• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Midnight Jon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio

Daniel Dale‏ @ddale8
Transcript of my exclusive interview with @ArmsControlWonk

Dd-J-bjU8AAZ3dA.jpg:large

Remember that you're able to unplug from this shit if your mental health calls for it, and to count your blessings that somehow, as of 5/25/2018, Rod Rosenstein is still employed.

The next federal special election: TX-27 (former representative Blake Farenthold, resigned due to sexual harassment payout scandal; Cook PVI R+13), on June 30th

Next state primaries: Alabama, California, Iowa, Mississippi, Montana, New Jersey, New Mexico, South Dakota, all on June 5th

Previous threads:
US PoliERA 2018 |OT4| Sweetheart, this is Watergate, goodbye!
US PoliERA 2018 |OT3| In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Ryan

US PoliEra 2018 |OT2| Flip, Flip, Flip-a-Gatesia
US PoliEra 2018 |OT| Welcome to the Resistance, the only funded organization in D.C.

US PoliEra 2017 |OT3| This thread was created with a one vote margin
US PoliEra 2017 |OT2| Tinkle Traitor Soldier Spy
US PoliEra 2017 |OT| At least Rand Paul had a lawn to cushion the blow

Last edited:

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
It appears that IPSOS fixed their shit because their latest poll has the Dem +7 on the Generic Ballot.

I doubt we'll get an OT thread over it though.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
So my mum gets very upset watching MSNBC saying that the Mueller investigation is done?

Where is she getting this from?

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Where is the policy update notice so I can ignore it and just hit accept?

Do we not have a post count per thread feature here?

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
That reminder to unplug for mental health reasons is pretty important. Every day has been a living hell for me lately. I count on some oppo droppo hopium to get me through the bad days and I count on good days at work to get me through the horrifying days here.

Shit is like a slot machine. I pull the handle every day hoping for Oppo, and most days I lose.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
That reminder to unplug for mental health reasons is pretty important. Every day has been a living hell for me lately. I count on some oppo droppo hopium to get me through the bad days and I count on good days at work to get me through the horrifying days here.

Shit is like a slot machine. I pull the handle every day hoping for Oppo, and most days I lose.

We all are putting that same gun to our heads everyday. Do I risk sanity to stay informed? Can I really handle watching decency, respect, and rationale erode in real-time because I refuse to put my head in the sand?

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
I actually can't wait until candidates start running again early next year. I need some actual political throwdowns to be happening.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
What was Obama's reasoning for not pardoning that boxer, anyway?

I hate that it gives the right even more political brownie points to attack Obama with, as if they didn't already have infinity + 1.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
I actually unwind from American politics by reading about British politics - equally frustrating, but in a much more abstract way since their policies have no effect on me.

Side note: despite the shitshow we have now, Democrats seem to be in a much better position than Labour in the UK.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I spend too much time refreshing these threads for those *fireemoji* Twitter scoops.

giphy.gif

Deleted member 6223

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The news about children being separated from their parents by Trump's policies has taken its toll on me.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Overheard in a bar in Winthrop, WA today :

"So you admit Trump lies to the media. So what are you gonna say if you find out he lied to YOU about all this bullshit?"

"Well I do believe he ain't lying to us, but if it turned out he lied to me I'd respect the hell out of him for bein able to fool me that good. That'd just prove he's a genius - which is what I been trying to tell you the whole time."

"Jesus fuckin christ, Pete, you are exactly the reason this dumbshit ain't been in debtor's jail for the last thirty years."

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
We all are putting that same gun to our heads everyday. Do I risk sanity to stay informed? Can I really handle watching decency, respect, and rationale erode in real-time because I refuse to put my head in the sand?
This is key when trying to stay abreast of relevant developments.

The news about children being separated from their parents by Trump's policies has taken its toll on me.
Likely best to take a break before you begin processing the possible fates of ~2,000 children they have lost track of.

Oct 26, 2017
Posting for sub.

The thread titles are getting worse and worse. We're not too far off from US PoliERA 2018 | OT7 | Call Surgeon General C. Everett Koop. Koop, Koop, a-doop

Deleted member 6223

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is key when trying to stay abreast of relevant developments.

Likely best to take a break before you begin processing the possible fates of ~2,000 children they have lost track of.
I can't say too much here but what's currently happening has hit close to home so it's hard not to think of all the kids affected even moreso after that. But yeah, good advice nonetheless. Thanks.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I had to share this because shit's hilarious and a damn good impersonation.

Jupiter IV

Jan 6, 2018
Holy shit you guys move Fast. Do you guys go straight to the latest reply or read through everything?

I don't post much but I try to read everything. I also check quite a few times a day so it's not usually too much to get through for me. Not as fast as those Pokémon Switch speculation threads though, jesus that goes fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.