• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
You know what. I don't think anyone would give a shit if he drank when he was 17 or 18 even if it wasn't legal. The problem is lying it. Who GIVES A FLYING FUCK if a 17 year old had a beer or two? Seriously? "Yes Senator when I was 17 I did have a few beers, I regret it now and recognize it as a mistake of my youth.... DONE AND DONE...

What 17 year old hasn't tried alcohol?? I know I had a beer or two when I was 16 and the drinking age back home was 18.. Its not a big deal, everyone has done it.

I was just trying to figure out whether he broke the law by drinking in a bar in 1985 in Connecticut.

That's all.

We all know he perjured himself like 20 times or more last Thursday. That's not a youthful 'indiscretion'.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
What 17 year old hasn't tried alcohol?? I know I had a beer or two when I was 16 and the drinking age back home was 18.. Its not a big deal, everyone has done it.

My reasoning was that - 1) it's a bit different having a couple beers underage and getting into a bar brawl while underage, and 2) fuck it, bury him whatever way imaginable.

I was wrong regardless, so...

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It was a complicated time. For example, when I was in early high school the drinking age in Ohio was 18 for 3.2% beer. Then they ditched the 3.2% for regular beer but raised the age to 19. Then raised again in 1986 to 21. So in other words the drinking age for beer in Ohio was raised twice in the 80s.

If you know Kav's birthday (February 12, 1965) and the state the bar was in (Connecticut) you can figure it out here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._history_of_alcohol_minimum_purchase_age_by_state

Your map really doesn't matter as it wasn't legal for him to drink even 3.2 beer when he was 17.

The issue isnt "how big of a deal it was" to be drinking at 17, it's that's he openly lying about it.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Your map really doesn't matter as it wasn't legal for him to drink even 3.2 beer when he was 17.

Again, we were talking about the bar incident in college. We all know he was drinking illegally in high school.

If anyone here thinks I'm a Kavanaugh defender you have misread me greatly. I don't just want his confirmation to implode, I want him impeached and removed from the judiciary.

Vestal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa FL
I was just trying to figure out whether he broke the law by drinking in a bar in 1985 in Connecticut.

That's all.

We all know he perjured himself like 20 times or more last Thursday. That's not a youthful 'indiscretion'.

My reasoning was that - 1) it's a bit different having a couple beers underage and getting into a bar brawl while underage, and 2) fuck it, bury him whatever way imaginable.

I was wrong regardless, so...

I don't mean to jump on either of you. I just feel that the whole drinking age thing was SUCH AN EASY FUCKING LAYUP for him and his team to simply say, OH HI YEAH I DID I WAS YOUNG AND STUPID. Like any other ordinary person, instead of putting up this facade of a Choirboy.

Oct 27, 2017
Ari Melber was the first and most consistent journalist to call out Comey for his public statement on Clinton, right from the start. But, different strokes I guess.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
One of the real tragedies thanks to Kavanaugh is that he killed the one of the best titles we've ever had across two forums.

wLrJJQM.png

I finally named a thread and it was gone in moments. Such is 2018.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This probably happened at Yale, so what was the drinking age in MA?

We figured it out above. He was legal to drink in CT bars when this happened. Unlike his high school drinking, and unlike all his perjuries.

Sounds like he was drunk and disorderly though, which is illegal practically everywhere but rarely enforced against children of privilege.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
This FBI report is going to be fucking BRUTAL Kavanaugh.

"Yeah he committed perjury over 150 times. Now let's get into the certifiable sexual assault."

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mean to jump on either of you. I just feel that the whole drinking age thing was SUCH AN EASY FUCKING LAYUP for him and his team to simply say, OH HI YEAH I DID I WAS YOUNG AND STUPID. Like any other ordinary person, instead of putting up this facade of a Choirboy.

Totally agreed. Hell, I think he could have even gone so far as to say, "I made a lot of mistakes as a young man, as any young person does. And some of those mistakes wouldn't have been considered a problem in those times. But I did not (commit assault/sexually harm someone/whathaveyou".

Like, it's not hard to manipulate people but it does involve sometimes swallowing some pride. But these motherfuckers are basically comprised of pride, racism, sexism, and air.

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, so he thought he was starting a fight with the lead singer from UB40? Wow.
I guess that explains the Clinton conspiracy theory. Dude is just addled.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, so he thought he was starting a fight with the lead singer from UB40? Wow.
I guess that explains the Clinton conspiracy theory. Dude is just addled.

No, it was after he realized the guy wasn't. Brett "I like beer. I still like beer" Kavynaw would never disrespect the venerable....Ali Campbell. Or Robin Campbell? I don't know much about UB40.

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously though, all the rapes are a bit more concerning than starting drunken bar brawls over cases of mistaken drunken identity. Drunk.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
Something about this doesn't seem right.
The laws here make it hard to poll. I... find it hard to believe that Heidi is down that much. Cramer is basically a bowl of mayonnaise who has said he would just lick Trump's boots whenever he asked. I find it hard to believe that would go over well in this state... but hey, maybe I'll be super fucking disappointed by the electorate. Wouldn't be the first or last time.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017

(I think someone asked about this)

So later in the questioning he sort of changed his answer?

[Redacted Questioner]: Well, actually, are you aware that the New York Times passed up on this story before the New Yorker ran the story? Judge Kavanaugh. That's what I read in the New York Times. What's your reaction to that?

Judge Kavanaugh: They couldn't — the New York Times couldn't corroborate this story and found that she was calling around to classmates trying to see if they remembered it. And I, at least — and I, myself, heard about that, that she was doing that. And you know, that just strikes me as, you know, what is going on here? When someone is calling around to try to refresh other people, is that what's going on? What's going on with that? That doesn't sound — that doesn't sound good to me. It doesn't sound fair. It doesn't sound proper. It sounds like an orchestrated hit to take me out. That's what it sounds like.

It depends on the content of the texts he was sending to people whether or not that additional information makes it any better.

Oct 26, 2017
So NBC News has an interview with Swetnick, decides to air it first on the Beat with Ari Melber

Yeah...

That's because it looks like Avenatti laid an egg. After the segment aired on Ari Melber's show, the rest of the MSNBC hosts have been barely talking about Swetnick. There are a lot of inconsistencies with her story and it doesn't look good that the 4 witnesses NBC was told to talk to, 1 one of them denied knowing anything, 1 was dead, and 2 they haven't been able to reach. Definitely doesn't help her credibility since these were the witnesses her and Avenatti provided.

Ironically 5 days ago Ramirez's allegations looked like the weakest of the three. But it turns out it might be the one that brings down Kavanaugh. This is huge that Kavanaugh had been working directly behind the scenes to squash the Ramirez's allegations well before the rest of the public was even aware about it. He's fully acting like an erratic political creature rather than a steady judge.

In the late 80s a Supreme Court Justice nomination had to be pulled because he once smoked pot. Kavanaugh is a certified aggressive drunk who may have assaulted at least 2 women. He's also a habitual liar. Even if he didn't commit the sexual assaults, he amassed a laundry list of misleading or false statements from the hearing on Thursday under oath. Kavanaugh is so tainted. If it's definitive that Kav was working behind the scenes to squash the Ramirez story, possibly leaning on witnesses and the lying about the drinking might be enough to sink him. That's all kinds of shady. Sure McConnell, Hatch, or Graham would vote for him in a heartbeat, but I think it would be too much dirty for Flake, Collins, and Manchin to swallow.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
This is off the current thread a bit, but Alex Trebek is moderating the PA gubernatorial debate right now.

Pretty entertaining

Status
Not open for further replies.