• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sexy Fish

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Aaron Blake @AaronBlake

Trump is now calling out Republicans who didn't support him enough and lost.

To Mike Coffman: "Too bad, Mike."

Daniel Dale @ddale8

!!! Trump is mocking defeated Republicans who distanced themselves from him: "Mia Love gave me no love. And she lost. Too bad. Sorry about that, Mia."

No one could have predicted this.

Barzul

Oct 25, 2017
Really think Democrats with their investigations, need to pick and choose. Focus on piercing "the myth of Trump". None of the financial stuff short of Russian state bank wiring millions to his personal account will mean anything. Trump's financial improprieties are in my opinion baked into the electorate. Piercing that myth that he's built might go a long way to demotivating his base in 2020, that and a recession I guess.

Oct 25, 2017
I mentioned it before. It's the Rust Belt areas in the northern half of the state. All Republican now. Brown wins there only because he plays to their protectionist tendencies.

This is also true. Columbus is growing by leaps and bounds but the rest of the state is bleeding out population badly.

Thank you for confirming. My understanding is that OSU is so important that it's driving Columbus's growth and that Columbus is turning bluer by the year, but that the other major OH cities (Cleveland, Cincinnati, Akron) are struggling to retain their youngsters.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
i can't believe they elected someone as blatantly incompetent and fucking stupid as DeSantis to governor. like trump is a buffoon but he didn't look completely detached on the debate stage like DeSantis did

this state is gonna be fucked
What gets me about DeSantis is how much of a fucking whiner he sounds like. How could any Republican voter hear him speak and think, yes, this man has my respect?

Vixdean

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone think 2020 isn't the year where the Democrats should try to expand the map? I say run a campaign that's hyper-focused on holding WI/MI/PA while consolidating the gains in the southwest. If they want to play in places like NC or Arizona, that's fine, but none of this where you spend the last month of the campaign in long shot states. 270 is all that matters.

Oct 25, 2017
No way Gillum didn't get 95% of black women. That exit poll is just blatantly wrong.

What gets me about DeSantis is how much of a fucking whiner he sounds like. How could any Republican voter hear him speak and think, yes, this man has my respect?
He whined on stage the entire time and looked near tears. As un-trumplike as it gets

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for confirming. My understanding is that OSU is so important that it's driving Columbus's growth and that Columbus is turning bluer by the year, but that the other major OH cities (Cleveland, Cincinnati, Akron) are struggling to retain their youngsters.

Correct, though Cincinnati less so. It's not just Ohio State, but Columbus is fostering a nice start up culture that's attracting top talent from the region.

The smaller metros like Dayton, Toledo, Lima and Youngstown have had their economies wrecked badly and are basically one bit of bad news away from near collapse. Cleveland a bit less so, though it's rough there. Metro Cincinnati is seeing some growth as it inches closer to gobbling up Dayton. Most rural areas are losing population as farms and mines close down and opioids remain a problem.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also isn't the Haitian population of Florida not that large? Even if they voted conservatively, which they probably didn't. There's no way it would've affected the black vote by that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.