• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Midnight Jon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
This title is quoting a Trump tweet that I refuse to link to, and will probably be changed between #5000 and #10000.

The media's clutching their pearls because Maxine Waters violated the Beltway Code of Pretending to be Civil a day after some restaurant in rural Virginia denied service to Sarah Huckabee. Immigrant kids are still getting locked up in haphazardly built tent cities (and in a goddamn semi-arid climate to boot) because we've gotta protect our borders from the scourge of low crime. Donald Trump has inexplicably still not keeled over from an aneurysm.

If any of these things make you want to disconnect for a bit, feel free. If any of these things just make you more pissed off, then it's time to volunteer some more!

The next federal special election: TX-27 (former representative Blake Farenthold, resigned due to sexual harassment payout scandal; Cook PVI R+13), on June 30th

Next state primaries: Colorado, Maryland, Mississippi runoffs (D Sen, R MS-3), NY federal, Oklahoma, South Carolina runoffs (Gov, AG GOP; SC-4 both parties), Utah

Previous threads:
US PoliERA 2015 |OT5| A Total Goat Rodeo
US PoliERA 2018 |OT4| Sweetheart, this is Watergate, goodbye!
US PoliERA 2018 |OT3| In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Ryan

US PoliEra 2018 |OT2| Flip, Flip, Flip-a-Gatesia
US PoliEra 2018 |OT| Welcome to the Resistance, the only funded organization in D.C.

US PoliEra 2017 |OT3| This thread was created with a one vote margin
US PoliEra 2017 |OT2| Tinkle Traitor Soldier Spy
US PoliEra 2017 |OT| At least Rand Paul had a lawn to cushion the blow

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Thread title describes how my fourth of July is going to go this year. I got a bottle of prime Scotch whisky, a Bob's Burgers recipe, and nothing but time (because the day before is a work day, and the day after is a work day).

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Fucking shit fuck Nazi child abusing fuckers.

Thats about as civil as I can manage, and more civil than they deserve.

Oct 28, 2017
That CNN Newsroom tweet has the worst like/comment ratio I have ever seen. Currently at 1.3k comments and 100 likes.

As I previously said, no one but DC policy wonks and shitty media pundits are buying decorum anymore. If you're not stuck on Capitol Hill or the mainstream media, you're probably woke like Jeffrey Lewis (nuclear weapons/North Korea expert) who said this nice thing about decorum:
Civility discourse is about avoiding the substance of a claim by criticizing its form, like rejecting a complaint because the paper isn't white or you didn't sign in blue ink. Don't fall for it.

The sooner the Democratic Party gets the idea that decorum and civility are toast, the better.

Last edited:

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Contestant01.gif

I'm here to shit post. Civilly.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Liberals should be more like those civil young statue enthusiasts in Charlottesville. They had a permit to be there after all.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh no, guys. My comments on a friend's Facebook posts led to one of their friends asking to friend me because of shared liberal values so I accepted but now I've got shared TYT posts all over my news feed. Halp!

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
I see they doubled down on this civility shit while I was on self-imposed exile.

They have no other choice - if civil disobedience and "confronting" are allowed, then the resistance will move wholesale from marching to just refusing service and impromptu sit-ins. The Trump administration's last bulwark is to make people think that civil disobedience and harsh words go against the liberal ideal of "equality for all".

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Personally I'm not going to attend a single cookout, BBQ, whatever function on the 3rd or 4th because I don't want to give anyone the impression that I'm in any way supportive of this country.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
I hate the fact that the 4th is on a Wednesday. Like, why? Right in the middle of the week. I feel bad taking three days off in a row. I'm afraid to fall too far behind at work.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
I saw some movie in theaters recently where the trailer for The First Purge ran, and halfway through the psychologist who came up with the purge is like "what have I done?!" And i jerryseinfeldimdone.gif'ed all the way home.
I guess what always confused me about those movies is how the first thing everyone goes to is "I'm going to murder everyone I see."

Like dude I would be robbing every bank in town and looting Best Buy and shit. Then next year I'd go nuts with white collar crime with my newfound wealth and prosperity.

Or you know, just stay inside and lock the doors.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
I want to see a Democratic candidate say fuck on a nationally televised debate.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
It seemed funny when the last one came out. But now, seriously. It does seem like a civic duty to support this film franchise rather than celebrating this country.

20180625_230525.jpg

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the way Chuck and Nancy handled the Maxine Waters thing is down to them trying to play to the press and maybe overdoing it. Dems, as a group, get punished pretty heavily by the Beltway insiders club for shows of bravado and passion and generally anything other than acting like hall monitors. So the minority leaders moving to distance the party as a whole in an effort to try and cut the oxygen out of the story makes a lot of sense. Waters can definitely take it, so I'm not sure much concrete harm was done, either.

That said, the way folks are reacting pretty clearly shows that they overdid it, as far as the base is concerned, so they should probably do something ASAP to correct that. Show of solidarity with Waters on something relatively innocuous.

And Schumer should probably go just for the hardline pro-Israel thing. Dude hasn't been that effective either, though there was a period I was hoping his status as "exactly the dude whose approval Trump desperately craves" would get us some stuff.

That's got nothing to do with the Waters fiasco tho.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
And Schumer should probably go just for the hardline pro-Israel thing. Dude hasn't been that effective either, though there was a period I was hoping his status as "exactly the dude whose approval Trump desperately craves" would get us some stuff.
If we could be assured that Chuck and Nancy would be the last ones to have his ear, it would.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017

"The relaxed atmosphere is an ideal setting for Sean to get to know his guests as they discuss everything from the media to marriage," the pitch states. "They might even tangle over the merits of making your bed or the value of a great point guard."

The Times reported that Debar-Mercury, the syndicator of major daytime series like "The Wendy Williams" show and "Family Feud," is co-producing the pilot with Pilgrim Media Group.
So it'll be hot garbage from a couple companies known for producing hot garbage? Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.