• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
A day after Wisconsin Republicans approved a package of bills intended to restrict the powers of incoming Democratic leaders, Republican lawmakers in Michigan advanced a similar effort despite an outcry from Democrats.

The Michigan state Senate voted on Thursday to strip the power to oversee campaign finance from the newly elected Democratic secretary of state, Jocelyn Benson, instead handing the authority to a bipartisan commission.

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1O5289

But but procedure and civility!

2020 after the election is going to awful

2020 after the election Nancy will still hold the gavel so the GOP can't repeat that (plus the filibuster in the Senate).

Though they'll last minute push through some noxious judges.

Aug 1, 2018
Something is dropping soon...

Tomorrow is gonna be somethin else

tenor.gif

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017

Is it getting hot in here or is it just me?

He's pretty ranty tonight. Honestly it's hard to tell sometimes whether he's in a mood because he's been told something is happening, or if he's worked himself into a froth simply from watching Fox coverage.

It's kind of incredible that the right is still laser-focused on the fucking dossier and Carter Page FISA warrants as their only defenses against the Russia investigation.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Just a reminder how fucked up it is that Trump is doing this "enemy of the people" shit.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Would be curious what time the bomb threat call came in, and if Trump was briefed on it before making his "enemy of the people" tweet.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, the special counsel allows you to make things up without any evidence. That's totally how it works you dumbass.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
I look forward to waking up to 10 pages to catch up on tomorrow afternoon.

I tend to go to bed about now, and my work blocks Era so I don't get back on until a few minutes on my phone waiting for the train right after work, or maybe a few minutes more waiting for my apartment shuttle beyond that.

10 pages in that span of time (from about 11 PM Eastern to 4:30 Eastern, or 17.5 hours) is normal. It's when you see 20 that you know something happened, and less than 10 is a no-news-at-all day.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Trump raging like this is a strong indicator of a good day tomorrow. Fantastic.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
Imagine if Obama had tweeted about fake news and an hour later there was a bomb scare at the FOX studios? Like, I know the answer, but it's proof that we're still finding brand new ways the presidency can still disappoint.

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017

While it seems odd, maybe the reason is that Trump can't strategize with these members of his administration because he'd basically have to admit crimes to them.

Trump: "They're gonna say I did X, so.."
Official: "Wait... you did X?!"

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
This isn't allegations of racism in your apartments in 1973, you can't settle here while admitting no wrongdoing. Good luck.

He can sit back in the comfort of knowing the Senate will never convict, though. Then resign in the lame duck session and get Pence to cover his ass or something (granting that this won't stop the noose from NYAG).

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
A furry called out Republicans at TGA. How much pearl clutching are we going to get out of this?

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
He's pretty ranty tonight. Honestly it's hard to tell sometimes whether he's in a mood because he's been told something is happening, or if he's worked himself into a froth simply from watching Fox coverage.

It's kind of incredible that the right is still laser-focused on the fucking dossier and Carter Page FISA warrants as their only defenses against the Russia investigation.

You know, the things that HAVE BEEN PROVEN 100% TRUE SO FAR, ONE EVEN BY NUNES' ADMITTAL.

It's like the meetings with these PR flak groups are them just going all-in on that one manufactured strat and all legit angles and the failure of that one manufactured strat is ignored.

Maybe if he could block the post-Bardock lvl 3 mix-up with SOME consistancy he could stay!

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
By % of seats up, I think dems had a better pickup ratio in the senate, actually. And FL was effectively handed over for free. At least FL dems retook the crown of worst state party away from WI dems.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017

While it seems odd, maybe the reason is that Trump can't strategize with these members of his administration because he'd basically have to admit crimes to them.

I was just reading an article today (Newsweek?) that was making fun of Rudy for continually pushing back and shortening the projected length of his response, which was originally bragged about being 100+ pages.

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood

"It's like, 'Jesus, take the wheel,'" one source said, "but scarier."
This quote got me fucking rolling lol

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
He's just repeating tired Sean Hannity talking points. Hannity brings up the same topic everyday just adds or removes a thing or two. It's amazing how these so called legal experts on FOX keep convincing Trump that they somehow have insight into the Mueller investigation when even his actual counsel doesn't. What a moron.

Status
Not open for further replies.