• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
Lot to do about Collins vote when she's done her best to signal that she's A OK with slamming that yes button but ok.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/aug/22/donald-trump-jr-slams-elizabeth-warren-mollie-tibb/

Fuck you, Trump Jr. He suddenly seems to deeply care about the death of this woman, infinitely more than he has cared about any of the hundreds of people murdered in school shootings, or any other situation. I wonder why? What a mystery. Transparent fucker.

None of these ghouls care about the pregnant wife and two daughters murdered by their white husband/father in CO. Can't put my finger on why...

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
If you had a time machine, of course you wouldn't vote for Hillary again. We know how this timeline ends! Might as well take a chance on a timeline that we don't know what happens.

Why are we going back in a time machine to change a vote? One vote won't matter!

You go back and book a specific hotel room in Moscow, buy a tiny camera snake and a drill.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
False.

DZ2vetbU0AE4fQM.jpg:large

Even more realistically, climate change represents a perfect opening for capitalism. Scarcity, rapid swings in value of property, it's a world of ratcheting cruelty.

Avinash117

Oct 25, 2017
Whether it's true or not, the fact that W gave many people this impression, including college educated people and suburban women is why he won those elections.

The GOP was polling terribly during the 90s with those groups after losing their minds in 92 and scrambling throwing everything at the wall to try and reclaim power. Many thought they were actively racist and sexist but Bush sort of calmed the wave a bit for moderates and swing voters (and also thanks to Bill for being a fucking pig)

It's also why I think during this midterm we can capitalize on their bad numbers with suburbs, women and college educated voters, we should be careful because the right republicans can come along and flip people right back. I know it's unlikely but if someone like Nikki Haley came it would change the map right back.

I say it is hard to flip them back after Trump. A large chunk of Republicans will still be somewhat trumpian and those Republicans are more and more openly bigoted and racist. It hard for them to recover even if Republicans get those 'compassionate' conservatives. Those types aren't racist and bigoted enough to get the support from other Trump like Republicans which will likely still be significant.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Even more realistically, climate change represents a perfect opening for capitalism. Scarcity, rapid swings in value of property, it's a world of ratcheting cruelty.

Farm-raised sushi for the rich, cricket flour energy bars for everyone else!

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
My favorite political story ever: Nixon's mother knocked doors for Barry Goldwater instead of her own son, and when asked about the "New Nixon," she replied, "Really? I've never known someone to change so little."

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Hey, look, Russia's now wading into vaccines now.

Uhh, sure, I guess? Interesting indeed. The farm must be bored or something.

They do realize that legitimizing anti-vaxxers puts Russia in danger too, right?

Russia is also struggling with the results of "family values" sexual education (and fear of the Western World's Gay Agenda) which -- surprise, surprise -- has led to a rising incidence of STDs:

https://www.avert.org/professionals/hiv-around-world/eastern-europe-central-asia/russia

• Unlike most countries, Russia's HIV epidemic is growing, with the rate of new infections rising by between 10 and 15% each year. It is estimated that over 250 people become infected with HIV every day.
  • The continued shift away from progressive policies towards socially conservative legislation is a barrier to implementing HIV prevention and treatment.
  • Russia has the highest number of people who inject drugs in the region (1.8 million) - about 2.3% of the adult population.

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of post-9/11 Muslim bashing, Texas GOoPers are lining up for a good 'ole fashioned purifying.

'Bigotry has no place in our party.' Republicans disgusted by Tarrant Muslim controversy
Disgusted. Embarrassed. Disappointed.

These were among the words many used to describe their reaction this week to an effort by some Republicans to take "our party back" and remove a top Tarrant County Republican official because he's Muslim.

"Why I left the Republican Party," Kay Porter tweeted. "Embarrassing."

The Star-Telegram reported Tuesday that posts on social media — and requests sent directly to Tarrant County Republican Party Chairman Darl Easton — called for Dr. Shahid Shafi, a Southlake councilman, to be removed from the post of vice chairman of the local Republican Party.
https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/article217128590.html

Oct 25, 2017
My favorite political story ever: Nixon's mother knocked doors for Barry Goldwater instead of her own son, and when asked about the "New Nixon," she replied, "Really? I've never known someone to change so little."

Especially funny considering that Nixon thought that his mother was a perfect, beautiful angel.

This probably explains at least some of Nixon's self-hatred.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Good luck in prison Alex Ramos, I'm sure that the Nazis there will welcome your whole "I'm a Puerto Rican white supremacist" thing with open arms.
Much has been made about the men who showed up to support at a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville. Ramos said that he attended the event for one specific reason. "I was there because, pretty much, I'm a conservative ... there were some non-racist members who were going to a free speech rally."

Well, he's right, he's a conservative. The difference is he acted out what most conservatives just dream about.

Watch one of his last videos, it's good entertainment knowing where he ends up
https://youtu.be/ZvBXKX-Q8K8

Last edited:

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Waiting for Republicans to concoct a scheme where they try to rent out every Lyft in town so Democrats can't vote

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The treatment of Muslims after 9/11 is an excellent example, so thank you for that. The reason the State/Federal differentiation matters is because Federal courts are different in fundamental ways. For example Federal Sentencing is gennerally more fair to defendants and the Federal bail system is infinitely better than the incredibly shitty system that states use.

I don't have a problem with the practice in general, I think when handled correctly co-operation agreements are an important tool to properly administer Justice. Like anything they can be abused. Bail is another good example, there are times when bail is a necessary component for Justice, but the way it is handled at the State level is currently insanely discriminatory. I wouldn't have a problem with reforms that created more oversight and fairness, but I think the idea of getting rid of plea deals and co-operation is untenable.
I look at it the other way around.
I think the practice of going for super harsh punishment you wouldn't have otherwise in order to coerce people is bad, and morally, the punishment we administer should not really hinge heavily on whether or not you have some information regarding some other case, especially when you consider the reasons why most people are reluctant to testify.

I am however not dogmatic, so I don't have huge problem with such tools being in the Trump investigation (much like I don't have huge issues with how the feds shat all over the constitutions to crush the KKK), but it's important to remember that much like our justice system as a whole, it's mostly turned toward poor people where such tactics are especially destructive,

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017
http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/403235-fox-news-poll-obamacare-is-more-popular-than-gop-tax-law

Fox News survey, approval numbers:

Republican tax cuts of 2017: 40/41
Obamacare: 51/44

Also,

i3b78xh.png

There's certainly some sexism at play but I'd bet the difference in calls for ousting for Pelosi and Schumer scales more closely with name recognition (and Pelosi's increased name recognition and time in the spotlight could certainly be from sexism). I'm not sure it's so much "I don't like Pelosi but I like Schumer" -- more likely "who's Schumer again?"

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
Well, he's right, he's a conservative. The difference is he acted out what most conservatives just dream about.

Watch one of his last videos, it's good entertainment knowing where he ends up
https://youtu.be/ZvBXKX-Q8K8

"There were some non racist members there too!"

So tell me again, why you were caught on tape almost beating a black man to death?

"Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh."

Waiting for Republicans to concoct a scheme where they try to rent out every Lyft in town so Democrats can't vote

They're not that smart, what they'll probably do is try to pay Uber drivers to block the roads to the polls but then they'll get caught after 10 minutes and they'll get kicked out of the cars.

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017
And the reason people don't know Schumer as well is tied into the GOP deliberately using women (Hillary, Pelosi, Warren) as attack targets because they know it's easier to stick attacks to women.
Yeah I definitely think that's a big part of it: "(and Pelosi's increased name recognition and time in the spotlight could certainly be from sexism)"

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
It's kind of crazy how much we spend on prisoners per year. Give me 20k I could live quite nicely for a year here in Phoenix if I didn't burden myself with bills.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
Ahh I remember when Lindsey was the person they would tow out whenever they wanted to make it look like Republicans actually had some decency but how quickly he went full MAGA. Interesting that the deeper Trump goes the deeper some of these people are going.

Masks are slipping off now, one by one by one...

Can we fucking PLEASE get rid of lobbyist?!

These people are fucking dumb.

"Well, we have to after he fucked our markets raw this year!"

Also for the latter, NDA people they have on or the CNN people who keep booking them?

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 22490

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Guys, if you want to post a tweet thread then post the first tweet and indicate it's part of a thread, or just post the article it's summarizing. Posting almost entire tweet threads takes up a lot of screen space and can be disruptive. If you want to post a tweet of any kind you can, but we'd appreciate a little bit of your own commentary to go along with it.
Gotcha bossmang

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017

Democrats have exceeded 2016 turnout in 293 AZ precincts; Republicans, only 2.

Low Republican turnout still has a small potential to doom McSally, though probably not with Chemtrail and Arpaio splitting the vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.