• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SwordsmanofS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Who would actually want to be Trump's Chief of Staff? Even his most diehard MAGA dicksuckers can read the news and hear the rumors. Kelly went through Hell during his tenure; his name was respected before he took the job, now his name in many circles is mud. Why bother doing a thankless job that will ultimately destroy your legacy?

Kushner's my odds on favorite to take the job.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017

Obviously Hatch is only saying this because his dementia precludes him from saying the quiet part quiet, but this is clearly what they all think: Trump can not be guilty of crimes because he is a Republican president

Based on Woodward's excerpts Christie is spineless in Trump's presence (as is Rudy). Neither would be good at reigning in the chaos of the WH.

Nobody is going to do that though. This president cannot be reigned in by absolutely anything. So when other contenders are shits like Meadows and Mulvaney, someone like Christie seems like the least bad of the bad options.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017

SwordsmanofS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nobody is going to do that though. This president cannot be reigned in by absolutely anything. So when other contenders are shits like Meadows and Mulvaney, someone like Christie seems like the least bad of the bad options.
The reason you just stated is why I think the people you just mentioned won't take it. They hear the stories- they've all probably interacted with Kelly during his tenure. Why would you willing subject yourself to that, for what amounts to a career dead end if you're Meadows. For Mulvaney and Christie, they can get lobbying and consulting gigs already without having to play babysitter to Trump and eat his shit. What's to gain?

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Tim Ryan still a no, eh? Time to make some calls and write some emails.
Ryan is a true Never Nancy, so make sure your calls indicate that you will be donating to and helping elect a different Democrat to his seat in 2020.

Obviously Hatch is only saying this because his dementia precludes him from saying the quiet part quiet, but this is clearly what they all think: Trump can not be guilty of crimes because he is a Republican president
Yeah, I read those quotes and I just feel pity. He doesn't even sound like he knows where he is most of the time, much less have any valid opinions on anything that's going on.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Watching the NRA crumble because Russia pulled their money and Butina turned on them is going to be amazing. I wouldn't say it'd be worth Trump getting elected, but it would definitely be a positive.

This was the follow-up:

Basically, "Yeah, he committed crimes, but we should just ignore them."

It is starting to set in to all of them that they are going to be thoroughly investigated starting in January. This is their last-ditch attempt at trying to convince democrats not to go through with it, and it's a horrible attempt at that.

Also, Hatch clearly has some dirt on him that they're going to find.

Edit: Oh, dementia? I never even considered that with Hatch. Huh. Guess that could be the case, also.

Last edited:

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Hatch is done come January anyway. Let him talk shit. He will soon have zero influence over anything.

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
Watching the NRA crumble because Russia pulled their money and Butina turned on them is going to be amazing. I wouldn't say it'd be worth Trump getting elected, but it would definitely be a positive.

This was the follow-up:

Basically, "Yeah, he committed crimes, but we should just ignore them."

It is starting to set in to all of them that they are going to be thoroughly investigated starting in January. This is their last-ditch attempt at trying to convince democrats not to go through with it, and it's a horrible attempt at that.

Also, Hatch clearly has some dirt on him that they're going to find.

Edit: Oh, dementia? I never even considered that with Hatch. Huh. Guess that could be the case, also.

Those crimes were committed in the years BT, old testament. In the new age AT those crimes don't matter anymore. He was forgiven of his sins!

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
Reminder that Hatch won his seat originally by being critical of career politicians. He then held that seat for an eternity becoming a career politician.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
Butina is cooperating (!!)

Maria Butina, a 30-year-old Russian gun rights activist who stands accused developing a covert influence operation in the United States, has agreed to plead guilty to conspiracy and cooperate with federal, state and local authorities in any ongoing investigations.

She admits, as part of the deal, according to a copy obtained by ABC News that is expected to be filed to the court, that she and an unnamed "U.S. Person 1," which sources have identified as longtime Republican operative Paul Erickson, with whom she had a multiyear romantic relationship, "agreed and conspired, with a Russian government official ("Russian Official") and at least one other person, for Butina to act in the United States under the direction of Russian Official without prior notification to the Attorney General."
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/mar...ian-agent-reaches-plea-deal/story?id=59719083

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Remember that time he accidentally let it slip that driving down Hillary's poll numbers was the whole reason for the constant Benghazi investigations?

McCarthy is so dumb and it cost him the speakership three years ago.

Yup. It's also the reason I doubt he'll get the top job if he's still around next time GOP wins the majority.

Scalise would've leapfrogged him if the GOP had won this year, I think.

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
If all Putin wants is chaos then Butina revealing the NRA has been funneling money into conservative pockets sure would do it.

Honestly he probably sees the writing on the wall and figures there's no point in continuing the charade past the end of the year anyway. This all worked out a million times better than he could have even hoped anyway.

Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
I tend to agree with PantherLotus that Putin's far from in control. His endeavor to infiltrate the far-left and far-right across the developed world has paid dividends but his power is a paper tiger.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
So what's the deal with the Karen McDougal thing? Did Trump pay for her abortion, or is that still an unsubstantiated rumor?

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
If all Putin wants is chaos then Butina revealing the NRA has been funneling money into conservative pockets sure would do it.

Honestly he probably sees the writing on the wall and figures there's no point in continuing the charade past the end of the year anyway. This all worked out a million times better than he could have even hoped anyway.
He might as well invade Poland.

Oct 27, 2017
Reading stuff like this, I'm never quite if these guys know they're definitely peddling bullshit or if they live in such insulated Fox/Breitbart bubbles that they genuinely spin this.

They're all scared shitless, because the NRA had tendrils in all these folks' offices. This all looks like a suicide pact where the GOP realizes they will all be tarred with dirty, Russian cash unless they all go down with Trump's strategy of 'Deny, Equivocate, Attack, Move On'

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Reading stuff like this, I'm never quite if these guys know they're definitely peddling bullshit or if they live in such insulated Fox/Breitbart bubbles that they genuinely spin this.

It's more their sphere of privilege. You heard what he said, a little fraud is just a due course of business, you pay the fine and move on, still richer for having done the deed. It's the world of white collar crime.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
The GOP is trying to save Trump from the campaign finance violation charges because they're guilty of something similar, too.

They're all guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.