• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

McMahon

Banned
May 24, 2018
Los Angeles
Many Republicans know it's going to be bad for them, but they're likely downplaying it, thinking they'll still hold onto the House and Senate. They don't allow themselves to consider "losing", even in their heads. But the clueless ones who believe the Trump hyperbole and are expecting some kind of red wave election, boy oh boy are they gonna have a nasty day in November.
It'll be like Karl Rove 2008 all over again. Please let it be that.

Claire Delune

10 Years in the Making
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Seattle Area
I can't tell if this Red Wave nonsense is something he believes, or something he's selling to marks. Or, probably more likely, it's something that started as the latter and will at some point become the former, if it hasn't already.

Then he'll scream about how the Dems only won through "unpresidented voter fraud" due to millions upon millions of illegal immigrants voting because he can't have his wall to keep them out. Then we can look forward to him refusing to cooperate with any Congressional hearings or investigations because he won't recognize the legitimacy of Phony Congress. And remaining GOP still won't push back because they have to worry about appeasing their voting base in 2020 when it's been boiled down to nothing but racist sociopaths untethered from reality who will turn on anyone who dares speak against their good emperor.

Cvie

Oct 25, 2017
I can't tell if this Red Wave nonsense is something he believes, or something he's selling to marks. Or, probably more likely, it's something that started as the latter and will at some point become the former, if it hasn't already.
100% it's just him hearing blue wave so no he has to say red wave to counter, same thing happened last weekend or the weekend before (trumps insanity warps my perspective of time) when he all of a sudden started using the word unconstitutional in every second tweet

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
The "Red Wave" they keep talking about is the bloodbath which will occur when the GOP is hit by the incoming Blue Tsunami.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how this immigration stuff is gonna shake out. Immigration has always been messy, but Trump screaming about the border since his campaign has turned everything up to 11 and the child situation lit the match. So now you have a lot of the regular immigration practices coming to light and people are seeing it as a travesty that needs fixing. Combine that with the Zero Tolerance, which will end up with probably the largest recent camps we've had with people in them and who knows what's going down.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant

Yup, it's the third one. It's some combination of his dementia and his Narcissistic Personality Disorder. He wasn't always completely stupid and still has some good ideas in the vein of a man who built his life selling snake oil, but the problem is that he cons himself with his own ideas and forgets where he was going with it in the beginning anyway. Like there's a smart part of his brain that's he himself on TV, and the dumb part of his brain that's the armchair red-cap watching the man on TV and believing everything TV man says.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017

Then he'll scream about how the Dems only won through "unpresidented voter fraud" due to millions upon millions of illegal immigrants voting because he can't have his wall to keep them out. Then we can look forward to him refusing to cooperate with any Congressional hearings or investigations because he won't recognize the legitimacy of Phony Congress. And remaining GOP still won't push back because they have to worry about appeasing their voting base in 2020 when it's been boiled down to nothing but racist sociopaths untethered from reality who will turn on anyone who dares speak against their good emperor.
It is at once nonsense, and also something he believes. He communicates only in hyperbole and "I am the most/biggest". He can't simply say the expected blue wave won't be as strong as people think, he has to claim it will literally be the complete opposite, despite that making zero sense. Most likely he doesn't even know what a wave election even is.
He sort of believes his own hyperbole, but also just postures with it to act "strong" in his mind for his supporters. The mind of an idiot can be a hard thing to figure out.

Long and the short of it: It starts as "no u!" and morphs into genuine belief.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Think about it like this. Telling the GOP to drop the immigration issue until after the red wave, sure makes me think he believes it.
I mean he said that less than 24 hours after telling the GOP he wanted them to pass the bill. He has no consistent opinions. They have a half-life of about 40 minutes.

WarioFan63

Oct 25, 2017
IL
Some conservative cartoonists also seem to think a Blue wave isn't happening. Although they're more interested in playing down the Blue Wave than saying a Red Wave is on the way.

tumblr_p242e2uyju1rr5t33o1_640.jpg
tumblr_p98zspHBNH1r8kiyko1_500.jpg
tumblr_p8tw8fsk4l1r8kiyko1_1280.jpg

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Trump talking about wacky Jacky and pocahontas in Nevada, this will be great.

I think he recycled wacky.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Avenatti wouldn't release anything until Monday. Weekend dumps don't do maximum damage.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Trump talking about wacky Jacky and pocahontas in Nevada, this will be great.

I think he recycled wacky.
When he just resorts to "the most basic word that rhymes with their name", it's aggressively lame and obvious he's just saying it because he thinks making up nicknames is his trademark or something. I doubt he even knows what Jacky Rosen looks like.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Every time you see a healthcare increase, that's Obamacare.

Then he says they gutted Obamacare, and then again if their costs go up it's the Dems fault.

War Peaceman

Oct 28, 2017
When he just resorts to "the most basic word that rhymes with their name", it's aggressively lame and obvious he's just saying it because he thinks making up nicknames is his trademark or something. I doubt he even knows what Jacky Rosen looks like.

I still cringe when I think of the thinkpieces analysing his nicknames.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
At least Sinema should be safe.

I guess he could try Burstin' Kyrsten.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
We could actually win three statewide races in Florida if things go well.
Here's a candidate list so far:
https://ballotpedia.org/Florida_Attorney_General_election,_2018

Democrats

Potential: Jack Seiler, mayor of Fort Lauderdale[3]

Republicans

Frank White is bashing Ashley Moody because she was registered as a Democrat... in the 90s... as a teenager.

NOTE: Original post before editing had a link to Wiki... which had an outdated list with no declared Dems.

Abstrusity

Oct 27, 2017
LinkuraMember

We could actually win three statewide races in Florida if things go well.
Here's a candidate list so far:
https://ballotpedia.org/Florida_Attorney_General_election,_2018

Democrats

Potential: Jack Seiler, mayor of Fort Lauderdale[3]

Republicans

Frank White is bashing Ashley Moody because she was registered as a Democrat... in the 90s... as a teenager.

NOTE: Original post before editing had a link to Wiki... which had an outdated list with no declared Dems.
Democrat... in the 90s... as a teenager.
Yeah, Republicans tend to go by the "one drop rule" f o r s o m e r e a s o n.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.