• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just bought Mantis Burn Racing. I was interested when it first came out but missed out on it and it was a nice reminder.

I imagine the online is sadly dead even with crossplay though.:(

OP
OP
Captain of Outer Space

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Can't you buy the game digitally and store it on your account and download it once you get a switch?
No, you need the hardware to activate the account for purchasing digital games for that platform.

Thank you. Is it fun?
I've only played the PS4 version, but it was pretty good. It's not a forgiving game despite the cutesy art style, as it still has some of the punishing aspects of the NES game with a few QOL improvements like checkpoints. The PS4 version also had a good bit of cross promotional stuff with other games, so I don't know if that is still in Party.

Metalgus

Oct 27, 2017
Can't you buy the game digitally and store it on your account and download it once you get a switch?
I'm not the original poster, but I simply wanted to say that I tried doing that before buying my Switch in early January and it gave me an error once I clicked on Buy Digital on the eShop website. Don't know it it was a error on my side but I did try on different days and various browsers. I thought it was a missed opportunity for Nintendo.

Edit: already answered I see hehe

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Heard Golf Story can get kinda monotonous but at that price might pick it up. Need something to play in short bursts in Switch.

Saw Spelunk— on that list and for excited and then remembered that Spelunky isnt on switch. How is Spelunky not on Switch!?'

OP
OP
Captain of Outer Space

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Heard Golf Story can get kinda monotonous but at that price might pick it up. Need something to play in short bursts in Switch.

Saw Spelunk— on that list and for excited and then remembered that Spelunky isnt on switch. How is Spelunky not on Switch!?'
Dev's working on Spelunky 2, which I'm sure will come to Switch at some point.

thebisonxrc

Oct 25, 2017
Great to have Golf Story and Rocket League on sale. Both are definitely worth downloading on the Switch. Check them out, if you haven't already!

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
Golf Story is okay to pretty good, depending on how much you like the script. It's probably a bit too long for its own good.

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna get that sweet RL DLC I've been holding out on.

And I guess Golf Story so people shut up about it. Has Stardew Valley been on sale yet?

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Does the Switch ever have any really deep sales like the ones on PS4 and Steam (50% - 75% off)? I only got a Switch over the holidays so I haven't seen what many of the sales have looked like. I haven't been sure if I should be holding off for better sales down the line whenever a small sale like this has popped up over the past month or so.

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
Does the Switch ever have any really deep sales like the ones on PS4 and Steam (50% - 75% off)? I only got a Switch over the holidays so I haven't seen what many of the sales have looked like. I haven't been sure if I should be holding off for better sales down the line whenever a small sale like this has popped up over the past month or so.
Don't ever expect good sales on Nintendo shops and you'll never be disappointed.

30% off is usually the cap unless it's a garbage game.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017

It is perfect for the Switch. It's about as monotonous as any golf game and runs in at about 30 hours to complete. Even for $15 it was more than worth it.

Good on all you guys who picked it up.

OP
OP
Captain of Outer Space

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah. Oxenfree was 75% off over the holidays and was routinely one of the top sellers during that timeframe along with some others here and there. There are two 50% off games in this sale (Infinite Minigolf, Spelunker Party).

legend166

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is perfect for the Switch. It's about as monotonous as any golf game and runs in at about 30 hours to complete. Even for $15 it was more than worth it.

Good on all you guys who picked it up.

It'll take 30 hours if you're horrendous at golf games, like the dude in the thread who didn't have any understanding of a three-press swing mechanic that's been in every golf game for about 30 years.

I beat it in around 15 hours and did every side quest I could find.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
It'll take 30 hours if you're horrendous at golf games, like the dude in the thread who didn't have any understanding of a three-press swing mechanic that's been in every golf game for about 30 years.

I beat it in around 15 hours and did every side quest I could find.

I meant to write 20 actually. I got my play time wrong. But my time was probably a little higher since I would set it down without putting it in standby a lot. I also did just about everything. I think the only thing I didn't master was GALF.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Been interested in Golf Story for awhile, so got that. I do want to try out more quirky RPGs, and I do have a slight itch for golf right now.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How is Superbeat Xonic on the Switch? Should I go for this or some of the other rhythm games?
Currently has issues with the touchscreen dropping inputs (patch on the way apparently), and is quite difficult to play with physical controls, due to non-mirrored stick and button placement. I'd honestly recommend Deemo or Voez over it at the moment.

opticalmace

Oct 27, 2017
So gonna get golf story!

I'm still not sure about RL... I have like 800+ hours played in the PC version. Not sure how I would handle the visuals/controls.

The eshop doesn't have a refund policy I'm assuming?

TheShampion

Oct 27, 2017
Currently has issues with the touchscreen dropping inputs (patch on the way apparently), and is quite difficult to play with physical controls, due to non-mirrored stick and button placement. I'd honestly recommend Deemo or Voez over it at the moment.
That's good to know. Thanks for helping me dodge a bullet. Think I'll just get Voez then until they patch it.

legend166

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I meant to write 20 actually. I got my play time wrong. But my time was probably a little higher since I would set it down without putting it in standby a lot. I also did just about everything. I think the only thing I didn't master was GALF.

Ah okay, that makes sense. I was genuinely wondering how someone could spend 30 hours on it.

G-X

Oct 28, 2017
Golf Story is the single most charming game I have played in years. It's basically what I felt like I was missing out on when everyone else was having fun with Stardew Valley. Granted, they are drastically different games, but the charm and nostalgia factor is there. I don't normally recommend games, but damn if I haven't strongly recommended Golf Story to everyone I know who owns a Switch.

Voez actually just got another 14 free DLC songs and button support. Song list is like 170+ now. Good choice.

Has Voez been on sale? Know it's already a good deal, but with a back catalog and not being huge into the genre I'd hope to grab it eventually, liked what I played on the f2p ios version, before the Switch had a demo.

Last edited:

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Has Voez been on sale? Know it's already a good deal, but with a back catalog and not being huge into the genre I'd hope to grab it eventually, liked what I played on the f2p ios version, before the Switch had a demo.
Don't think so. They're still updating it fairly frequently with free songs, so that's probably the main reason it's still full price.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, there's a demo. I'd try it out, as I think it's an extremely fun game.

I've only played the PS4 version, but it was pretty good. It's not a forgiving game despite the cutesy art style, as it still has some of the punishing aspects of the NES game with a few QOL improvements like checkpoints. The PS4 version also had a good bit of cross promotional stuff with other games, so I don't know if that is still in Party.

Thank you both for the info, I really appreciate it!

BDGAME

Oct 27, 2017
Brasília
I was in doubt about buying Golf Story or Hallow night, but I ended up choosing Golf Story because it is on sale.

I don't start to play it yet, but I really hope it's so good as people say.