• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Boston, I wonder how this will go over

Honestly I don't think anyone has passionate feelings towards the Yawkeys. Especially if it becomes "Pedro Place" or something.

I believe the proposal was to change it back to the original name, Jersey Street.

The only people vehemently opposed to changing the name were the Yawkeys, running full page ads in the local papers claiming he wasn't racist. Came off as really desperate.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
We have hit rock bottom (for now)

I mean seriously! Could you imagine this tweet being real 2 years ago?

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I believe the proposal was to change it back to the original name, Jersey Street.

The only people vehemently opposed to changing the name were the Yawkeys, running full page ads in the local papers claiming he wasn't racist. Came off as really desperate.

Yeah, I did see the bit about Jersey Street in another article.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Not too bright:
Joe Perticone @JoePerticone

Hardaway (Diamond) says "We've never been paid by the Trump campaign" in response to Sheila Jackson Lee

11:44 AM - Apr 26, 2018

And earlier:
Oliver Darcy @oliverdarcy

Rochelle Richardson of Diamond & Silk answers "yes" when asked if they were "blocked" on Facebook. (They weren't.)

11:26 AM - Apr 26, 2018
Oliver Darcy @oliverdarcy

"Facebook censored us for 6 months," Lynnette Hardaway of @DiamondandSilk repeatedly claims under oath.

11:30 AM - Apr 26, 2018

Last edited:

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Whoopsie daisy

Based on the number I have a feeling they were reimbursed by the campaign for travel or something and are playing semantics.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Lying to congress only has punishment if you're the opposition party, of course.

And you have the majority.

So it's okay to be a Republican and lie to a Republican congress as you're fine.

And Democrats won't/can't do anything right now.

But if you are a Democrat and lie to congress...

Whew boy

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So isnt there a Cohen hearing happening right now? Should be extra entertaining as they are already using the Presidents words from this morning.

Abstrusity

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand what kind of case you'd have here. Facebook can block and remove people from its platform because they're a corporation, corporations are people, and they have free speech as people. :^)

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
Someone should have told Diamond and Silk that you can only get away with blatantly lying to Congress if you are white. This is going to bite them in ass.
So isnt there a Cohen hearing happening right now? Should be extra entertaining as they are already using the Presidents words from this morning.
They already used the words against Cohen.

Box of Kittens

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
PPP polled a bunch of GOP-held congressional districts, on behalf of Patriot Majority PAC. In each case they find the Republican incumbent ahead, although the margins vary from 1 to 12.

AR-2: Hill (R-inc) 47, Tucker (D) 42
FL-16: Buchanan (R-inc) 49, Shapiro (D) 37
IL-12: Bost (R-inc) 44, Kelly (D) 39
IL-13: Davis (R-inc) 45, Londrigan (D) 42
IL-14: Hultgren (R-inc) 45, Underwood (D) 41
MI-8: Bishop (R-inc) 46, Slotkin (D) 41
NC-9: Pittenger (R-inc) 42, McCready (D) 37
NC-13: Budd (R-inc) 43, Manning (D) 40
NJ-3: MacArthur (R-inc) 42, Kim (D) 41
OH-1: Chabot (R-inc) 43, Pureval (D) 42
VA-2: Taylor (R-inc) 48, Luria (D) 42
WA-5: McMorris-Rodgers (R-inc) 48, Brown (D) 45

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017

Barbara S Jones is the special master for the case.
https://bracewell.com/people/barbara-s-jones

Prior to her U.S. District Judge nomination in 1995 by President Bill Clinton, she served as Chief Assistant to Robert M. Morgenthau, then-District Attorney of New York County. Previously, she was an Assistant U.S. Attorney in the Southern District of New York, where she served as the chief of the Organized Crime Strike Force Unit. Judge Jones has served as an adjunct assistant professor at Fordham Law School and New York University School of Law. Judge Jones also chaired the Response Systems to Adult Sexual Assault Crimes Panel, created by Congress in the National Defense Authorization Act for 2013, aimed at assessing the investigation, prosecution, and adjudication of sexual assaults in the military. The panel issued a report to Congress in June 2014 with 132 recommendations to the Department of Defense.

I can feel the rage tweet coming

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
PPP polled a bunch of GOP-held congressional districts, on behalf of Patriot Majority PAC. In each case they find the Republican incumbent ahead, although the margins vary from 1 to 12.

AR-2: Hill (R-inc) 47, Tucker (D) 42
FL-16: Buchanan (R-inc) 49, Shapiro (D) 37
IL-12: Bost (R-inc) 44, Kelly (D) 39
IL-13: Davis (R-inc) 45, Londrigan (D) 42
IL-14: Hultgren (R-inc) 45, Underwood (D) 41
MI-8: Bishop (R-inc) 46, Slotkin (D) 41
NC-9: Pittenger (R-inc) 42, McCready (D) 37
NC-13: Budd (R-inc) 43, Manning (D) 40
NJ-3: MacArthur (R-inc) 42, Kim (D) 41
OH-1: Chabot (R-inc) 43, Pureval (D) 42
VA-2: Taylor (R-inc) 48, Luria (D) 42
WA-5: McMorris-Rodgers (R-inc) 48, Brown (D) 45