• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

the7samurai

Oct 30, 2017
Added Steamworld Heist and Kamiko to the collection. Too many games I wanna try out! Tempted by Blossom Tales and Steamworld Dig 1.

NamikazeBurst

Oct 25, 2017
SteamWorld Dig 2 is once again more expensive on Switch than Steam. Steam has a lower base price in Canada AND it gets a 35% sale compared to 25%. They really are making me ok with not buying their game.

Oct 25, 2017

Dig 2 is also my choice, but Heist is very different (unlike Dig 1) and really awesome as well, like XCOM with more meaningful characters, an element of skill added to the aiming system, and no permadeath. Dig 2 is still probably the best IMO as I like Metroidvania's more than strategy games, buts SW Heist is still one of my favorites of its genre.

GeeDuhb

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
HOLY SHIT...RIP my wallet. There were 7 Switch games that I have had my eyes on...Just bought 4 and held myself from more for now...GAHHHHHHHH! Ended up grabbing Steamword Dig, KAMIKO, Crypt of the Necrodancer and Super One More Jump.

Some of the great Indies on there though. God Bless the Switch! lol

Last edited:

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Hah I literally bought Steamworld Dig 2 last night of course it goes on sale today.

Grabbed Crypt of the Necrodancer and might get Steamworld Heist.

GeeDuhb

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Please everyone, buy steamworld dig 2

For someone who that has all the dig games, any other recommendations from here?

Played a little bit of Dig 1 two times on PS4, as I played a little bit, forgot about it, and then started it over and played a little more a few years later. Decided to pick up Dig 2 a few months back even without beating the first and really enjoyed it. I just bought Dig 1 on Switch because I have been planning on going back and playing it and at 50%, I couldn't say no.

Is Rocket League still bad in 4p split screen? Or did they update it
Wont be playing it online at all

I can't really personally speak to that (I own the game but have never tried 4 player splitscreen) but they just announced yesterday that the big Spring update including 900p handheld, toggleable graphic/performance modes and tournament mode is coming on April 3rd

Terandle

Oct 27, 2017
Dig 2 is a steal at the original asking price. C'mon no complaining about not saving a couple dollars on this one!

Muaddib

Oct 25, 2017
could never get into Dig 1 for some reason. Will I like Dig 2?

and I'm wondering if I should triple dip on Rocket League. Already have it on PC and Xbox, but Switch will be a great party game as I have 4 controllers!

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How are:
  • Blossom Tales
  • Splasher
  • Hollow
Any input on these would be greatly appreciated :] I just picked up Kamiko, but unsure of those other three.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
I am tempted by NBA 2K18 at that price but I hated how their MTX policy on PS4 and doubt I can deal with grinding on the Switch. Plus it's like 30-35GB which would leave me with little room on my 128GB MicroSD card.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As always, these sales have the weakest fucking discounts compared to other platforms.

Blossom Tales for $12.75 instead of $14.99? WHAT A FUCKING BARGAIN! Better buy it now so I can save that sweet $2.

billysea

Banned
Nov 18, 2017
Will get SteamWorld Dig 1. Love the sequel and want to play the original.

Also will get Kamiko as it's so cheap.

Will only cost me $8 total lol.

Marauder85

Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Auckland, NZ
I'm stuck on whether to get Doom or Skyrim. I love FPS games and want one for the Switch but I already have Doom for the 1X and don't feel right paying for an inferior version. But I play portably a lot so I wonder if it will be worth getting just for that.

I've never played Skyrim but I'm not too keen at games that are overly complicated. Is it more difficult than The Witcher 3? I eventually got into that after figuring out its systems. As long as it's fun and easy enough to get into I'm ok.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
I'm stuck on whether to get Doom or Skyrim. I love FPS games and want one for the Switch but I already have Doom for the 1X and don't feel right paying for an inferior version. But I play portably a lot so I wonder if it will be worth getting just for that.

I've never played Skyrim but I'm not too keen at games that are overly complicated. Is it more difficult than The Witcher 3? I eventually got into that after figuring out its systems. As long as it's fun and easy enough to get into I'm ok.
Wrong thread? The Yanks aren't getting Skyrim or Doom on sale - which is a shame as I totally would have bought at least one of them.

Shahadan

Oct 27, 2017
Weird that we don't hear much about Crypt of the Necrodancer
I guess people have played it before

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017

I've been playing Skyrim all day, it's amazing. Your abilities naturally improve the more you use them (one-handed weapons, light/heavy armor, magic, smithing), and you can purchase perks in each skill tree that have a significant impact on your abilities. Combat is very mushy, but you have a lot of freedom to evolve into your preferred build, and can switch the combat difficulty at will.

It's exactly as impressive of a portable game as Zelda, the world is enormous. And besides the expected Bethesda jank, the performance is very stable and load times are hardly an issue.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
I'm stuck on whether to get Doom or Skyrim. I love FPS games and want one for the Switch but I already have Doom for the 1X and don't feel right paying for an inferior version.
Ain't nothing inferior about Switch DOOM. the portability and gyro aim makes it superior.
NBA 2k is always on sale and one day i gonna break down and get it
The only reason I don't buy it now is because I already own it. :-). Great game, no reason to wait.

FreddeGredde

Oct 27, 2017

oatmeal

Oct 30, 2017
Grabbed Steamworld Dig 1 (already have 2, and have 1 on several platforms...but handheld! Even though I have it on 3DS already too...fuck it, it's great) and Blossom Tales.

pulga

Banned for alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Got SWD2 at launch, so totally just jumped on Heist, never played it before.

Kamiko vs Blossom Tales; which Zelda clone is the best/most original? How long are they?

I don't consider Kamiko a Zelda clone, so Blossom Tales it is. I've been wondering about Eliots Quest since it seems like Zelda 2 inspired, and it's on sale on the EU store.

winstein

Oct 28, 2017
Malaysia
I see Splasher and Kamiko are now on sale, which I am planning to get since they are on my wishlist.

I think I will put Blossom Tales on my wishlist, but not as an immediate purchase.

How's Semispheres? Looks interesting but it also looks rather short.

Thank you for reading.

BorkBork

Oct 25, 2017
In for Crypt. Might double dip for Heist - it was game of the year material for me on the 3DS.