• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Rothfus' district is now that "Pittsburgh North Hills" one that's north Allegheny plus Beaver, right? I'm curious as to how there's any overlap between that district and the old PA-18, which was Washington/Green focused.
I got some maps confused.

But still, the circumstances don't look good for Rothfus.

Oct 26, 2017
I am a little uncomfortable with this not serving Trump people or treating them rudely in public...

It gives the right even more ammo to say the left is militant and rude and disrespectful.

I'm normally big on maintaining cordial discourse but this was totally justified. The restaurant owner isn't targeting a class of people or even all Trump voters. This is specific to people who work in administration that willfully separated over 2,000 children from their parents with no competent system in place to reunify them. And Sarah Sanders in particular was part of the propaganda effort to say what the administration was doing was just and biblical. She's just as complicit as all the rest.

Sarah Sanders and others in administration act like it's just a "game". They think they can lie and enact policies that destroy thousands of lives during the day and then just go home after work and pretend everything is okay and that they're just like every other family. But what Sarah Sanders and others need to realize is that if they're going to lie and destroy people's lives during the day, they forfeit their right to be treated as an everyday American. It's not a game. Acting without any ethics and behaving completely immoral has consequences.

Sarah Sanders is trying to turn into an "Us" vs. "Them" fight by pulling all Trump voters and Republicans into it. But it's actually just specifically about her and the administration.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
1934.jpg
A+ avatar quote game

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
I got some maps confused.

But still, the circumstances don't look good for Rothfus.

I wasn't criticizing, I'm honestly confused myself as to how Lamb could run in the old PA-18 and is now running in Rothfus' district, which I'm pretty sure is that one above Pittsburgh (because otherwise that district would have no incumbent).

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
I only recently watched Chamber of Secrets. I nearly shit myself when I saw your avatar.
We did a Harry Potter-themed pub crawl in Minneapolis a few years ago and I cosplayed as Colin Creevey for it. One of the bouncers even gave me props for going as someone more "obscure" (although everyone still recognized me anyway).

Oct 25, 2017
My chef and I counted after the ICE restaurant raids in Cleveland and if you took out all the immigrants the only people left in back of house would be me, the pastry chef, and 2 pastry cooks. Front of house fares slightly better with 3 managers and a handful of servers.
Yeah. Don't serve these assholes. Restaurants are one of the industries that heavily benefit from immigrants as staff.

Oct 28, 2017
I am a little uncomfortable with this not serving Trump people or treating them rudely in public...

It gives the right even more ammo to say the left is militant and rude and disrespectful.
You're uncomfortable by people responding to the daily heineous shit thats being served by people like for instance Sanders? The lies and deceit, the contempt and complete disregard for large swaths of the population? No my man, people are entitled to their reaction. It's all they have right now.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
I have my fingers crossed that Turkey will at least deny Tayyip a parliamentary majority. Such a beautiful country with so much potential. This democratic backslide with Erdogan has been so difficult to watch.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm uncomfortable that Trump supporters in general haven't been shamed and isolated more in public. Just targeting the direct flunkies of the administration like Sanders isn't enough.

Oct 25, 2017
But uncle Jim aunt Shirley my MOM my bro

To some degree, I have sympathy because I'm black, so my family hates Trump to a person. I don't have to deal with people that I personally love being garbage human beings.

On the other hand, people who do have family like this sort of have a responsibility to challenge them and, if necessary, shame them. Shame is a good way to get people to act in ways they wouldn't otherwise do so.

Even if you don't want to do that to your family members, you can still do this in general for other Trump voters, like if you own a business in a blue district and have the chance and the safety to tell Trump voters not to bother stopping by. And no one in that district should pearl-clutch about it, either.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
I too concern troll for the self brownie points.

Not concern trolling, thanks.

I think I am just one of those folks that never likes to rock the boat and don't really speak up or out

Personally, I wouldn't have done it because I am too much of a chicken to stand up. Good on the owner for being brave enough to do so.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
I have my fingers crossed that Turkey will at least deny Tayyip a parliamentary majority. Such a beautiful country with so much potential. This democratic backslide with Erdogan has been so difficult to watch.

The Kamalist legacy has been one of fighting democracy to preserve liberalism at various times throughout their history. That's the murky thing about Erdogan who is more democratic (as far as we know, as you've said he hasn't been put to the test yet, but that's how he and his movement bills itself) but less liberal than the Kamalists. It's kind of like the paradox of the Arab Winter in Egypt but with a country with a stronger tradition of rule of law to begin with.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Kamalist legacy has been one of fighting democracy to preserve liberalism at various times throughout their history. That's the murky thing about Erdogan who is more democratic (as far as we know, as you've said he hasn't been put to the test yet, but that's how he and his movement bills itself) but less liberal than the Kamalists. It's kind of like the paradox of the Arab Winter in Egypt but with a country with a stronger tradition of rule of law to begin with.
Religious fundamentalism and liberal democracy do not mix well. You have to build illiberalism into your systems to deal with it, but theirs collapsed under the weight of the problem there.

Oct 26, 2017
These videos are giving me life. Republicans everywhere being harassed out of public places. Locking children in concentration camps sure broke it all. They don't deserve to ever have a peaceful public moment ever again.
and its going to get worse, especially if they push through the repeal of aca and pre exist conditons.

lets make sure that republicans can not set foot into the public. they are traitors to america, to humanity.

fuck the gop

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
midterms are gonna be a disaster, can't even imagine 2020. Just talking about the intensity and rhetoric at that point. I mean twitter right now is like perusing a mental ward.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
midterms are gonna be a disaster, can't even imagine 2020. Just talking about the intensity and rhetoric at that point. I mean twitter right now is like perusing a mental ward.
Many Republicans know it's going to be bad for them, but they're likely downplaying it, thinking they'll still hold onto the House and Senate. They don't allow themselves to consider "losing", even in their heads. But the clueless ones who believe the Trump hyperbole and are expecting some kind of red wave election, boy oh boy are they gonna have a nasty day in November.

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

"I explained that the restaurant has certain standards that I feel it has to uphold, such as honesty, and compassion, and cooperation. I said, 'I'd like to ask you to leave.'"

"We just felt there are moments in time when people need to live their convictions. This appeared to be one."

Shout out to this lady

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Since I recall people talking about it feeling competitive recently, the West Virginia race with Ojeda got added to the DCCC's Red to Blue list. I guess they agree.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
How much longer til the GOP tries to pass a bill protecting Republicans from getting harassed in public lol

Status
Not open for further replies.