• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gaugebozo

Oct 25, 2017
vn7atRo.png
My favorite thing about this is you can't see him in the quoted message until you tap on it. Can we have hidden avatars? This would be perfect.

Oct 26, 2017
Trump probably realizes that Whitaker has been completely nerfed and has zero room to do his bidding. Something must have him scared if he feels the need to get a new AG in there asap.

Barr will get confirmed easily. The question is whether his past statements will cause him to recuse himself but that seems highly unlikely. Honestly Trump should have just picked Barr from the start. There's a chance he might do Trump's bidding and he has establishment credentials.

I'm hoping though that since he did have a legitimate past maybe once he gets in there and sees what Mueller has, he'll get on Team Mueller like Hot Rod.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017

How I responded when they posted this story last night:
[The government's] attorneys in October before Lamberth conceded some errors in the case's handling but said that none amounted to bad faith or lying, that records were searched soon after they were received and that exhaustive reports by the FBI, inspector general and a House panel that investigated the Benghazi attacks settled the matter.
Shitty to revisit this, but since Justice and State are sticking up for their own competence and truthfulness in the matter, and because they view the matter as settled, I don't think it'll turn into another Hillary hunt.

And as the tweet says, the case is about how Justice and State handled the FOIA request, not about Hillary herself necessarily.
Let me fucking guess, a Trump judge?
No, Reagan.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I'm not thrilled but he's also a fairly safe establishment pick.
Someone else mentioned this, but I think it bears repeating: there's a big difference between writing editorials about doing X and actually doing X once you're in a powerful position. We saw this with Whitaker, where he seemingly hasn't done any of the bad stuff he claimed he would, and I'd be surprised if the same isn't true for Barr.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

We will be doing a major Counter Report to the Mueller Report. This should never again be allowed to happen to a future President of the United States!

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
I assume Barr's nomination will be taken up by the new Senate in January because I don't think there's enough time left in this session.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah they're not reopening into Hillary's emails, they're just looking at how the various departments handled it, which also lets them say to the President "Ok Mr. President we're looking into it."

Oct 27, 2017

We will be doing a major Counter Report to the Mueller Report. This should never again be allowed to happen to a future President of the United States!

Perhaps he's been made aware that there will be a series of detailed court filings long before the public ever sees a report from Mueller, if at all.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017

It has been incorrectly reported that Rudy Giuliani and others will not be doing a counter to the Mueller Report. That is Fake News. Already 87 pages done, but obviously cannot complete until we see the final Witch Hunt Report.

It's 87 pages of NO COLLUSION over and over again.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
It's funny how he seems to know what the Mueller report is going to accuse him of before it's actually been released. Almost like that he knows he's committed crimes and that he's guilty as all hell. Hmmm.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Also, the Hillary emails inquiry story was posted last night and didn't make the front page anywhere. It's still not there this morning - on WaPo, NYT, CNN, nowhere. It seems to be pretty much nothing.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
I think Trumps freakout this morning should put to rest any of the remaining holdouts who believed that Mueller report was going to just be some procedural stuff that didn't really accuse Trump of anything. He is fucking SHOOK.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017

People of sound mind would hope that a president like Trump is never elected again.

But this is America.
💁

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I know we've been hearing about Kelly leaving for months... But isn't this the first time that a timeline was given?

I could be wrong, since every day is a deluge of news.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017

That was fast. We usually don't hear about this until months later. Should make for a fun confirmation hearing.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017

That was fast. We usually don't hear about this until months later. Should make for a fun confirmation hearing.

So if Barr is somehow confirmed, which he will be because fuck the senate, then Mueller/Rosenstein are toast.

Thankfully, Mueller is about 10 light years ahead of Trump and far more intelligent to just have his work go up in smoke.

Oct 27, 2017
Someone else mentioned this, but I think it bears repeating: there's a big difference between writing editorials about doing X and actually doing X once you're in a powerful position. We saw this with Whitaker, where he seemingly hasn't done any of the bad stuff he claimed he would, and I'd be surprised if the same isn't true for Barr.
Very very much. Not that I'm thrilled he said that stuff in the first place, nor that I completely trust him, but that talk is real cheap without any professional obligations and gets you free airtime and R cred. So far everyone except fucking Nunes has blanched once they're privy to the real shit.

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017

Any confirmation hearing for any AG nominee was going to include that question, because EVERYONE knows that the only qualification Trump has for any of his nominees is that they should be loyal to him, and not to their office or the Constitution.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Any confirmation hearing for any AG nominee was going to include that question, because EVERYONE knows that the only qualification Trump has for any of his nominees is that they should be loyal to him, and not to their office or the Constitution.
True, but having reporting backing it up makes for a fun addition

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Jeremy Herb @jeremyherb

NEW: George Papadopoulos has been released from prison -- he's expected to travel to DC this weekend with his wife to speak at the conservative American Priority conference

Jake Tapper @jaketapper

CNN: Ex-Donald Trump campaign aide George Papadopoulos has been released from prison after serving a 14-day sentence for lying to investigators about his contact with individuals tied to Russia during the 2016 campaign.

BigMack

Oct 27, 2017
Have yourself
A Mueller little Christmas
Let your cuffs be tight
From now on
There's every reason to indict

Have yourself
All the papers say
From now on
Your crimes will keep you locked away

Here you are in Exhibit A
Old colluding days
Of yore
All your friends who were treasonous
Have revealed to us
Much more

Have yourself
Tweet your last goodbye
Handing down your sentence:
The Central Park Five

Through the years the Trumps will be together
If the state allows
Maybe Hillary will sneak you in a Coke somehow
So have yourself
A Mueller little Christmas now
This was fantastic. Great job! The Exhibit A section was especially creative.

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
We are the point now where you could fill out the entire speaker roster for a 2-3 day conservative conference entirely with people who have done time.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Have yourself
Let your cuffs be tight
From now on
There's every reason to indict

Have yourself
All the papers say
From now on
Your crimes will keep you locked away

Here you are in Exhibit A
Old colluding days
Of yore
All your friends who were treasonous
Have revealed to us
Much more

Have yourself
Tweet your last goodbye
Handing down your sentence:
The Central Park Five

Through the years the Trumps will be together
If the state allows
Maybe Hillary will sneak you in a Coke somehow
So have yourself
A Mueller little Christmas now
<3 Saved.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Sahil Kapur @sahilkapur

Rep. Stephen Lynch (D-Safe Blue Seat), who signed the anti-Pelosi letter, flips and says he'll support her for Speaker.

dt0vwsuu8aa-yjbb3cul.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.