• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry Sarah, the press do in fact count as people too. Also, you clearly don't respect my intelligence either with this tweet.
Very well said, I hope you tweeted this at her silly ass.
ufdup.png

Totakeke

Oct 25, 2017
Snark-like typing detected? In all seriousness she's a simple sort. I believe she genuinely thinks she's a respectful person. Her problem is the same one ultimately shared by Trump himself, every last one of his voters, and arguably the root cause of every major issue in this country of the last twenty years. . .

She uses denial as a coping mechanism.

She deserves zero empathy. You don't stay in such a high pressure job simply by being ignorant.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Trump reverses another Obama era policy. This one now allows for the hunting of Alaskan bears ans wolves.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
I am a little uncomfortable with this not serving Trump people or treating them rudely in public...

It gives the right even more ammo to say the left is militant and rude and disrespectful.

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I am a little uncomfortable with this not serving Trump people or treating them rudely in public...

It gives the right even more ammo to say the left is militant and rude and disrespectful.
Who the fuck cares? The President is riding around with a dude who mocked a disable girl who was separated from her family.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Eating at Mexican places in DC is completely deliberate because they're trying to "trigger the libs."

And it's fine, the reaction of "f you" is completely deserved.

Deleted member 14887

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

She works for an administration that is ripping families apart at the southern border and yet people worry about where denying service to said people will lead too.....

hom3land

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand. They are fine when a bakery denies service to gays. But get butt hurt when it's them being denied? Seems they'd champion restaurants denying them.

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017

I can kind of see what you are saying here, kind of the "they go low, we go high" thing, but honestly, I am almost out of fucks to give at this point regarding "civility". I have always taken great pains to be civil in my discourse with those who differ in their politics with myself, but the shit we are seeing with Trump and conservatives now is and has been beyond the pale for far too long. The right has been and will always claim all sorts of things about the left - all they need is some random on Twitter or Facebook to say something even mildly critical about the right and they all collectively clutch their pearls. Meanwhile, they have taken the level of discourse so low you would need advanced drilling technology to reach the depths they have taken it. Honestly, I am not all that thrilled with the notion of kicking people out of a restaurant simply because of their political beliefs, but I am completely down with the idea that people who lie constantly, demonize entire racial/ethnic groups, implement terrible policies, and a whole host of other things I do not have time or inclination to list, should face consequences for their choices.

dragonchild

Oct 26, 2017
She deserves zero empathy. You don't stay in such a high pressure job simply by being ignorant.
I didn't say anything in that regard one way or the other. She's doing a horrible thing but it's a behavior that's endemic to American culture at this point. Feel free to judge her but I'm just saying she's as much a mere symptom of a nationwide disease as Trump. It's got to stop but I can't even imagine how it's possible when over half the country is seriously addicted to denial. FFS it's gotta be ten times worse than the opioid crisis.

Sexy Fish

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

They need to know that their positions and views aren't going to be tolerated everywhere and elicit a strong reaction. They've been separating fucking children. Decorum can fuck right off with the Golden Rule, too.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017

Being a racist is not a protected class. If a customer walks up wearing an SS outfit, should they serve that person?

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand. They are fine when a bakery denies service to gays. But get butt hurt when it's them being denied? Seems they'd champion restaurants denying them.

"Do as I say, not what I do because it's my right to be a bigot and a shitty human begin, but as soon as you do it, you're a liberal elitist who hates freedom and are trampling the constitution."

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
Remember how stupid it sounded when Bari Weiss said that people being mean to her made her more likely to agree with the Alt-Right?

Always did laugh at that spurious argument. "You know, that liberal calling me a bitch really did make me question whether or not those calling for a white ethnostate in America might be on to something."

Totakeke

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't say anything in that regard one way or the other. She's doing a horrible thing but it's a behavior that's endemic to American culture at this point. Feel free to judge her but I'm just saying she's as much a mere symptom of a nationwide disease as Trump. It's got to stop but I can't even imagine how it's possible when over half the country is seriously addicted to denial. FFS it's gotta be ten times worse than the opioid crisis.

It's nice you have a pet theory, but I am saying that your theory doesn't apply when it's a high pressure job. It's a million times easier to get away with being ignorant when you're not challenged on it everyday.

Necrovex

Oct 25, 2017
For Colorado voters, I'm currently debating between voting for Polis and Kennedy for the governor race. I like both candidates. but Kennedy is edging out for me partly due to her blunt of the race being focused on education. But I'm truly not sure, I could go either way right now for Polis or Kennedy. Any thoughts on this race? I'm also amenable to Johnston if someone wants to argue for him. The hard part is most of these Democrats are similar in policies (with Polis slightly showing to be the most progressive out of the bunch).

dragonchild

Oct 26, 2017
It's nice you have a pet theory, but I am saying that your theory doesn't apply when it's a high pressure job. It's a million times easier to get away with being ignorant when you're not challenged on it everyday.
I have seen people take denial to amazing extremes well beyond the point of delusion or even incoherence just to avoid the slightest introspection. I have absolutely no reason to doubt a Trump crony can't take it as far as she has, though not without cost. You can't just shut off empathy so she seems to be cracking.

Still, as much as it's a pet theory the one thing you can't use to debunk it with is indignant disbelief. We're just swapping speculation at this point.

Totakeke

Oct 25, 2017
I have seen people take denial to amazing extremes well beyond the point of delusion or even incoherence just to avoid the slightest introspection. I have absolutely no reason to doubt a Trump crony can't take it as far as she has, though not without cost. You can't just shut off empathy so she seems to be cracking.

Still, as much as it's a pet theory the one thing you can't use to debunk it with is indignant disbelief. We're just swapping speculation at this point.

Must be nice having a theory that can't be debunked. I'm sure you'll survive pretty well in this day and age.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe they'll be more introspective if they can't even go to a store without being called an asshole.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami

You're displaying concern for a group that aches to be offended so badly so they can "whatabout" that when their bait doesn't work they just make up outrage instead. Why are you bothering exactly?
Truly a Simpsons gif for everything.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Yes. Please come to Pittsburgh to stan for that milquetoast bigot Rothfus. Especially right now as we are having daily protests against the shooting of an unarmed teen and rallying against child interment camps.

Those protests were nuts. They wouldn't let people get off the exit.

That cop is such a fucking idiot.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
I just don't see Rothfus beating Lamb in this environment, and given that the district's only R+3 and comprises some of the ancestrally Democratic areas that helped Lamb win, Trump's endorsement probably won't help.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
I just don't see Rothfus beating Lamb in this environment, and given that the district's only R+3 and comprises some of the ancestrally Democratic areas that helped Lamb win, Trump's endorsement probably won't help.

Rothfus' district is now that "Pittsburgh North Hills" one that's north Allegheny plus Beaver, right? I'm curious as to how there's any overlap between that district and the old PA-18, which was Washington/Green focused.

Lo-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
New Yawk City!

They'd say that anyway. They'll say it about anyone who isn't them. Obama supporters had to watch some of these right-wingers walk around with nooses for effigies after the 2008 election. They're the same people who'd act with malicious and discriminatory intent when serving black people, brown people, people speaking another language, or queer members of their communities.

So let's stop thinking what some of these people think.

Status
Not open for further replies.