• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Midnight Jon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
0) Banner: come at the queen, you'd best not miss
1) Title's referencing a cartoonishly stupid Trump tweet (but then that literally describes all of them!)
2) We're a month or less from the 2020 hellcycle, where a bunch of old people are eventually gonna lose to a dude with six years of federal legislative experience who swears, plays guitar, and has livestreamed every single room of his house at all times of day
3a) We won 40 House seats and 7 governor's mansions and 350 state legislative seats
3b) The Senate remains garbage forever and should be abolished
4) I'm gonna incorporate parts of Ogodei's OP, because frankly it's embarrassing that I phoned this one in

Your reminder to make you feel good:

47396484_2347781011963333_7653729895834451968_n.jpg

Reminders:
1) This thread isn't a venting ground for ResetEra threads you don't like, that's what the complaining channel on Discord (that no one who isn't already a member can see) is for
2) This thread isn't a Twitter feed or live TV comment feed, provide context (as in tweet text or a video link/some attempt at transcription, respectively) for what you post.
3) Ignore these reminders at your own peril.

Previous threads:

US PoliERA 2018 |OT12| The Moscow Project
US PoliERA 2018 |OT11| The Hunt for Blue November
US PoliERA 2018 |OT10| McConnell is "mule piss"
US PoliERA 2018 |OT9| Next week has been EXHAUSTING
US PoliERA 2018 |OT8| Democrats projected to gain F5 seats
US PoliERA 2018 |OT7| Tell Me The Bad Things That Happened Since I Fell Asleep
US PoliERA 2018 |OT6| An Unmitigated Disaster
US PoliERA 2018 |OT5| A Total Goat Rodeo
US PoliERA 2018 |OT4| Sweetheart, this is Watergate, goodbye!
US PoliERA 2018 |OT3| In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Ryan

US PoliEra 2018 |OT2| Flip, Flip, Flip-a-Gatesia
US PoliEra 2018 |OT| Welcome to the Resistance, the only funded organization in D.C.

US PoliEra 2017 |OT3| This thread was created with a one vote margin
US PoliEra 2017 |OT2| Tinkle Traitor Soldier Spy
US PoliEra 2017 |OT| At least Rand Paul had a lawn to cushion the blow

THE SHADOW REMAINS CAST

Last edited:

BigWeather

Nov 4, 2017
Watching "Thirteen Days" just makes me sad, seeing what real leadership looks like. Heck, just having adults in the room would be a step up.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Renato Mariotti ✔ @renato_mariotti

Watch a woman admit to participating in the #NC09 election fraud scheme on local television.

WSOC-TV: Channel 9 uncovers similarities between absentee ballots in U.S. House District 9 race

BLADEN COUNTY, N.C. - Channel 9 was back in Bladen County, North Carolina Monday, tracking down people involved in the controversy surrounding mail-in-absentee ballots in the U.S. House District 9 election.
The state refused to officially declare Republican Mark Harris the winner over Democrat Dan McCready, looking into potential wrongdoing in the election.
What Channel 9 found appears to be a targeted effort to illegally pick up ballots, in which even the person picking them up had no idea whether those ballots were even delivered to the elections board.
Consistently, Channel 9 found the same people signing as witnesses for the people voting, which is very rare.
Many times, people on that list witnessed ballots together.
Channel 9's political reporter Joe Bruno went door-to-door in Bladen County trying to find out who these people are.
No one answered at Woody Hester's home. James Singletary wasn't home either and Lisa Britt doesn't live at the address she said she did on the ballots.
Bruno then visited Ginger Eason. She told him why her name appeared so many times as a witness.
"I was helping McCrae pick up ballots," Eason said.
Eason said Leslie McCrae Dowless, Jr. paid her $75 to $100 a week to go around and pick up finished absentee ballots.

Oct 27, 2017
It's the new "mood" secret feature of the forum software. It detects moods you're not even aware you're in, then picks a theme based on that.

I don't know

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Watching "Thirteen Days" just makes me sad, seeing what real leadership looks like. Heck, just having adults in the room would be a step up.
Nothing says leadership like almost starting a nuclear war because you're a war mongering idiot trying to out-anti-commie the GOP and then lie about what happened to the american public so you can paint it as a great victory.

A true profile in courage.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
Bayonancy was a toptier shitpost.

Thank you for the ongoing support in these crazy times, era.

Deleted member 2083

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Renato Mariotti ✔ @renato_mariotti

Watch a woman admit to participating in the #NC09 election fraud scheme on local television.

WSOC-TV: Channel 9 uncovers similarities between absentee ballots in U.S. House District 9 race

BLADEN COUNTY, N.C. - Channel 9 was back in Bladen County, North Carolina Monday, tracking down people involved in the controversy surrounding mail-in-absentee ballots in the U.S. House District 9 election.
The state refused to officially declare Republican Mark Harris the winner over Democrat Dan McCready, looking into potential wrongdoing in the election.
What Channel 9 found appears to be a targeted effort to illegally pick up ballots, in which even the person picking them up had no idea whether those ballots were even delivered to the elections board.
Consistently, Channel 9 found the same people signing as witnesses for the people voting, which is very rare.
Many times, people on that list witnessed ballots together.
Channel 9's political reporter Joe Bruno went door-to-door in Bladen County trying to find out who these people are.
No one answered at Woody Hester's home. James Singletary wasn't home either and Lisa Britt doesn't live at the address she said she did on the ballots.
Bruno then visited Ginger Eason. She told him why her name appeared so many times as a witness.
"I was helping McCrae pick up ballots," Eason said.
Eason said Leslie McCrae Dowless, Jr. paid her $75 to $100 a week to go around and pick up finished absentee ballots.

This is absolutely bonkers.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
Well....I'm glad we have a new thread because on the last one whenever I would hit back to go to the previous page it would send me like to the first time I visited the thread after the forum came back up for some reason

why did we do this again

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
The most encouraging thing about 2018 (and, to an extent, 2016) is that we know for a fact that Democrats outnumber Republicans by pretty large margins nationwide. Might not amount to much thanks to the gerrymandering and the Senate being inherently tiled towards the GOP, but it's a comforting thought that Trump's base is actually a small, but vocal, minority.

Box of Kittens

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like at least seven candidates for Chicago mayor are facing challenges to their nominating petitions. It's not clear how many of these will actually strike enough signatures to get the candidate tossed from the ballot, although it seems that Dorothy Brown at least is in serious danger of being disqualified. This ritual is common enough that there are certain lawyers who are known to special in petition challenges. Chicago politics is weird (among other adjectives).

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
Wait. De Blasio is a Red Sox fan?

How the fuck did this dude ever get elected Mayor of New York?

Vector

Feb 28, 2018

I 👏 T 👏 S 👏B👏E👏T👏O

Warren seems to be doing pretty badly for someone with big name recognition whose potential candidacy has been under the microscope for years - a newcomer like Beto beating her in the polls (even if these polls don't really matter) should be worrying to her.

The thing with Warren is that she has the charisma (or lack thereof) and the cadence of a High School teacher - no one gets excited for that.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Warren seems to be doing pretty badly for someone with big name recognition whose potential candidacy has been under the microscope for years - a newcomer like Beto beating her in the polls (even if these polls don't really matter) should be worrying to her.

The thing with Warren is that she has the charisma (or lack thereof) and the cadence of a High School teacher - no one gets excited for that.
she already did pretty badly last month in her own state, she's finished

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017

Idk if it's really just Beto that should be worrying her.

These are mostly name recognition polls but......she was polling around 15% in similar polls last year. In a state right next to MA that always votes for politicians from there in primaries.

She's done. Finished. She has zero excuses. Not only is she behind Beto, shes miles behing Biden and Bernie. Regardless of weather or not they run or whatever she shouldn't even attempt to. She has no base. If she isn't polling in NH now she never will.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.