• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/1668763002

Posted this in the other thread but nobody cared. Really this is the problem I have here. Warren never talked with native groups on how to handle this and won't even respond to them after they condemned her stunt. She goes on a whole trip about how much she values her connection with her heritage but won't even talk to them?

Yeah no. Thank U, Next. If your interest in native people only extends to using them to stick it to Donald Trump then I don't know what to say
She clearly did talk to them. But this is sort of like those Bernie quotes this morning. Yes, if you listen to the whole thing (or watch the whole video Warren put up) you'd see that the whole thing isn't nearly as damning as the bits everyone quotes.

But most people aren't going to watch the whole Sanders interview or the entire video Warren posted on Twitter. If you can't convey it well in a few short sentences, that's still a genuine issue.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait to finally celebrate the historic return of Speaker Of The House Nancy Pecongresscongress Today Todaylosi.

PantherLotus

Oct 27, 2017
Flag for you all to consider while we're enjoying this:

[ ] Syria and Afghanistan retreats
[ ] This Trump Supporter Spy Prisoner Thing
[ ] This 'Russia was right to invade Afghanistan' propaganda he just drops out of nowhere

And surely a dozen others. But these three within the past week all tell me not just that Trump is actively pursuing Russian interests, but -- especially with this potential prisoner exchange thing -- he might very well be actively coordinating with Russia and likely Putin himself. This is still somehow mindblowing to me, and I'm comforted very little by the idea that Mueller is surely looking at these exact things.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Today I voted "present" in the vote for Speaker of the House, consistent with my eight-year push for new Democratic leadership. Now that we are back in the majority, I did not vote for a rival candidate because there are none.
I am very excited about the new Democratic majority. Finally, the Republican monopoly on power in Washington is over.
Now, one half of one of the three branches of government will be able to stand up to President Trump when he is wrong.
This is the way America's 200-year-old two-party system of checks and balances is supposed to work: speaking truth to power and competing to help the average voter.
We should use this opportunity to help all Americans have a brighter future. If we do a good job getting America back on track, we will more likely win the White House and a majority-Democratic U.S. Senate in 2020.
I hope our new House leadership will chart a sensible course, and show all of America that we are up to the job.

Mercurial

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
1. boy there sure are a lot of y'all that care about what Native Americans think all of a sudden. not to question your sincerity, because why i would never!, but it sure is weird how much these same people are likely to dismiss token-based objection from a larger minority, say Women or All People of Color, for a similar candidate with similar positions, like, say, Bernie.

2. The real question is what you think of how she eats crackers?

3. Because jesus FUCK that is the exact answer Bernie would've given and it would've (correctly) been lauded for being on message, focused on the economy, and pivoting back to her strong points.

4. By far the most perverse outgrowth of AOC's win is that you all suddenly think that quality memery is like, the fuckin key to national politics. She's great! She has great comebacks! I personally love her and see a bright future for her even if that's wielding liberal power from a safe liberal seat. But my goodness y'all are learning the wrong lessons. What AOC is doing and what Warren are doing, and how they react to things, are and must be different. AOC said it herself when she was describing the positions she was able to take specifically because she's in a safe seat. She's not running for president, and if/when she does, it won't be with hot takes on twitter. C'mon y'all, you know this.

You seem upset, honey.

1. You have me confused for someone who thinks Bernie is a viable candidate for 2020 and you're arguing based on this straw-man. I challenge you to find a single post of mine expressing support for Bernie in that way. I supported him in the 2016 primaries and early-voted for Clinton in the GE.

2. A bullshit insinuation of misogyny based on nothing.

3. See #1.

4. Effectively responding to Trump on social media is a necessary evil thanks to the way the media covers "quality memery". Effectively navigating sensitive issues without handing the opposition free PR wins is another prerequisite. Whether or not one likes those facts is immaterial: they're true all the same.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
The republican side, man quite different when the camera pans

wyndhamprice

Oct 27, 2017
How many Johnsons do you have ?

k6FEz7.gif

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
I like how when a rep votes for someone unexpected, the guy taking the names sounds annoyed, since he has to make a special note

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Rachael Bade @rachaelmbade

John Lewis, the civil rights icon, recenly asked his colleagues NOT to vote for him for speaker. He is a Nancy supporter through and through. Some freshmen were thinking abt calling out his name too ->

Lynn Sweet @lynnsweet​
That was Ron Kind of #Wisconsin voting for Georgia Rep John Kewis for speaker​

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
The shutdown won't go on for months because the IRS won't be able to issue tax refunds and Republicans have a lot of very poor constituents that just take the standard deduction and don't make enough money to have to pay Federal Income Tax. There's no way they are going to let Trump be the cause of this the first year that their increased standard deduction goes into effect.
Republicans have never and will never care about their poor constituents.

Status
Not open for further replies.