubt he runs, he knows his window has closed I bet. Similar to Biden.

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018
Really hope Beto runs. Dude is the only superstar the dems have beside Obama right now. Loved Bernie in 2016 but he's said too much stupid shit and theres really no hope for him in 2020. Kamala has zero appeal outside of Cali and I cannot see her doing well in the rust belt. Corey Booker will be out before Iowa.

Atlagev

Oct 27, 2017
There is no scenario where Bernie does better in the primary than Beto. None. Beto appeals to the Bernie demographic far better than Bernie does now.

I hope you're right. I never got Berniemania. Never understood the appeal. But Beto I get. I feel excited for him like I felt excited for Obama. He absolutely will be able to unite the center left and more progressive left. Again, just like Obama.

Blackflag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Harris/Beto or Beto/Harris. Beto/Harris would probably perform better because ---white people. But I prefer Harris/Beto.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Also, Gillum is currently under investigation by the for corruption and misuse. Regardless of the merits of said investigation (and I do think there's substance there regardless of whether or not Gillum was personally involved) it's a bad look for a presidential candidate. He should run by all means, but it's something people should keep in mind, as it may be one of the reasons he lost in Florida.

Well it's not like Rick Scott is any better. But then again modern GOP don't give a shit if their robbing them under their noses.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We have more options, but Bernie is, strictly speaking, to the left of everyone else still. Not much really has changed on that front. I think it's unlikely Bernie wins the primaries, so I'd rather have Beto be our nominee because I think he'd do better in the general than Biden or Kamala. I want him to run but I'm not really interested in supporting him in the primaries over Bernie.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
He's better off using his current influence to endorse and campaign for someone that he likes the best and then getting some sort of job in an administration if they win
His ego won't let him do that.

Speaking of which, isn't there a rule now that you actually have to be a member of and running as a Democrat to run in the Democratic primary?

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
His ego won't let him do that.

Speaking of which, isn't there a rule now that you actually have to be a member of and running as a Democrat to run in the Democratic primary?
I mean that's kind of silly. Nobody asked or expected Hillary to do this for 2016. Or I guess Mitt Romney after he lost his first bid.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
I mean that's kind of silly. Nobody asked or expected Hillary to do this for 2016. Or I guess Mitt Romney after he lost his first bid.
But both were actual members of the Democratic and Republican party before running for president and both ran under the ticket of thier respective parties when running for lower offices.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So correct me if I'm wrong... Republicans gained 3 seats in the Senate right? But with the Azrizona thing turning around did they only get 2 seats or was that not included?

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
I do think there is a rule you have to be a Democrat for like 6 months or something. Not that Sanders not being a Democrat ever really mattered to me or most people. I care what policies you support and your rhetoric on the campaign trail more than what label you have.

So correct me if I'm wrong... Republicans gained 3 seats in the Senate right? But with the Azrizona thing turning around did they only get 2 seats or was that not included?
Correct, unless Nelson has a miracle happen, which is unlikely.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do think there is a rule you have to be a Democrat for like 6 months or something. Not that Sanders not being a Democrat ever really mattered to me or most people. I care what policies you support and your rhetoric on the campaign trail more than what label you have.

Correct, unless Nelson has a miracle happen, which is unlikely.
listen, you're not believing hard enough. Nelson will win

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Update for anyone following California, CA-45 in particular:

Katie Porter still has a chance.

bangai-o

Oct 27, 2017
Torres Small was called on Thursday, I believe. As a New Mexico resident this makes me super proud, as the last time this happened was in 2008. Glad Yvette Herrell didn't get elected, she was a fucking nutcase. NM State really saved our asses in the south, lol
Interestingly, you can actually see that hard Texas influence at the border counties.

capture16je01.png

https://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/new-mexico-house-district-2

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Last year I never heard the name Beto O'Rourke and now I want him as my president. How quickly the right person can rise.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Last year I never heard the name Beto O'Rourke and now I want him as my president. How quickly the right person can rise.
Obama literally became an overnight celebrity with his "red states blue states" speech during the '04 convention. It's very likely he wouldn't have been the president currently if he hadn't made that speech I think.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Obama literally became an overnight celebrity with his "red states blue states" speech during the '04 convention. It's very likely he wouldn't have been the president currently if he hadn't made that speech I think.
Very true. Hell Trump is president and nobody saw that coming 2014 after midterms. Who knows who can rise.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Interestingly, you can actually see that hard Texas influence at the border counties.

capture16je01.png

https://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/new-mexico-house-district-2
Texas and oil. The Southeast and Northwest of New Mexico are sitting on huge oil/gas basins:
nmmap_small.gif

Up near Farmington (in the San Juan Basin) is actually one of the more conservative part of our state, but it isn't very populous and the northern electoral region (NM-03) has Santa Fe and a lot of reservations, so it's the most reliably blue county in New Mexico currently.

Last edited: