• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Look, I don't think our chances of taking the senate back are great in 2020, or 2022, or 2024... but I also think there's a good chance American politics is going to look very different in 2029. Post Trump, who knows what condition the GOP are going to be in? Which states will be swing states? Etc.
The problem is that the nationalization of US politics and the nationalized Southern Strategy predates Trump. This Urban v Rural. diverse vs white supremacist, Survey Corps vs Titans war was coming regardless of if we wanted it.

And the public just doesn't punish people for playing inside baseball. So add the states, it's the right thing to do and the right political thing to do to maintain power and start playing the deck against the GOP.

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Pelosi says the House will vote on legislation to reopen government. All the Dems start clapping. Republican Mark Walker starts clapping for a moment, then realizes he's the only Republican. He transitions the applause into a phone check, looks around to see if anyone noticed.

lmao

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
(It also underlines how we have basically one shot in 2020 to pick up 4 Senate seats and pack the Senate before we're pretty much never winning it again.)
If we do well enough in 2020 we have the Senate for at least four years, possibly six with most of the Republicans' obvious targets in 2024 having already been defeated in 2018.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
The problem is that the nationalization of US politics and the nationalized Southern Strategy predates Trump. This Urban v Rural. diverse vs white supremacist, Survey Corps vs Titans war was coming regardless of if we wanted it.

And the public just doesn't punish people for playing inside baseball. So add the states, it's the right thing to do and the right political thing to do to maintain power and start playing the deck against the GOP.
We definitely need to add Puerto Rico if we get the chance no question there. I just don't think all is lost if we fail to take the senate in 2020. A number of red states are trending purple and I don't see why they won't continue to, you know?

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This looks nothing like Ted Cruz.

It actually looks pretty good now.

Gillibrand's mentioned that one of Cruz's actual good points is on stuff like this, she got him onboard as a cosponsor for her reforms for handling sexual violence in the military. Not that FOSTA/SESTA are anything close to a perfectly handled issue, but he'll play ball there where other GOPers might not.
We definitely need to add Puerto Rico if we get the chance no question there. I just don't think all is lost if we fail to take the senate in 2020. A number of red states are trending purple and I don't see why they won't continue to, you know?
If we win the WH but not the Senate in 2020 we'll lose the house in 2022 and get virtually nothing passed because people are stupid and negative enthusiasm rules all.

Even if the sunbelt comes online the sheer number of empty flyover plains/mountain states is what screws us.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
Proud moment today. I've always admired Nancy Pelosi. Even when I've been disappointed with the party at large, I was never like, "Man if only it wasn't for that meddling Pelosi..."

Oct 27, 2017

Pelosi says the House will vote on legislation to reopen government. All the Dems start clapping. Republican Mark Walker starts clapping for a moment, then realizes he's the only Republican. He transitions the applause into a phone check, looks around to see if anyone noticed.

lmao

"Don't let me catch you being bipartisan!"

Status
Not open for further replies.