• The ResetEra Games of the Year Awards 2018 results are now live! Congratulations to all the winners!
  • Sidebar and Width settings will now no longer reset after 4 hours of inactivity! We have implemented a new system that will remember these preferences on each browser, for both members and guests. This allows you to choose different settings on different devices if you so desire.

US PoliERA 2019 |OT1| You down wit' NDP? (Yeah you know me!) Who's down wit' AOC? (This whole party!)

Oct 27, 2017
Seven R's voted NOT to pay workers for labor owed?
This bill assures backpay for all federal employees, not just those that were excepted and working, so I can at least see how some conservative ideologue or libertarian might rationalize voting against it. Definitely not a good look though. Although I think it means excepted workers don't get anything "extra" on top of the regular pay for having worked during the shutdown.

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 29, 2017
Daniel Nasaw @danielnasaw

Rep. Matt Gaetz has some reservations: "I don’t want the next national emergency to be that some Democrat president says we have to build transgender bathrooms in every elementary school in America" https://www.wsj.com/articles/white-...ng-army-corps-funds-to-build-wall-11547161664
I think mos Republicans know that if this "Emergency" pandoras box is opened, the next Dem president will use the precedent and get them all pretzel-twisted.

SweetNicole

Trust Me, I'm A Professional
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Oct 30, 2017
US
We already have transgender bathrooms though.

They’re called “bathrooms”
Silly GOP. We don't want to build transgender bathrooms. We want transgenders to use the bathroom matching the gender to which they identify.
In California, the gender signage has been removed from single occupancy public restrooms. The practical effect? ACCESS TO TWICE AS MANY BATHROOMS!!!

I wish they'd done this years ago.

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
Oct 25, 2017

Something something but kavanagh. And yes, I have actually seen arguments critical of Anderson Cooper for taking a shot during NYE and how it was terrible because of how attacked Kavvy was for drinking in high school.

Oct 27, 2017

Something something but kavanagh. And yes, I have actually seen arguments critical of Anderson Cooper for taking a shot during NYE and how it was terrible because of how attacked Kavvy was for drinking in high school.
Following the thread, it looks like the beer was from South Carolina, and someone noted craft brewers are having problems due to the shutdown.

Oct 26, 2017
Canada

Steven Dennis @StevenTDennis

A Fox Outnumbered host just asked, twice, what if @AOC jumps into the 2020 race for president.

No one corrected her and noted she’s not old enough to run under the Constitution.

Oct 27, 2017
Gaetz also blew up both the potential WH legal defense of a national emergency (by using state regulations and building codes as a counter-example to a national border requiring use of eminent domain), and the rationale for calling a national emergency:

"If we call a national emergency based on our phobias, the Democrats might also call a national emergency based on our phobias!" Logic fail.