• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Pretty accurate description of the state of our country:

The "you can't indict the President" concept is going to come under serious stress >_<

It's not meant to be that hard: simply remove the president and the problem's solved. The crisis is purely that one political party considers itself above the law. The Constitution was built for this contingency but didn't assume partisanship.

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017
It's not meant to be that hard: simply remove the president and the problem's solved. The crisis is purely that one political party considers itself above the law. The Constitution was built for this contingency but didn't assume partisanship.
That's why it's stupid.

edit: to a certain degree, no constitution can prevent abuse that is condoned by those with the power to enforce. But it seems like leaving this up to impeachment is extra stupid -- do other countries have this sort of loophole?

thefit

Oct 25, 2017

Sahil Kapur @sahilkapur

The only item on Trump's public schedule tomorrow

12:30PM THE PRESIDENT has lunch with the Vice President

Private Dining Room

Kathryn Watson @kathrynw5

The only thing on the president's public schedule tomorrow, as he searches for a new chief of staff, is a 12:30 p.m. closed-press lunch with Pence.

He's gonna fucking let Pence have it LUL.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
He's going to offer pence the presidency

Ladies and gentlemen, the "intellectual" dark web

FatPuppy

Jun 18, 2018
If I needed an organ donation, I don't think it'd ever even occur to me to ask about the donor's race, gender, or anything else.

My only question would be "Is it compatible? If yes, then jam that sucker in there."

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
If I needed an organ donation, I don't think it'd ever even occur to me to ask about the donor's race, gender, or anything else.

My only question would be "Is it compatible? If yes, then jam that sucker in there."

Of course you wouldn't, because race is generally completely immaterial in organ donation. The only reason you would care is if you're an idiot, a racist, or both, like this dumbass.

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
I thought Trump has said numerous times he doesn't want a CoS anymore and wants to do it himself. Yeah...

Oct 28, 2017
I think this dumbass, when push comes to shove, wouldn't be asking where his kidney is coming from. He'd totally be "jam this shit into me" rather than ask "lol doctor is that kidney from a black man because I don't want it if it is, let me give you an hour lecture on why black people kidneys are inferior".

That's the thing with racists. Generally speaking, they don't mind getting help from minorities. They just don't want to help minorities to the point they're willing to shoot themselves in the foot so they don't need to provide help. This whole racial eugenics bullshit is just justification for their support for racial cleansing.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Pretty accurate description of the state of our country:

The "you can't indict the President" concept is going to come under serious stress >_<

Regardless if the crimes got the votes to win, any elected position should be null and void. Imo anyway. Don't know why others see the presidency as a hidden identity game.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Batten down the hatches for the alt right reaction:

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, the newly elected firebrand congresswoman, has revealed for the first time that she has Sephardic Jewish heritage.

The 28-year-old Democrat said her distant ancestors fled the Spanish Inquisition to emigrate to Puerto Rico, where her immediate family roots lived until they moved to New York.

"Generations and generations ago, my family consisted of Sephardic Jews," said Ocasio-Cortez. "So many people practiced Catholism on the exterior but on the interior they continued to practice (Judaism)."

https://forward.com/fast-forward/415690/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-claims-sephardic-jewish-roots/

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
A message from the president

operasnapshot_2018-120lcdo.png

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
First off, Jesus Christ he's an idiot for just outright admitting to a crime in a tweet. Those have been successfully used against him in legal precedings before.

Secondly, that twitch domestic violence thread...yikes. Gaming as a hobby is a trash fire right now.

Deleted member 4274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow... this isn't the first time he's spelled it "smocking". that's how he believes it's spelled. A true idiot...

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
First off, Jesus Christ he's an idiot for just outright admitting to a crime in a tweet. Those have been successfully used against him in legal precedings before.

Secondly, that twitch domestic violence thread...yikes. Gaming as a hobby is a trash fire right now.
It's trash if all you care about is Fortnite. Straight up ruining gaming. Fuck that guy. Great look for gamers — deadbeat dad neglecting his gf/kid while obsessed with his stream, gets pissed off and beats his gf in front of the kid, comes back to his game of shooting at people for views. Great fucking look. Loser

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
What I've learned over the last two years is that no one in America knows what a "smoking gun" is in crime, and appear to think all crime investigation consists of attempting to find "smoking gun".

In short

thatssotrue_3749_1331166173.gif

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

George Conway @gtconway3d

No, the criminal campaign-finance violations were found by professional line prosecutors in a Republican-controlled United States Department of Justice. It looks like a pretty good case. Kudos to them.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
Markets are down everywhere again. Coupled with anaemic WW growth the next recession is a year or two away, at most. Great.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Maggie Haberman @maggieNYT

SDNY is run by a Trump appointee. Trump over two years has tried to claim any opposition is a "Dem" to fit in a false and reductionist prism to delegitimize everyone as simply playing politics.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017

@JohnBrennan
https://twitter.com/JohnBrennan/status/1072104844415119360
Whenever you send out such inane tweets, I take great solace in knowing that you realize how much trouble you are in & how impossible it will be for you to escape American justice. Mostly, I am relieved that you will never have the opportunity to run for public office again.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

....which it was not (but even if it was, it is only a CIVIL CASE, like Obama's - but it was done correctly by a lawyer and there would not even be a fine. Lawyer's liability if he made a mistake, not me). Cohen just trying to get his sentence reduced. WITCH HUNT!

7:24 AM - Dec 10, 2018
https://twitter.com/JohnBrennan/status/1072104844415119360

Status
Not open for further replies.