• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kristoffer

Banned
Oct 23, 2017
mHQ744J.png

previous thread

Last edited:

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Senator Warren got Rich Uncle Pennybags to do a video with her, it looks like.

nintendoman58

Oct 25, 2017
I know I complain in here about other people complaining about Net Neutrality a lot but it's especially egregious when I'm being labelled as naive for simply pointing out facts.

Some personally messaged me just to tell me that he's putting me on ignore after I responded.

You can't reason or argue with these people.

nintendoman58

Oct 25, 2017
I've found Net Neutrality brings out a certain amount of shrillness in otherwise-allied people that is downright intolerable.

Censorship wouldn't be the problem anyway. There's nothing in it for ISPs to go censoring stuff, they *want* people to use their service. The main thing will be throttling, which will mostly just be a way to extort money from the service providers, and realistically you're in an oligopoly in streaming services anyway. Anyone important can pay up.

And, worse comes to worse, the next D administration just puts it back (although i've found a lot of the people who really freak out about Net Neutrality are the "Dems are just Republican Lite!" people).

It's true. When you explain this to them they basically just yell at you in response.

No matter what facts you bring up you just keep getting shouted down.

It's so frustrating.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
GAF went down 1 month ago today. Since it took until the following Wednesday to get ERA up, that means we went through almost 20,000 posts in 27 days, or 740 posts per day.

DinosaurusRex

Oct 26, 2017
I was wrong and kristoffer had all the power still.

Edit: also I'm not used to not having to post to subscribe.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
I actually don't know if this is real or not.
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/article131838004.html

WASHINGTON

Former U.S. Sen. Kay Hagan, D-N.C., is recovering from encephalitis, inflammation of the brain, caused by a rare virus spread by ticks from animals to humans, according to an update Saturday from her doctor and family.

Recovery from viral encephalitis varies case by case, with differing symptoms, treatment outcomes, and long-term impact. Encephalitis can inflict long-term brain damage, affecting speech, vision, memory and muscle control. Most cases, though, can be treated quickly and patients are able to fully recover, according to the University of Maryland Medical Center.

The family knows encephalitis recovery is a long process but is pleased with the progress Hagan has made in the last three weeks she's been at the Shepherd Center hospital in Atlanta, said her husband Chip Hagan on Saturday in a statement to McClatchy. The Shepherd Center specializes in spinal cord and brain injuries. The non-profit hospital is recognized as a leader in neurological and neuromuscular research and draws more than half of its patients from out of state, according to its website.

Hagan's doctor in North Carolina is William Powers at the University of North Carolina School of Medicine in the neurology department.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Can we keep 'the tradition' of linking previous OTs in the OP?

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else lately get this weird feeling that the GOP has been stockpiling a bunch of slander on Democrats and they are just now starting to release a bunch of it?

I'm not even talking about the sexual harassment stuff. But it almost feels like the GOP has reacted to what happened with both November 7th and the Roy Moore allegations by going back into overdrive with not just crappy talking points but stuff that non-republicans will pay attention to as well.

Splendy

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else lately get this weird feeling that the GOP has been stockpiling a bunch of slander on Democrats and they are just now starting to release a bunch of it?

I'm not even talking about the sexual harassment stuff. But it almost feels like the GOP has reacted to what happened with both November 7th and the Roy Moore allegations by going back into overdrive with not just crappy talking points but stuff that non-republicans will pay attention to as well.

But seriously I wouldn't worry too much about that with the current trends dems were likely to get caught up in all this, which is fine. It's okay to expose bad people and I don't think its part of some master plan by republicans.

Status
Not open for further replies.