• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
It's genuinely ridiculous how fast everything has to go. Court trials can last up to a year or more, but we can't investigate someone for a permanent position for another month.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
I think Josh has a point here -- her lawyer never said that she won't appear, but she's saying the terms in which she wishes to appear under. That doesn't mean it's not worth trying, but it also doesn't mean that she won't show up. Again, I would take a wait and see approach here.

vanmardigan

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished the Woodward book . I don't think Mueller has anything I hope I'm wrong, and I'm sure he can make charges if he wants to given all the info he has but he knows better than to just bring random charges if he has nothing substantial, he will not move forward other than a terse rebuke of trump

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the Woodward book . I don't think Mueller has anything I hope I'm wrong, and I'm sure he can make charges if he wants to given all the info he has but he knows better than to just bring random charges if he has nothing substantial, he will not move forward other than a terse rebuke of trump
Dafuq gave you that conclusion

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Clever wording by her lawyer.

Yeah, again, I think there's a few things at play here, so I'm not sure how this will all game out. Her lawyer also never said on TV she wouldn't appear on Monday. Just the terms they wanted. They might not get them and she might still appear. Or not.

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That's just Dowd spinning.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018

Lol this is LITERALLY word for word a CHUD talking point.

Oct 27, 2017
I think Josh has a point here -- her lawyer never said that she won't appear, but she's saying the terms in which she wishes to appear under. That doesn't mean it's not worth trying, but it also doesn't mean that she won't show up. Again, I would take a wait and see approach here.

It was pretty clearly implied she won't be there on Monday, but I do agree that obviously it's good to wait and see.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
It's morbidly fascinating to hear about Kavanaugh's persona outside of his "meek, mild mannered carpool dad" PR spin. He's quite the slimy little shit.

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Now go read Russian Roulette by Michael Isikoff or House of Trump House of Putin by Craig Unger a and see if you arrive at the same conclusion. Woodward was not piecing together a puzzle like Unger or Isikoff.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If she doesnt testify he's getting confirmed. Lame ass move. Shouldnt have even come forward. Go all the way to the finish line and stop, not sealing the deal.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
It's morbidly fascinating to hear about Kavanaugh's persona outside of his "meek, mild mannered carpool dad" PR spin. He's quite the slimy little shit.
We're going to be hearing all sorts of stuff about in the coming week or two.

If she doesnt testify he's getting confirmed. Lame ass move. Shouldnt have even come forward. Go all the way to the finish line and stop, not sealing the deal.
But... she didn't come forward. It leaked.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand why people think Woodward can possibly give insight into what Mueller knows or doesn't. The Mueller operation is such a tight ship even Mueller probably doesn't know what Mueller knows.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I'm fucking shocked You can't be serious with this shit.
giphy.gif

Oct 27, 2017
That's pretty unfair. She had no idea this was going to happen and now she's getting death threats. She isn't a lawyer who's used to these sort of hearings, and she knows she's walking into an ambush on Monday from half the committee.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What a dumb post. She never wanted this and only stepped forward when she was warned she was gonna get outed either way.
It's not a dumb post. It's infuriating is what it is. Guy has the potential to be stopped from destroying countless women's lives. But no, she doesnt want it. She's already gonna get it now that her name is out there.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
It's not a dumb post. It's infuriating is what it is. Guy has the potential to be stopped from destroying countless women's lives. But no, she doesnt want it. She's already gonna get it now that her name is out there.
You ever gotten death threats from hundreds of people and had to move from your own home to protect your family? You have no idea how she is feeling right now.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Victim blaming.
You ever gotten death threats from hundreds of people and had to move from your own home to protect your family? You have no idea how she is feeling right now.
Yeah well, some people step up and some people don't. The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good (wo)men to do nothing, and all that. Hopefully she'll reconsider. But if she doesn't celebrations all around for the old white men.

vanmardigan

Oct 27, 2017
Make your case. Give me your top 3 "There is no there, there"

Go!

I mean, if Dowd was covering for trump calling him an idiot and liar is a heck of a cover The fact that he was his lawyer saw how stupid trump was saw that he lied all the time see him lie in the mock interview and still believed that he hadn't colluded with Russia stuck with me.

Slatsunus

Nov 2, 2017
You do realize that goes for whoever he picks regardless right?

Christ even for you this is stupid

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, if Dowd was covering for trump calling him an idiot and liar is a heck of a cover The fact that he was his lawyer saw how stupid trump was saw that he lied all the time see him lie in the mock interview and still believed that he hadn't colluded with Russia stuck with me.

This relies on Dowd knowing the contours of Mueller's case, his witnesses' stories and the physical evidence.

How does he know these things?

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm fucking shocked You can't be serious with this shit.

I don't know where the MAGA accusation is coming from but to conclude Mueller has nothing from the Woodward book is like claiming the Kennedy conspiracy after watching Titanic. I read the book from cover to cover and there are precisely zero conclusions to draw from it regarding the investigation - other than Trump is going to be the worst witness /defendant in history.

Status
Not open for further replies.