• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Captain of Outer Space

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
I am not suggesting 75% off but 33-50% is not unreasonable. SnakePass hit 50% rather quickly and that is a game that sold pretty well. Similar with Wonder Boy.
They were also taking advantage of being the first eShop game to go on sale on the Switch. I'd imagine the volume of sales driven by that move helped make up for the steep discount.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
They were also taking advantage of being the first eShop game to go on sale on the Switch. I'd imagine the volume of sales driven by that move helped make up for the steep discount.

Correct and I would assume the trend would have continued in hopes of standing out from what is quickly becoming a crowded Nindie field but that has not been the case. Maybe the coming months will prove me wrong and we will see more aggressive sales to stand out from the competition.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
switch has honestly been pretty rad for sales so far. Not massive sales, but pretty reliable 2-3 month after release 15-25% off sales. Nice. Basically what steam has become, heyooo

OP
OP
Captain of Outer Space

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Correct and I would assume the trend would have continued in hopes of standing out from what is quickly becoming a crowded Nindie field but that has not been the case. Maybe the coming months will prove me wrong and we will see more aggressive sales to stand out from the competition.
Yeah, I'm not saying there aren't 50+% discounts, but that expecting them to match Steam/PSN/XBL sales for versions of those games that have been out for much longer is probably unrealistic.

jmizzal

Oct 27, 2017
It's my favorite version of the game and I own it on Xbox and PS4 and steam.

It plays perfectly, and the ability to play it undocked is amazing.

Even when docked I prefer playing it on Switch because that's where all my current matchmaking stats are from all my handheld play. So the fact that the switch resumes from sleep instantly makes it easier and more sensible to play there even though the other consoles render at better quality.

That sounds good, I played it on xbox free play weekend and the game was pretty addictive, I have to grab it today

Myrrhodd

Jan 15, 2018
How's that Harmonix game, Super Beat Sports? It's on sale here too. It sits at a 68 on Metacritic though :-/ I'd mainly play it with a group of friends. (We love Rock Band 4) This worth picking up?

AerialAir

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Anabody knows if i can use an European CC on the US eShop? I know Sony doesn't allow this with PSN, not sure about Nintendo. Wanna snatch Golf Story cheap.

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017
Hmmm...Rocket League is tempting me. Does it play/look much different to the PC version? Of course portability does factor somewhat in the equation.....but I'm probably 80% docked with Switch.

JoRu

Oct 25, 2017
Golf Story it is. Having bought that and also Dark Souls 3 on PC just now I have lots of nice stuff to play, and it didn't cost me much. Feels good.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
How's that Harmonix game, Super Beat Sports? It's on sale here too. It sits at a 68 on Metacritic though :-/ I'd mainly play it with a group of friends. (We love Rock Band 4) This worth picking up?

Yes, it's a fun party game and the baseball 2-player coop is really good. The minuses are that some of the modes are not that fun, some modes only allow 2 players multi and that the vs modes doesn't let you replay right away.

Anabody knows if i can use an European CC on the US eShop? I know Sony doesn't allow this with PSN, not sure about Nintendo. Wanna snatch Golf Story cheap.

But Golf Story is for sale on the EU eShop as well...?

Giever

Oct 25, 2017
Golf Story got really boring and repetitive for me. I get the charm, but don't just jump in assuming the praise will apply to you.

OP
OP
Captain of Outer Space

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
What's Spelunker Party like? Is there still a demo? Or was that JP only?
There is a demo on the NA eShop.

The game is an adaptation of the original NES Spelunker for modern consoles and was a free to play game on PS4, but is more expensive here since I assume they got rid of the monetization stuff in it.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Damn if only these sales ended the same day bayonetta launched.

Hopefully nothing else good besides golf story this round.

AerialAir

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Golf Story got really boring and repetitive for me. I get the charm, but don't just jump in assuming the praise will apply to you.
I'm in the same boat. Starts of strong and had me hooked through its first tournament or so... from the second tourney forward, it's been rather boring, and now I don't know if I even have it in me to finish the game. The golf part is fine... not amazing, but not too simplistic (putting sucks though IMO). The story part is just kinda there... innocuous is how I'd describe it. You'll remember almost nothing of it because there isn't much story-wise that's memorable.

HammerFace

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck. Are you kidding me. I just bought golf story last week after deciding I was tired of waiting for a sale to come around. I haven't even played it yet.

Ferny

FutureERA
Oct 23, 2017
Fuck. Are you kidding me. I just bought golf story last week after deciding I was tired of waiting for a sale to come around. I haven't even played it yet.
lol I bought both Golf Story and Rocket League last week. Oh well, both fun games and ive put a ton of time into RL so it's all good.

HammerFace

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
lol I bought both Golf Story and Rocket League last week. Oh well, both fun games and ive put a ton of time into RL so it's all good.
Yeah I don't regret buying it, it just sucks lol
I'm excited to start it up. I just finished my Spectre of Torment play through of shovel knight.

Does anyone know if Retro City Rampage is worth getting?

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
One under-stated part of Golf Story that's just wonderful: It's use of HD Rumble.

FOR DIALOG BOXES

Seriously, they somehow took HD rumble and applied it perfectly to dialog boxes that adds so much charm and character!