• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Compared to European politics maybe. For the US, those are all pretty far left. Especially for a state like Texas.

Honestly, I don't think legal MJ is anymore. Business cons have advocated it from a "good for the economy" standpoint, older cons have advocated for it from a "I need a pain reliever that isn't an opioid" standpoint, and liberals have advocated for it from a "We believe in freedom" standpoint.

The other two, though? Yeah, leftist positions in the U.S. (and abolishing ice is a FAR-left position).

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hahaha oh shit #5 in Florida passed with huge numbers. Florida is now perma fucked forever. Super-majority for tax increases. fucking incredible.
That's what I'm saying. Florida is going to become the next Kansas. It's going to be a disaster, but hopefully we learn from it. I just know I'm not staying here.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Every amendment save for 1 passed. I voted no on 7 or 8 of them. We are a dumb fucking state.

It really sucks because, somehow, the state has voted down all of Scott and the Florida GOP's bullshit in the past. Of course, we finally fully embrace their agenda, outside of Amendment 4, at the same time Scott takes down Nelson and DeSantis wins.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Honestly, I don't think legal MJ is anymore. Business cons have advocated it from a "good for the economy" standpoint, older cons have advocated for it from a "I need a pain reliever that isn't an opioid" standpoint, and liberals have advocated for it from a "We believe in freedom" standpoint.

The other two, though? Yeah, leftist positions in the U.S. (and abolishing ice is a FAR-left position).
Yeah, you're right. MJ is certainly trending in the right direction. Just will take time as I doubt any court case will come in to legalize it overnight.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Tester pulling ahead, nice !

Still hoping for a Sinema win.

And possibly a Nelson hold, even if that seems far-fetched at this point in time. That'd be 52-48. Absolute best we can hope for now.

Nelson ain't happenin.

I was going to say the same about Sinema, but 600k ballots left to be counted? Mostly from Maricopa? Definitely still in play.

As I said last night: I'd be ecstatic with a 53-47 Senate.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
Yeah, we narrowly avoided the worst case scenario in the Senate. It looks like it will be a 54/46 split, which is unfortunately still probably enough to keep the Senate in Republican control for a few cycles.

The Democrats can flip the Senate in 2020. You guys are being way too pessimistic this morning.

Four states out of Maine, North Carolina, Arizona, Alaska, Iowa, Georgia, Texas, and Montana can be flipped.

Colorado and Alabama cancel each other out as has already been mentioned.

Ortix

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Democrats can flip the Senate in 2020. You guys are being way too pessimistic this morning.

Four states out of Maine, North Carolina, Arizona, Alaska, Iowa, Georgia, Texas, and Montana can be flipped.

Texas is not a state you flip.

Barzul

Oct 25, 2017
Wait FL Gov race is only at a 0.7 gap? State is absofuckinglutely in play in 2020. Miami-Dade and Broward had turn out in the 50-55% range, will be much higher in a presidential cycle, which blows away the panhandle votes.

Oct 25, 2017
I had to google it. Really disappointed that abolishing ice isn't more popular.

Oh, I'm with you on that disappointment. If I were God-King of the USA, I'd abolish ICE and Homeland Security. Wastes of money and abuses of power both, they are.

Yeah, you're right. MJ is certainly trending in the right direction. Just will take time as I doubt any court case will come in to legalize it overnight.

That Jeff Sessions came into the AG job talking some shit about attacking state MJ laws and then didn't do a damned thing about it seems like a harbinger that this issue is firmly something that Americans across the spectrum agree is up to the states at the very least.

And then you look at how a blood red shithole like MO voted re: MJ legalization last night, and you realize that marijuana legalization advocates have done what they needed to do to destigmatize weed in the collective consciousness of Americans.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Testers back in the lead with 2000 votes, some votes left but are coming from Blue counties :)

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
That's what I'm saying. Florida is going to become the next Kansas. It's going to be a disaster, but hopefully we learn from it. I just know I'm not staying here.
That would put the U.S. into a recession if a state the size of FL collapsed like KS did under Brownback. It would be absolutely devastating. But maybe its what FL needs.

Oct 25, 2017
"ROGER STOOOOOONE..."
The-Warriors-Luther-David-Patrick-Kelly-come-out-to-play.png

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so glad the election is over and I can put all my anticipation into Smash
God, I wish I cared about Smash (just not really a big fighting fan or even a Smash fan at this point, just lost interest after Melee since I don't really have anyone to play with, definitely not interested in online or the single-player content, which doesn't leave me with much reason to bother) or Pokémon Let's Go Eevee/Pikachu at all (looks pretty, but just no interest in such a Kanto-heavy experience for the billionth time), so I could get lost in them right now. Just wish that like Gen 8 or something was coming out this year instead so I had something to look forward to. Instead, don't think there's anything really big for me until whenever Animal Crossing Switch comes out. :(

Basileus777

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey

Dems will need 5 seats unless Sinema pulls this out. Colorado, Iowa, North Carolina, Maine, and Arizona are the only real pickup opportunities and the likelihood of running the table on all of them is really small. We're not taking out incumbents in deep red states, sorry.

Barzul

Oct 25, 2017
That would put the U.S. into a recession if a state the size of FL collapsed like KS did under Brownback. It would be absolutely devastating. But maybe its what FL needs.
No medicaid expansion, now requires a super majority to raise taxes and cuts will definitely come to state government programs. It'll be a recipe for disaster I think.

Oct 25, 2017
God, I wish I cared about Smash (just not really a big fighting fan or even a Smash fan at this point, just lost interest after Melee since I don't really have anyone to play with, definitely not interested in online or the single-player content, which doesn't leave me with much reason to bother) or Pokémon Let's Go Eevee/Pikachu at all (looks pretty, but just no interest in such a Kanto-heavy experience for the billionth time), so I could get lost in them right now. Just wish that like Gen 8 or something was coming out this year instead so I had something to look forward to. Instead, don't think there's anything really big for me until whenever Animal Crossing Switch comes out. :(

I'm feeling like where's my fucking Super Mario Odyssey DLC?

(I know, I know, they're just going to put out a full-fledged sequel in two years, but I don't want to wait that long, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme now.)

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Tester has all but won.

Sinema/McSally will probably be unknown until Thursday.

Oct 25, 2017
i can't believe they elected someone as blatantly incompetent and fucking stupid as DeSantis to governor. like trump is a buffoon but he didn't look completely detached on the debate stage like DeSantis did

this state is gonna be fucked

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How does DeSantis differ from Scott?
I think DeSantis is considerably more fiscally conservative judging by how he voted in congress, although idk I guess we haven't seen what Rick Scott will be like in the senate. I think we've also seen that DeSantis is clearly more racist and open about it than Rick Scott.

edit: i meant congress not senate

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
Dems will need 5 seats unless Sinema pulls this out. Colorado, Iowa, North Carolina, Maine, and Arizona are the only real pickup opportunities and the likelihood of running the table on all of them is really small. We're not taking out incumbents in deep red states, sorry.

I was using your 54-46 prediction for the final Senate count. Assuming the Democratic candidate wins the presidency only 4 seats have to be flipped. You only need 50 seats if you control the executive branch.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Orange prick looks pissed, he knows he's in for a miserable two years now because of all the committees.

TerminusFox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm still in shock Joe Manchin not only managed to win, but it wasn't even a "too-close to call", almost called immediately.

What the fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.