• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Hello and welcome to the hottest game in Washington, DC:

tenor.gif

The game to determine the fate of the nation! Our fast-fingered competitors have to flip their targets in time for the 2018 midterm elections:

The competitors:

-1x-1.jpg

Robert Mueller III and his Justice League.

They've done some good work thus far, getting plea deals out of former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn, Trump campaign adviser George Papadopoulos, and recently former Trump campaign adviser Rick Gates.

Who's next? Join us as we follow this exciting competition!

tumblr_p4damfs4ZP1w1thsvo1_540.jpg

Before this game, we played:

US PoliEra 2018 |OT| Welcome to the Resistance, the only funded organization in D.C.

US PoliEra 2017 |OT3| This thread was created with a one vote margin

US PoliEra 2017 |OT2| Tinkle Traitor Soldier Spy

US PoliEra 2017 |OT| At least Rand Paul had a lawn to cushion the blow

What is past is the beforetimes, which we do not speak of.

Last edited:

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Is this a real OT or are folks just gonna continue posting in the old one

I don't wanna get attached

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like this thread title because it reminds me that the Eagles defeating the Trump Boys in Super Bowl LII was the first win of the 2018 Blue Wave

Chumley

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think we hear within two weeks that Manafort flipped, and then shit goes completely crazy.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nunes is the guy who stays blindly faithful to Trump and never flips, only to get betrayed by the man himself in the final act.

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Whoo! New thread. We now know that without a threat from management, most of us are happy to just sit around and let the train run off the tracks.

From the old thread:

I'm actually really surprised that the LA Times is breaking this story. I wonder if it has anything to do with changes that have happened as a result of their new owner. Hopefully it means we have another viable newspaper doing valuable investigative work.

From this article:
The same individual said he did not believe Gates has information to offer Mueller's team that would "turn the screws on Trump.''

So it looks like Gates doesn't have anything specifically on Trump, so this is a slow, methodical way to work on flipping Manafort. But regardless, it's also another step in exposing Russia's money trail, so even if it doesn't have to do with Trump specifically, it's still valuable to do.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think you'll be able to get anything pointing directly to Trump until you start getting people like Jr, Kushner, and Sessions.

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
Going after Jr or Kushner is basically the end of the investigation since nobody will be able to stop Trump from interfering at that point.

Oct 25, 2017
What's the hottest new club in DC? It's called Under the Bus, and it's very dark, industrial metal, covered with soft tissue and gore. The tires are always spinning, and the song "Wheels on the Bus Go Round & Round" plays like a haunted melody.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Going after Jr or Kushner is basically the end of the investigation since nobody will be able to stop Trump from interfering at that point.
Nah. Trump's gonna let them get to Jared because that gives him an opening to make a move on Ivanka.

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
I never thought about it, but isn't bringing the nuclear football with you overseas and in foreign countries a security risk?

Oct 27, 2017
What's the hottest new club in DC? It's called Under the Bus, and it's very dark, industrial metal, covered with soft tissue and gore. The tires are always spinning, and the song "Wheels on the Bus Go Round & Round" plays like a haunted melody.

okayokayokay... *exhales*... if you're looking for a place to hunker down during the wee hours of Fox and Friends, look no further. DC's hottest club is called Squoorrrshhhkk! Located at the bottom of a water trap on the 13th hole in Potomac Falls, this club has. It. All. Tires, wires, fires, flips, whips, furies, grand juries, a vat of spilled beans, a Keebler elf, Dan Cortese,.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
If Republicans see data that indicates a blue wave coming their way, would they be more willing to at least give some compromises on gun control?

Deleted member 3082

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Idk there is something in the air this time. For some reason this last shooting was different. The discussion has changed, Ive seen social media blowing up over this in a much different way. The survivors are fighting back strong. There will be a CNN live townhall with them. They are planning Nationwide school walkout protests as well as Marches for gun control. It may not bring immediate change but the discussion has changed compared to the general attitude beforehand. I say its a positive sign that "moderates" are changing their stance on gun control especially when there are many pro-gun democrats.

I'm a few hours and an OT change late to this, but I agree. I feel like two things are substantially different now; the first is political while the second is historical. I would also say a third element is that Social Media has exploded and allows kids to communicate and mobilize in a way they couldn't before, but that one doesn't really need explaining.

TL;DR: unpopular NRA-backed politicians in total control + huge increase in school shootings = something is different.

First, we have a very unpopular (especially among the young,one poll last year put him at 25% approval among 18- to 29-year-olds) very outspoken President who received $30m from the NRA and at last April's Embarrassingly Tiny Dick NRA meeting in Atlanta,said "You came through for me, and I am going to come through for you" and "I will never, ever infringe on the right of the people to keep and bear arms."

We also have a Republican-controlled Senate and House dripping with NRA blood money. In the House, 95 of the top 100 recipients of NRA money are Republican while in the Senate, every single Democrat comes in behind all but one Republican. The NRA itself ranks politicians based on how they vote; of 51 Republican senators, only three are ranked lower than an A- by the NRA; only 9 Democrats rank higher than an F. None of which is new, mind you, since the NRA has been backing Republicans for ages, but this is the first time since 2007 they've been in complete control (and before that you have to go back to Eisenhower).

So that's the first part. The second is the uptick in school shootings and deaths (data pulled from Wikipedia). In the 70s and 80s you had 30 and 39 incidents, respectively. In the 90s and 00s it essentially doubled to 64 per decade. In this decade (and we're not done yet) we've had 133 (counting up to this week). In terms of death and injuries, we've gone from 34 in the 70s to 160 deaths in the current decade (again, counting up to this week). This is just schools, mind you.

While Trump only owns a year of this decade, at least Obama tried to work on gun control legislation. Apart from a narrow window in 2009-11 (during which he had a lot on his plate considering the recession), Republicans were in control of Congress so what he couldn't issue via EOs was blocked (and Trump set about reversing those EOs almost immediately).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.