• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Hm, are states in what I will call the Libertarian West (AK, MT, NV) the only true purple states in the near future?

(I know, I know, I'm willing to consider FL still purple for now.)

Vixdean

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People look at this and think "he's so unhinged", but I see the same thing folks on left who've actually been in a room with him have said. This is all an act, a controlled and well rehearsed one at that. Yeah, there's ad libbing, but he's consciously playing a character.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Important thread, there's something going on under the surface in the rural areas where GOP margins were down across the board. The polarization worked in the GOP's favor despite this simply because of the way the states and districts are gerrymandered, but there was a real backlash in red areas contributing heavily to the raw House popular vote while not translating into seats-

(I think she's wrong to not take into account polarization, but this gives some nuance as to why the Senate/House turned out the way they did.)

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Who the fuck is going to travel to the swamps of Florida to attack neo nazis

They dont need guns to protect themselves

Ok maybe from eachother if they get go violent from meth

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
What's the status on AZ, FL and GA? Decent chance that a recount/runoff will go our way?

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
People look at this and think "he's so unhinged", but I see the same thing folks on left who've actually been in a room with him have said. This is all an act, a controlled and well rehearsed one at that. Yeah, there's ad libbing, but he's consciously playing a character.

I can buy that some of this is an act, but how is, uh, pretending to not knowing the President of Turkey a good play

Oct 25, 2017

yeah, because "the cruelty is the point" and this is what republicans want and love

DukeBlue

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
What's the status on AZ, FL and GA? Decent chance that a recount/runoff will go our way?
Recount will happen in FL, maybe a runoff in GA but Kemp still has above 50%. In AZ there are still lots of early voting ballots that havent been counted, so Sinema has a chance to pull ahead still

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Really think Democrats with their investigations, need to pick and choose. Focus on piercing "the myth of Trump". None of the financial stuff short of Russian state bank wiring millions to his personal account will mean anything. Trump's financial improprieties are in my opinion baked into the electorate. Piercing that myth that he's built might go a long way to demotivating his base in 2020, that and a recession I guess.
I don't know if that really matters anymore. He's president already. I don't think there are legions of Trump fans who are going to lose heart in 2020 because they find out he's not actually a billionaire. He's already delivering them the wins they care about -- or at least making them feel like he cares about them.

The senate can make life miserable for the Democrats by continuing to push through hack judges and Trump appointees.

McTurtle is petty enough to do it if House Dems persue investigations.
McConnell is going to do that anyway.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Trump was actually able to get people happy with him to turn out for him in a midterm

Obama was not

There must be a way for the next dem president to replicate that

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
He's desperate to make a "winning" narrative. Someone should have asked him about the seven governor seats they lost.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Okay so dream chance that Montanna and Arizona go to the dems and something crazy happens with a recount and that goes to nelson too.

What's the final tally then?

Status
Not open for further replies.