• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017

Forgot Mitts existed tbh. Or was running.
Imagine being excited to vote for a man who will basically become Jeff Flake 2.0 or simply a ghost.

Alexiell

Oct 25, 2017
Louisiana
So, IF (and it is a fucking if) Sinema and Tester hold on, we are looking at 47-51 currently. Nelson and Scott are probably going to runoff recount which could flip for us and MS special election will probably land hard for R. I choose to be hopeful so best case, 48-52. Not ideal, but it would make the road to a 2020 majority much easier.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Really curious how alternative universe President Rubio would've fared in these midterms without hyped up racists and outsized dem turnout. He also probably would've gotten more awful shit passed in Congress so who knows.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, IF (and it is a fucking if) Sinema and Tester hold on, we are looking at 47-51 currently. Nelson and Scott are probably going to runoff which could flip for us and MS special election will probably land hard for R. I choose to be hopeful so best case, 48-52. Not ideal, but it would make the road to a 2020 majority much easier.
There is no runoff elections in Florida.

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So, IF (and it is a fucking if) Sinema and Tester hold on, we are looking at 47-51 currently. Nelson and Scott are probably going to runoff which could flip for us and MS special election will probably land hard for R. I choose to be hopeful so best case, 48-52. Not ideal, but it would make the road to a 2020 majority much easier.
There are no runoffs.

If Scott is ahead after the recount, that's it.

Oct 25, 2017
Trump shook because he knows his favorite son is getting indicted.
Honestly I wonder if somebody explained to him what losing the House actually means. For all that the President isn't supposed to be an emperor, the GOP controlling everything meant he got to get a lot of what he wanted or was able to zoom in on an individual or two who wronged him (see: him still bitching about the McCain healthcare vote.)

So maybe Somebody had to explain to him today that his agenda is basically a non-starter in the House and the margin is large enough he won't be able to pick a person or two to pin it on.

He sort of hated having to pretend to govern before; finding out it just got worse is hopefully making his life hell.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
Really curious how alternative universe President Rubio would've fared in these midterms without hyped up racists and outsized dem turnout. He also probably would've gotten more awful shit passed in Congress so who knows.
Of course he would have done worse. Any republican would have. The ones that won did so by bowing to the cult of personality.

From an electoral standpoint Trump isn't the worst Republican. He's the best. They'd be lost without him and they even struggle hyping up rural turnout without him hand guiding them on how to do it.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Please tell me he will no longer have his safe space golf retreats every weekend now too?

Imagine Trump being stuck in DC dealing with investigations, legislative deadlock sessions, and actual work without reprieve.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Re: Gillum and exit polls

Those are exit polls. Notoriously unreliable. And how would they point to anything fishy? They aren't actual votes.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
So 53-47 or 54-46, depending on Arizona. Probably the latter.

It sucks about losing those seats but this could also have been worse than GOP +3.

Frankish

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Yeeeeees Tester.

Sinema is alive? I thought she was completely done after reading this thread this morning.

Hopefully Nelson rises from his grave and skewers Voldemort.

Status
Not open for further replies.