• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Will Roger Stone tattoo a picture of Trump on his butt?

Read this and try not to have your brain fall out:

v2fLWEQb_nYzKws84XSw2jpC45c4AjtV-N5TUZWrInzA01bd7t_ekpScS6UIis3zVGLfbpfkbaQ1qY0ikkZ1N0VM=s200

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
Considering Pence does absolutely nothing on a day to day basis, I'm surprised Trump hasn't installed him to sit in the senate every day so they can try to get anything done. I'd love to see it on record that Pence had to tiebreak what would normally be a unanimous consent vote to end early some random afternoon. And yes I know that wouldn't solve the issues on committee, but it's better than nothing from Trump's perspective.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Considering Pence does absolutely nothing on a day to day basis, I'm surprised Trump hasn't installed him to sit in the senate every day so they can try to get anything done. I'd love to see it on record that Pence had to tiebreak what would normally be a unanimous consent vote to end early some random afternoon. And yes I know that wouldn't solve the issues on committee, but it's better than nothing from Trump's perspective.

He can't even tie-break though, right? He'd need Flake and McCain.
If I was a spinless jellyfish like Flake who hated Trump but didn't have the guts to openly fight him, I'd just stay on vacation until my term was up. I wonder if that's what he's doing?

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
He can't even tie-break though, right? He'd need Flake and McCain.
If I was a spinless jellyfish like Flake who hated Trump but didn't have the guts to openly fight him, I'd just stay on vacation until my term was up. I wonder if that's what he's doing?
i think it's 49-49 with Arizona absent, no? flake is just disproportionately crippling to judicial nominations because he's on the judiciary committee?

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You guys shouldn't have faith in Flake to do the right thing. He will be back to push through all the Republican garbage before he leaves office. Probably he will show up this week in Washington.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if there's a 5th amendment case where you were pardoned for federal crimes but tried again for state crimes. Could you be compelled to testify against yourself because you lost 5th amendment protection for federal crimes, even if that testimony would be damning for you to go down for state laws?
Your right against self incrimination would only go away if there's no way to incriminate yourself by testifying. Like if you were pardoned for a crime that can only be charged federally, or you can't be charged for it again at the state level because of double jeopardy laws.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
You guys shouldn't have faith in Flake to do the right thing. He will be back to push through all the Republican garbage before he leaves office. Probably he will show up this week in Washington.

I don't. it would be hilarious if he fucks everything up, but I'm sure he will be back to help Yertle ruin the country for decades.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt Nixon was involved with money laundering either

Eh maybe. One of the first attempts to investigate Watergate (and really the sketchiest part of the whole thing) was about the cash the burglars had which had been smuggled to them from donors to CRP.

There's no telling what all Nixon knew, and it's clear he wasn't doing it necessarily for financial gain, but tons of sketchy cash was involved in the whole thing.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Flake coming back to vote and squash it just like McCain did the ACA repeal would be hilarious.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Is Flake *really* still in Africa? I know it's been a minute since we've seen him but it's not like he's got a cloud of paparazzi following him everywhere.

Checking his Twitter, the last Definitely in Africa post was from the 3rd, so idk.

Deleted member 3082

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She knows damn well what his views are, just like every last boot-licking Republican knows damn well what Trump stands for. Nobody in politics who isn't a complete moron (and I know it's Chemtrail Kelli, but still) has anyone in their orbit, never mind on a fucking bus tour, who's an unknown quantity. She either agrees with his views or is comfortable enough not to mind them, at the very least seeing it as the cost of doing business and getting elected. But there's no way in hell she doesn't know.

I don't supposed they called her on that?

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Brennan said he had "marveled at the majesty of the Hajj" while CIA chief in Saudi Arabia, not, as far as I can tell, that it was one of the most beautiful things he ever saw. The racist far right has long promoted a lie that Brennan is a secret Muslim.

TIL this was a thing.

Lucky Forward

Oct 27, 2017

TIL this was a thing.

I wonder if they're referring to the intelligence officer the Washington Post wrote about and who was depicted in Zero Dark Thirty, and concluding it was Brennan.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1790885/trivia
This movie depicts a high-level CIA official (known in the film as "The Wolf" and played by Fredric Lehne) as a devout Muslim. This corresponds with a March 24, 2012, Washington Post article titled "At CIA, a Convert to Islam Leads the Terrorism Hunt," which (pseudonymously) profiles "Roger," the chief of the CIA's Counterterrorism Center, and identifies him as an adult convert to Islam.

Status
Not open for further replies.