• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Absent

Oct 26, 2017

Shine resigned from Fox in May 2017. The disclosure form shows he is due bonuses of about $3.5 million in 2018 and 2019. He also received $8.4 million in severance pay when he left the company.
Walter Shaub, former director of the Office of Government Ethics, tweeted in November that Shine may have broken the "extraordinary payment regulation" which disallows federal employees to be paid in excess of $10,000 by a former employer, particularly if that company discovered an employee was being considered for a government position prior to their departure.
Sarah and Shine going to spin this and it's going to be stupid.

Rag

Oct 30, 2017

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017

Let's get back to the real issues, House Dems, like Hillary Clinton's emails.

Their rhetoric is so boring, and so transparent, that I find it sad that it works on people. "America is like, so totally great and heroic and freedom that you shouldn't investigate our political crimes". No real reason given, just generic America fluffing. Might as well say "My tax fraud case just shouldn't be investigated because the red white and blue stars and stripes forever. Support the troops".

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
You know what's weird? How did Nikki Fried end up winning?

I don't understand the ticket splitters for Scott for Senate, DeSantis for governor, but Fried for ag commissioner. Are these people who just couldn't bring themselves to vote for an all-Republican ticket because it would harm their self-imagined ~independent~ brand and decided to toss a bone to a random Dem on that list, or was Fried just that good a candidate/campaigner to stand out in an otherwise very red election?

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017

I don't understand the ticket splitters for Scott for Senate, DeSantis for governor, but Fried for ag commissioner. Are these people who just couldn't bring themselves to vote for an all-Republican ticket because it would harm their self-imagined ~independent~ brand and decided to toss a bone to a random Dem on that list, or was Fried just that good a candidate/campaigner to stand out in an otherwise very red election?
The pots.

Oct 27, 2017

Ayup. What was Caldwell's big plans? Utilize heavy rail to bring back industrial activity to...*checks notes*...South Florida
State-Representative-Matt-Caldwell.jpg

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
Their rhetoric is so boring, and so transparent, that I find it sad that it works on people. "America is like, so totally great and heroic and freedom that you shouldn't investigate our political crimes". No real reason given, just generic America fluffing. Might as well say "My tax fraud case just shouldn't be investigated because the red white and blue stars and stripes forever. Support the troops".

That was his COS interview.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
It took a while, but British politics is officially stupider than American politics this week!

Takuhi

Oct 27, 2017

I'm not sure how Fried campaigned or what her opponent was like. But remember that Nelson lost a lot of votes due to his positioning on the Broward ballot, which didn't affect her. As for why people would split away from Gillum... I'm sure we can all come with some good theories about that. :/

Suiko

Oct 25, 2017
A country has never gotten a bigger lifeline.

I can't even comprehend not taking it.

The bit about being able to just back out of exiting and have everything go back to the way it was?

It took a while, but British politics is officially stupider than American politics this week!

I was just saying this to my brother, it's remarkable they managed to make US politics look functional, at least for a little bit.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017

@thedailybeast
YouTube star PewDiePie promotes channel with anti-Semitic content https://thebea.st/2Ep40XI
3:46 PM - Dec 10, 2018
At the end of a video posted on Sunday that has now amassed over 2 million views, PewDiePie promoted and linked to another account that has repeatedly posted anti-Semitic content, and joked about the death of Heather Heyer during last year's Charlottesville protests. The channel, which goes by the moniker "E;R" has received 15,000 additional subscribers and more than 70,000 new video views since PewDiePie's plug.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say British politics, the stupidity is spread out a lot more

Like everyone in there government is like 20% sillier than an American politician

Trump is like a super nova of stupidity and silliness surrounded by a bunch of stiffs who don't know how to handle it

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
No one should be OK with that - microtargetting people for votes should be illegal in all political races.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I loathe Christie, but he'd probably be the best option on any shortlist for any job in this administration.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017
@mkraju
Hatch dismisses allegations of Trump crimes over hush money.
Asked if he had any concerns, Hatch said: "The Democrats will do anything to hurt this president." Told it was alleged by SDNY, Hatch told me: "Okay but I don't care; all I can say is he's doing a good job as President"
4:38 PM - Dec 10, 2018

@mkraj
Hatch added this when asked if he was concerned about allegations.
"No because I don't think he was involved in crimes but even then, you know, you can make anything a crime under the current laws; if you want to you can blow it way out of proportion you can do a lot of things."
4:40 PM - Dec 10, 2018

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.